Friday, August 5th, 2022
TGIF!! Let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Monday we tackled taking our huge desk apart to get it outside. To get the desk into the house, the delivery people took our front door off. Getting it out was going to be impossible, or if we did manage it, we might damage the door or doorjamb. After a endless debating, we decided to take the desk apart and dispose of it. We had two great decades out if the desk so it lived its life. Now the remains are neatly stacked on the side of the house until we get a dumpster. We’ve decided to keep the two bookcases and filing cabinets, at least for now.
- We’ve put up a folding table for the computer and that’s total chaos, LOL! I’ve ordered three organizers to contain our stuff so we can reorganized and run our lives again. We’ll be using this system in the new house for at least a few months too. Wizard and I can handle most disruption with the packing and moving things around, but the office is the “brain” of hour lives and we need it organized to function.
- We scheduled movers for the 30th. Hopefully all goes well. But so far, everything appears to be lining up. Also, packed boxes are stacking up in our living room
- We’ve spent a year getting rid of crap, and yet, we found MORE files to shred yesterday. How do we collect so much stuff? I did find handwritten notes on negotiating contracts, which was interesting. At least until Wizard walked by and said, “Keep shredding, slacker.” He’s mean! Of course, he’d already shredded the first half of the stack and it was my turn to shred not meander down memory lane.
- I’m trying to make myself spend money on a new dress for Wizard’s reunion at the end of September. The money is only half of it, the other problem is I have to order a dress, try it on and send it back if it doesn’t fit. Í can’t make myself order several at one time. I’m convinced if I do that, I’ll somehow be unable to return them. Such a dilemma. I do have one dress I could wear, but I don’t want to. This is a stupid thing to whine about, LOL!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
August 5th, 2022 at 10:13 am · Link
Bummer on the desk. If it could be put back together, you might consider moving it to the curb with a sign that says “Free Desk.” In this day and economy, it’s amazing what people will snag from the curb. Yay on getting organized to move and everything lining out so far. Keeping fingers crossed. 🤞🏼 Order the dang dresses, woman! You might find a couple to keep which means you don’t have to go through this again the next time you need a cool outfit! And you know you want a cool outfit so Wiz can show you off, because he will! Just sayin’…
Okay, my five:
1. I woke up to thunder at 4:30 this morning. And rain. It’s almost 10 and we’re still getting little rain cells drifting through. It’s completely dry in downtown, at Only’s office, but they got rain the last time when we got zilch. It’s welcome.
2. I’ve buggered my right shoulder again. I totally have to get my dang office rearranged and setup differently. The stuff I’m doing now requires a lot of mouse or touch screen work and I’ve learned that the position of my mouse is not healthy for my shoulder.
3. Yesterday was a hand-water day for us–stupid water restrictions. Stuff was dying so I went out early and watered at least part of the “garden.” For 2 hours. I’m convinced that’s why we got the rain today. You can bet I’ll water again on Sunday when it’s our turn again!
4. Stormy is here today. Baseball Boy is back at school–getting ready for classes starting next week. His school and Stormy’s school normally line up but not this year. The kiddo will be with us for a few days next week until his classes start. I can’t believe he’s in the THIRD grade! Gah!
5. Tomorrow is our anniversary. 39 years. And not only haven’t we killed each other, we’re still speaking! It’s also First Saturday so that means siren test and lunch at Alvarado’s with the Kids. I may even order a sopapilla. That’ll be our celebration. We will stuff ourselves into a good food coma, come home and nap before watching the Cardninals play the Yankees. We live such a romantic life. 🤣 But it suits us.
Have a great weekend all! 🥰
August 5th, 2022 at 3:28 pm · Link
1. Wow! That’s a lot of work taking the desk apart but very smart. You didn’t want to cause any damage to the house.
2. That made me laugh. I had my computer on a card table for 24 years and just put it on a desk. Now you have yours on a folding table- strange .
3. Glad you were able to get the movers scheduled. Praying all continues to go as planned.
4. Our junk is just like take out food – it just keeps filling up the container.
5. Good luck with the dress. You have great taste so I’m sure you will find something perfect.
1a. I ordered a new feather bed and opened it up to air on the guest bed. I thought ahead and threw a sheet over it because Spunk has claimed it . I don’t know what he’ll do Sunday when I put it on my bed.
2a. My shoulder has been awful. It has to be this horrible humid weather.
3a. Had my mammogram today. It really did an extra number on my shoulder. Not having a good day.
4a. Ordered hearing aids for hubs. He wouldn’t do it on his own so I did it. They should be here Monday. I can’t wait.
5a. I have to tackle another closet of junk left by youngest this weekend. More stuff to go to Easter Seals.
I hope you have a great weekend!
August 5th, 2022 at 4:47 pm · Link
Silver, the desk can’t be put back together. I’d have been happy to give it away if it was possible, but it just wasn’t. I’m still debating on the dresses (secretly hoping one of them goes on sale this weekend!)
1) Sounds like pretty typical summer rain storms with small cells that hit selective areas. When I got up at 5:30 it had just rained. I was surprised when I opened the back door for Maggie.
2) Yes you need to do that ASAP! I’m really sorry about your shoulder. It’s so frustrating to have both the pain, then the pain stop you from doing your writing.
3) Ugh on the water restrictions. We have them in neighboring counties, but our county is resisting. Our county is wrong but it makes life easier for us. Still the drought is as serious here as it is there. We all need some rain (in reasonable, not flooding amounts) this year. Our reservoirs are dangerously low. All that said, I feel you on the hand watering! Probably not great for your shoulder either. You need rest and targeted stretching.
4) Wow!! Third grade! How is he getting so big??? It’s so awesome though that he can be with you and LG when his parents schedules don’t match his own. Enjoy your Stormy time!
5) Happy Anniversary!! That’s quite a milestone! You and LG are a great couple and I love your commitment to one another and your family. Celebrate in the way that makes you two happy!
I hope you both have a great time celebrating this weekend (Mexican food with family is always a great choice!), and the siren test goes as planned.
August 5th, 2022 at 4:58 pm · Link
Viki, thanks we are getting so much done. Today we moved boxes from an upstairs closet downstairs. My back and legs are done I hope you love having the desk now, I believe you said it was your grandmothers? The card table is working ok temporarily for us now that we got it organized.
1) I bet Spunk follows it to your bed! It sounds like a kitty dream bed
2) That really sucks about your shoulder. I’m so sorry. I hope it feels better.
3) Glad you got the mammogram done, but yeah, that can really aggravate your shoulder.
4) I hope the hearing aides help!
5) Cleaning out is so endless. But if your shoulder is this sore, maybe wait another week?
I hope your shoulder improves and you have a great weekend.