TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week.
- The stress of this week got to me and I made cookies. Some people have a drinking problems, some have a gambling problems…I have a baking problem It’s a real thing, LOL. So I ran to an outlet grocery store and got Belgium chocolate chunks in both semi sweet and dark chocolate. Then I make chocolate chunk cookies and I’m happy with the way they turned out. Hmm…wait do I have a problem and I’m bragging about it???? I may be too far gone to save!
- Yesterday Wizard’s out of state brother came with his girlfriend. It was awesome to him!! He also stopped and picked up Wizard’s mom and her husband. That was lovely. But the day had some glitches. We took them to the only sit down restaurant in town, had a waitress who, when we didn’t order in the way she preferred, snapped instructions like a drill sergeant. The food wasn’t great and I wasn’t impressed with the cleanliness. Then we took them to the models of our new house — and there was a note on the door that they were closed for the day. I’m sure the restaurant and model home are facing staffing issues and stresses, but it made for a lot of frustration. However everyone seemed to take it all in stride, we came back to our house and ate cookies.
- We took the beloved Mustang that is fast as heck but sucks gas at $12.00 a gallon, back to Wizard’s brother (another brother — he has 3 of them, LOL). The body work turned out great and the car looks amazing. Even more impressive, I managed to follow Wizard all the way there. Lets just say that Wizard can be a rather, um, aggressive, driver. It’s about 50 miles each way, so it’s quite a drive.
- While at Wizard’s brothers, I ran upstairs to use the restroom, and met their newish dog. Wizard had warned me that this dog bites if he doesn’t know you. My sister-in-law had the dog in her arms, I saw hello, did my thing, then came out and talked to my sister-in-law doing my best to ignore the dog. (Eye contact and aggressive movements will trigger a scared dog) It turned out my sister-in-law is working with a trainer, and when the dog growled and worry-barked a little bit, she corrected him, and he stopped. I love talking about dogs and training, so we kept chatting, when all of a sudden to two guys called up the stairs, “Isn’t the dog barking or growing?” I said no, and Wizard was soooo annoyed. “He barks at me!” I laughed and told him that’s because we have different energies and I’m not afraid of the dog just to annoy him. The truth is a combination of the amazing work my sister-in-law has been putting into this with the trainer and the fact that the dog is really sweet at heart. He just doesn’t know what to do when new people show up, but he’s clearly willing to learn. But annoying Wizard and amazing his brother was fun Although the real credit for the transformation goes to the dog and my sister-in-law and I had nothing to do with it. All this work they are putting into him will help him be more secure and confidant, giving him an even happier life. It also made me think about areas that I can do more work with Maggie.
- I think we’re going to try to see Turbo this weekend if they aren’t busy. Our week has been so chaotic with various things, that I haven’t even asked yet. Otherwise, I’ll find something to do that doesn’t involve baking
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone stays cool, and has a fun weekend!