TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing 5 random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Monday I baked salted dark chocolate and lemon cookies. That’s all fine, but I screwed up my first batch of lemon cookies by second guessing myself. It was so stupid. I doubled the recipe and once the batter was mixed, I suddenly convinced I hadn’t doubled the amount of lemon juice. So I impulsively add more lemon juice. Then I realized I was wrong…and I’d just added what is essentially an acid to a batter after the dry ingredients had been incorporated. So I baked a test cookie and it seemed okay. But could I leave it alone? Nope, I fought with myself over this for a half hour, but the mental pain of knowing I’d screwed up insisted that I go to the store, buy more butter and lemons, then redo the entire double batch. That is crazy, I know it’s crazy and I did it anyway. I don’t have an excuse.
- I already mentioned that we got together with family to see Wizard’s out of state family. But it was a big deal for us Years ago, Wizard’s uncle was in the air force and stationed in Hawaii. Wizard went there as a young man on a vacation and stayed with his uncle. They have great memories of that time and I love hearing about it. His uncle brought him a bottle of Scotch because his uncle introduced him to the drink. It was really sweet. It was also great for his mom to see her brother.
- I got my hair done, so all the gray is hidden and I’m growing it out just a little bit. With this humidity, thoughI should just wear a baseball hat and give all the effort. That said, I’m very happy with the color.
- I got my Humira medication! It’s taken a few calls, lots of hold time and patience, but I’ve had a lot of help too. The copay is so high (well over 1K a month) I wouldn’t be able to afford it. But assistance from the pharmaceutical company is making it possible. I know we all complain about health care and costs (for valid reasons!), but I also think it’s important to call out the good too. I’m very grateful.
- I started reading a sample of a book on my kindle this morning and really liked it. The only problem? The book is $14.99. I hate paying that for a Kindle book. So now I’m asking my past self why the heck I downloaded the sample to a book I didn’t want to pay the price for? In case you’re wondering, my past self isn’t answering. She’s probably busy creating another problem and issue for my future self to figure out.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope you have a great weekend!