TGIF! Wow how did it get to be December already? Crazy! But lets focus now on sharing five random things about our week.
- I miss reading. Listening to audiobooks is great, I really love them and I’m listening to a really interesting one right now. I’m going to try harder to physically read more books in 2023 if I can. I miss writing too, but I’m just in a different place in my life these days. But 2023 will be a new year to get things done!
- We got the microwave and cooktop fixed! Turned out all they needed to do was replace the breaker with a better one. I wasn’t here but Wizard said it just took the electrician that housing track sent out a few minutes. In related news on the new chairs: The company is sending out someone to look at them next Tuesday. I am hoping for just as easy of a resolution. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s our fault or the chairs At this point, it could be either.
- I went out shopping on Wednesday for some things for the house, and ended up only buying a set of Christmas dish towels featuring a dog that looks like Maggie on them I think I spent a whopping $7.00. We’ll be starting the retaining walls, planters and concrete outside soon, so I’m good with my $7.00 purchase, LOL! I had planned to go to my cake store but never made it due to time constraints, which also saved us a chunk of change! I’ll probably get there next week. Right now, I’m planning cookies for something Wizard wants me to do, but at some point, I’ll do a fun cake too.
- Yesterday morning, I was walking Maggie when a beautiful, fairly big black dog came barreling toward us. I stopped and told him no, he slowed and grew respectful and sweet. His body language was pretty easy to read so I wasn’t too worried until a second smaller dog showed up growling and much more fearful and insecure. That’s when things got serious. A construction guy came over and helped tell the dogs to leave. I’m very grateful for his help! Maggie and I turned and went home, and I had to send the dogs away one more time on our way, but they listened. I don’t know what happened to the dogs after that. Once I had Maggie inside, they were gone. Wizard was out in the garage later and said he never saw them too. They had flat collars on, and I’m wondering if the belonged to one of the construction workers on the job site, but the guy helping me didn’t want to tell me that. The reason I suspect that is because they came out of the yard where the workers gather in the morning and they looked well cared for.
- Wizard is struggling with sinuses this week. We don’t think it’s a cold, it’s acting like allergies/sinuses that come and go. He’s a bit more tired than usual but doesn’t seem sick. The weather has gone from sunny to overcast and deciding if it might rain or not so that’s probably a factor. A lot of people we know have been really sick with the current cold virus going around, so we haven’t made any real plans for the weekend just to make sure we’re both well before we go and expose too many others.
So that’s my pretty boring week Now I’d love to hear about your five! I hope everyone has a great weekend!