TGIF! June is here! I don’t know why I’m excited, LOL. Now let’s getting sharing five random things about our week. Also I’m posting this on Thursday afternoon to bypass the scheduling since it’s unreliable for me lately.
- Our desktop computer locked up and then when I had to force reboot it, it refused. And refused. And kept refusing…so after 7 hours of struggling with it, we went and bought a new computer. We came home…and the computer had booted up and was running. I swear it’s true. Both of us laughed In any case, we knew we needed a new computer so it’s all good.
- I took Maggie to the vet for a routine appointment with the tech (not the actual vet). While waiting, a woman came in with two dogs and sat near us. Maggie made friends with both dogs, then when the woman held out her hand, Maggie loved her so much, she sat and leaned on her leg. While Maggie’s friendly, but this level of trust so quickly surprised me (in a good way!).
- Maggie also has a lump on her stomach that is likely a lipoma–a harmless fatty tumor. Both the experienced receptionist and I think the lump is a little harder than we like, so I made a vet appointment to have her check it out in a couple weeks. I’m doing this because when Maggie had her bladder stone surgery, we discovered that she was spayed in an unusual way and still has her uterus, which ups her risk a bit. But I’m not worried right now as she seems healthy overall. This is one of those judgement calls — do I want to spend some extra money for peace of mind? In this case, yes. Wizard was okay with it too.
- So our house is up for sale. Yesterday our realtor came over to retake a few of the pictures we took. And by we, I mean Wizard took them while I cleaned, arranged and vacuumed each room ahead of the pics. Guess who was sulking (with good humor) about his pictures not being good enough???? And guess who teased him about it???? Wizard is such a good sport. Truthfully, we both appreciate that the relator has more experience which gives her a better eye on how to get the best pictures.
- This weekend is an open house. There are so many things I’d rather do, LOL! But this is part of the process and we’ll do what it takes. Maggie will be going to boarding for those two days. We’ve told her it’s her “spa weekend” since they will give her a bath while she’s there. I’m not sure she believes us, but she’ll have fun.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!