TGIF! The first week of January has zoomed by and it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- So it’s rained a lot, but not as much as forecasted in our area. Up in Northern Cal they are dealing with a lot more. But our weather people are freaking out over what is basically rain It’s both funny and ridiculous.
- The rain kept me inside yesterday, so I dusted, did laundry, vacuumed furniture and tried out my Christmas gift of a vacuum mop. That mop is great! It saved my back and side. I’m really happy with it.
- My stomach is a big, fat, annoying jerk. That’s really I need to say about that.
- The entertainment center we ordered for the new big screen TV came yesterday. It’s now spread around my living room in roughly a million pieces. So far we’ve managed to successfully assemble so many different things for the house, let’s hope our luck holds. The TV will be mounted on the wall, this is a console that will sit below it.
- Today is supposed to be dry! Maggie and I are looking forward to walks after being housebound yesterday. We probably can’t go on the trails but it should be so pretty even from the sidewalks. On Wednesday when we had a break in the rain, we went over to the empty lots (houses to be built soon) walked over the rain-soaked lots. I was slightly surprised that Maggie was willing to tromp through the mud and puddles, but she was having a great time tracking smells churned up by the rain. But wow, the ground was so saturated and sucking at my shoes. I really should get hiking boots Maggie is basically a goat and has no problems. When I got home, I was trying to clean my shoes, and Wizard restrained himself enough to watch for about one minute, before he took over. No idea why he thought I was doing it wrong, but who am I to argue if he wants to clean all the mud off my shoes????
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!