TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- The heat is on! It’s been around 110 degrees. On the upside, we had a couple dryer days, and my hair loved that. But the humidity is returning. Fire season is ramping up too, although thankfully, we haven’t had the Santa Ana winds yet. We had one bad fire this week pretty far north of us, and several firefighters ended up hospitalized for heat related problems. That’s a little scary.
- Early Thursday morning I saw a cricket in the house, but it disappeared before I could get it. I looked and looked. Then in the late afternoon, the cricket turned up nearly dead by the back door. I’m pretty sure a certain innocent looking puppy is responsible for his condition. Maggie loves things that hop…until they don’t hop anymore. But at least I don’t have to wonder where that cricket is now!
- It’s September and the house is supposed to be ready toward the end of the month! Wizard and I started working on an estimated budget for things like window coverings, some furniture we’ll need and doing the outside. We were using the SWAG Budgeting Method. SWAG stands for Scientific Wild Ass Guess It was fun and we’re getting excited again, rather than feeling stuck in a holding pattern which is nice. I’m pretty sure at least half our list is a wish list, LOL. And yes, I know lists and budgets are weird to some people. But it helps us prioritize what we really need to do to make the house functional and comfortable, and the rest of the stuff can wait until we can do it.
- We went to Costco yesterday. Wizard NEVER EVER EVER wants me to go to Costco by myself. And before anyone things Aw, he’s trying to help or he’s protective. You’d be right if you’re thinking about our budget Once we get into Costco, he suddenly race walks like it’s an Olympic event. I mean, I blink and suddenly we’re standing in line to check out. Everywhere else we go, including the grocery store, I try to get him to move faster. But in Costco? The man can win the gold medal! I’m not sure why he thinks I’ll spend more $$ in Costco, but it’s become a family joke.
- Today I’m getting my eyes checked (boring) and I need to go check on Phoebe as her parents are working, and that’s fun for me. She’s so easy to take care of, and makes me feel like a hero for stopping by to see her.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend and a fantastic labor day on Monday (for those in the U.S.)!