TGIF! Let’s get right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It’s been a quiet week that has involved a lot of me standing around waiting until Wizard needs me to help with his building the cabinets. It’s been, um, a much longer and challenging than anticipated. You know how it goes, everything that can go wrong does, but Wizard has adjusted the plan the best he can and will make it work. Overall, a quiet week isn’t a bad thing. Last week was almost too hard.
- We spent an hour or so measuring and drawing out the back yard so we can plan and start getting quotes. It’s a small slightly awkward space, so we want to make the best use of space while keeping it low maintenance. I think we have a good start in knowing what we want. The front is desert landscape, and something we want to change, but it may have to wait. We drew up some ideas and will begin talking to contractors in another week or two.
- I need to get estimates on the #2 in order to move forward inside the house. I’m trying to be patient but it’s starting to bug me. We aren’t even hanging pictures until I decided where I want our existing wall art and where I think we can afford new pieces. But I need to buy two chairs and some console tables, and that all circles back to budget which requires an idea what the outside retaining walls and landscape is going to cost. LOLOL. All that said, at least we’re moved in and mostly settled, so these are not real problems by an stretch! We both love this house.
- I want to bake but I know I should wait until I have a clearer treatment plan (probably late next week). However…I might give in and do something today for fun and I just won’t eat it. Turbo did want some chocolate cookies, but I need to talk to his parents and see what they think about that since Monday is Halloween and there’s probably a lot of junk around — including the Halloween bag I’m taking him.
- This weekend, we hope to go see Turbo on Saturday, then we’re going by Biker Witch’s on Sunday so Wizard and Youngest Son can install a couple ceiling fans (they volunteered to do it cause they wanted too). I’m just tagging along to see my sister It doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but it’ll fill up the weekend.
See? It was a quiet, boring week. Oh I forgot to mention I started reading RESCUE MOON by Silver James and I’m enjoying it. So far what I love the most is the fast pacing that keeps me turning pages! So that’s my five plus a bonus on what I’m reading, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!