TGIF and Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there! I mean ALL the moms, in whatever way you became a mom. To me, it’s not so much the path to parenthood, but the journey of loving and guiding a child into adulthood and beyond that matters the most.
Now let’s share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It’s hot again. I’m switching back to my summer routine of walking Maggie about 6:30ish in the morning. I like that doing that as long as it’s light enough to be safe.
- I got my hair cut this week and added more layers so it’s a bit shorter. I like it and Wizard is being nice If he had his way, it’d be straight and held back with a hair band of some kind. Thankfully, it’s my hair so I get do decide how I want it.
- Yesterday Biker Witch (my sister) came out and we went to coffee, then fun shopping (I bought a dog toy for a grand dog, because I’m a big spender like that) and then we went to lunch lunch. We can pack a lot into a couple hours!
- I’ve been switching to a new (virtual) yoga teacher, and trying a different kind of practice to do a little less on shoulder. I think the small smug part of my brain secretly thought that because it looks slower, it’d be easier. That smug little part of me was wrong. So wrong, LOL! I’ve even managed some sore muscles. But I like the challenge. One day, I hope to find a yoga studio close to my home so I can learn more with guidance and corrections, but in the meantime, this is working for me.
- Wizard and I made plans for Saturday night, but then Youngest called and invited us to his house for dinner. That was an easy choice, we can go to dinner anytime, but time with our kids is priceless.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
May 6th, 2022 at 7:56 am · Link
Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you get a chance to see all your kids this weekend. Smart lady walking early to beat the heat. Your haircut sounds cute! Yay for lunch with Biker Witch! Yay for virtual yoga and the challenge. Fingers crossed you do find a good local studio eventually. Yay for dinner with BLB.
1) I’m trying to get motivated and stay motivated, but it ain’t easy.
2) I’m also trying to be more positive, which is even harder.
3) The deer are getting fat pregnant. It won’t be long now.
4) Today’s the 20th anniversary of my Dad’s passing. I can’t believe it’s been 20 years without him. I like to think he’s fishing with his dad.
5) We’ve gotten SO MUCH rain this week. And more today. Blerg.
May 6th, 2022 at 9:49 am · Link
Happy Mother’s Day to everyone who has ever loved and cared for a child–including furbabies! I still remember when on of Only’s friends asked me to take her to the store so she could buy her dad a Mother’s Day card–single parent, mom not involved. She also got him Father’s Day cards. Anyway, yay for walks, Maggie time, family time, and yoga! Oh, and hair! You’ve had a busy week. My five:
1. We’ve had LOTS of rain and swirly-twirly things. Those things missed us, as did the hail so we only got the buckets of rain. Which we needed so that was good but some communities took direct hits and that’s not good.
2. We were supposed to have Stormy all week but due to weather, we only got him one day. After school stuff was cancelled. He and Only are off for a track meet and Baseball Boy is in the state playoffs.
3. My left shoulder is acting up again which creates *ughs* when lifting, raising my arm, or reaching for things. Despite that, I have managed a bit of revisions, though not nearly enough. Like B.E., I need a massive dose of gumption. I shall get pages done today! No. Really.
4. Pete is definitely a garage cat now. I really need to get a cat door installed so LG will actually close the garage door all the way. Yesterday, I was doing laundry and Pete came ducking in and got almost to me before he realized I was there. He skidded to a stop, looked guilty, turned around and took off again. He had something–a mouse, I suspect–in his mouth and I think he thought I’d take it away from him. Anyway, yeah. At least having him out there gets me motivated to fold and put up the laundray ASAP. (I always fold it into the basket, I just didn’t always bring it inside and put up the clean clothes.)
5. I had a bunch of irises bloom this year. Normally I only have two or three. I really need to gather them all up and bunch them together in a better spot. If the yard crew gets around to taking out the two dead holly bushes on the front of the house, maybe I’ll move them there because lots of sun. I need to transplant my peony to better sunlight too, but I like seeing it out my office window. Plus, I’m lazy.
