TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing 5 random things about our week.
- It’s been a longish week for different reasons. But all is well or will be by next week so let’s not dwell on that.
- We cleaned windows. We split it into two days, wanting to do an extra good job. I took the screens out front to wash them and brought Maggie out to help. Spoiler Alert: She didn’t help, she just sat and watched me work or moseyed around the grass. Maggie’s work ethic only kicks in if she’s chasing lizards or something fun like that. Otherwise, she’s a total slacker.
- I decided to go through a box of old letters from various friends over the years that I kept. I thought I’d toss them out, but instead I spent a couple hours reading through them all. I had to laugh at one consistent theme running through them all: Everyone kept apologizing for not writing back sooner. From what I surmised, I’d often send two letters to their one. I guess I was prolific letter writer back in the day??? It’s pretty funny given that I suck at even answering email these days. Also…I kept all the letters. I don’t know why, it just feels like a connection to old friends who moved away.
- My sister is in Hawaii. Someone is sulking because she’s not in Hawaii…um…Me! I’m sulking My sister is visiting her daughter, and here is where I should point out that her daughter is also my niece! But did my sister take me? No. And I get called the mean sister????? (I’m teasing, I’m thrilled for my sister! I want her to have the best trip ever and enjoy every moment with her daughter!)
- I’m reading a YA paranormal book and at the same time listening to an audio of another paranormal book. I’m rather impressed that I’m not confusing the two stories or characters! Sometimes I impress myself. But then I find myself standing in front of an open cupboard with no idea what I was searching for…that impressed feeling never lasts long, LOL!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope all of us have the best weekend possible!