TGIF!! Let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Monday we tackled taking our huge desk apart to get it outside. To get the desk into the house, the delivery people took our front door off. Getting it out was going to be impossible, or if we did manage it, we might damage the door or doorjamb. After a endless debating, we decided to take the desk apart and dispose of it. We had two great decades out if the desk so it lived its life. Now the remains are neatly stacked on the side of the house until we get a dumpster. We’ve decided to keep the two bookcases and filing cabinets, at least for now.
- We’ve put up a folding table for the computer and that’s total chaos, LOL! I’ve ordered three organizers to contain our stuff so we can reorganized and run our lives again. We’ll be using this system in the new house for at least a few months too. Wizard and I can handle most disruption with the packing and moving things around, but the office is the “brain” of hour lives and we need it organized to function.
- We scheduled movers for the 30th. Hopefully all goes well. But so far, everything appears to be lining up. Also, packed boxes are stacking up in our living room
- We’ve spent a year getting rid of crap, and yet, we found MORE files to shred yesterday. How do we collect so much stuff? I did find handwritten notes on negotiating contracts, which was interesting. At least until Wizard walked by and said, “Keep shredding, slacker.” He’s mean! Of course, he’d already shredded the first half of the stack and it was my turn to shred not meander down memory lane.
- I’m trying to make myself spend money on a new dress for Wizard’s reunion at the end of September. The money is only half of it, the other problem is I have to order a dress, try it on and send it back if it doesn’t fit. Í can’t make myself order several at one time. I’m convinced if I do that, I’ll somehow be unable to return them. Such a dilemma. I do have one dress I could wear, but I don’t want to. This is a stupid thing to whine about, LOL!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!