Anyway, that’s my lazy five. Tomorrow is First Satuirday so siren test and Mexican food, plus combined Mom’s Day celebration. Happy Mom’s Day, have a great weekend all! 🥰
May 6th, 2022 at 2:53 pm · Link
Happy Mother’s Day!
1. That is so smart to revert to hot weather walking with Maggie. It’s cooler early in the morning and less people so probably more peaceful too.
2. The layers must look and feel great. It feels so go when the hair gets lightened. It moves better too.
3. So happy you got together with Biker Witch. I’m a big spender too .
4. Nice on the new yoga instructions. Funny how we get out butt kicked when we least expect it. I’m glad you are enjoying this new yoga teacher.
5. You have a fantastic time with middle and DIL. Spending time with them is always a win win.
1a. Hubs is going back down to see Harrison on the 17th. He and I have to have a money talk. These quick flights cost over $500 each. It would be a different story if we had a paycheck coming in but we don’t. We live off of what we saved.
2a. Middle is picking me and youngest up at 7:30 am tomorrow. We should get to my mom’s around 11:30. My brother and his wife will be meeting with us for lunch. It will be nice to see everyone even though things are not good health wise.
3a. Hubs and I are going to pick up Lebanese for dinner tonight. The place was created by the Uncle of youngest kids first boss. He sold the place and now they are a chain in the Cleveland area. Really good food.
4a. It’s been raining here all day, but not heavy. It has that cool damp feeling and poor Spunk is bummed. It’s still warm so the furnace is not kicking on. He likes to sit in front of the vents and warm up. Maybe we’ll have to light a fire later.
5a. My shoulder is really hurting today. It’s the weather and too much cleaning. I know I should hold back at times but I just can’t stand dirty floors.
I hope you have a great weekend and a FANTASTIC MOTHER’S DAY!
May 6th, 2022 at 4:05 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all! Now onto you:
1) I hear you on motivation. I’m usually motivated to do some thing or other…just not the thing I should be doing, LOL.
2) Yep. We are probably all feeling it in some way or another these days. I remind myself daily to strive to be positive but it’s a tough one.
3) It must be so fun to watch the deer have their babies.
4) We never “get over” losing our parents. I bet your dad was an amazing man!
5) I’m sorry for the endless rain Mother Nature really should considering spreading things around a little more evening to prevent disasters and reduce the general misery.
Hope you have a Happy Mother’s Day and a good weekend!
May 6th, 2022 at 4:18 pm · Link
Silver, Only’s friends sounds like a lovely girl with a great dad!
1) I saw the weather in your area in the last couple days. I was thinking of you! Glad you came through okay and hope others did as well.
2) At least you got one day with Stormy. And you got a break too if you had other things to do (like write?)
3) Dang I’m so sorry about your shoulder. Yay for getting some revisions done, but don’t push too hard and make it worse. I hope your shoulder improves and you can write and do whatever you like comfortably.
4) LOL Pete! I don’t think you wanted his mouse, but he clearly thought it was a prize I know a lot of people who do laundry that way. I’m just compulsive enough to put it away or it’ll nag me. Whatever works for us is the right thing to do!
5) Transplanting is a fair amount of work, and I agree about seeing them out of your office window. Do what I do on things like that and procrastinate
Hope you and Only both have a great Mother’s Day and all goes well (like the weather!) on your siren test!
May 6th, 2022 at 4:26 pm · Link
Viki, I love walking her that early. The construction guys and teachers are showing up, so there’s some people around. But it’s before the crazy driver parents clog the streets. Now for you:
1) That would get expensive fast! I’m sure your hubby will slow down the trips once you show him. I bet you miss him too!
2) I’m so glad you get to see your mom and brother. And Middle is awesome too.
3) These days, finding a good restaurant is living finding treasure. It’s even more special with the connection.
4) Aww Spunk. I’m sorry he’s sad he doesn’t have the heater (or warm sunshine) to keep him toasty.
5) Oh no, it’s like a shoulder epidemic around here. I hope your shoulder feels better! I’m just the same on doing more than I should. I need to rest today and baked two different kinds of cookies instead, LOL.
I really hope you have a great visit with your family and Happy Mother’s Day!