TGIF! Friday showed up again! Okay, let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I bought a book I was excited to read, and yet it’s sitting on my side table untouched. I rarely just sit down during the day, mostly because the tinnitus will drive me crazy, so I’ve gotten in the habit of staying in motion (that’s not a bad thing!). But at some point, I’m sure I’ll start reading and get hooked as it’s by one of my fave authors.
- So I went to another specialist this week for my stomach. I was dreading it for a lot of reasons — one of them being that I was going to have to explain the whole backstory. But I knew I had to do it, so I gathered up copies of all the tests I’ve done so far and went. Much to my surprised this youngish doctor came in the room, and without any notes, was able to tell me the results of all my scans, labs and procedures and the conclusions the previous GI doctor had reached so far. Then he asked me a series of specific questions and listened to my answers. I was surprised and pretty impressed. As I’ve said before, the most scary things have been ruled out. I’m doing better right now, and carefully watching my diet. This appointment was to get established and do a few more tests to work out the root problem, but his will take months. The point is I’m really impressed with someone who does their job and does it well.
- Wizard and I went out to dinner last night as a late Valentines. We haven’t been out in a long time, and we were absolutely shocked at the wait time! We thought we were going early, but still had to wait more than 30 minutes. We had a good time though. But I honestly wondered how many people eat at home anymore???
- I made fondant yesterday. This involves marshmallows and powdered sugar and it’s a HUGE mess. I really should have taken a picture, including me covered in the white powder! But even though it’s a huge mess and is major pain with all the kneading and pulling like taffy, the homemade fondant is soooo much easier to work with. I made this just to have on hand for future projects.
- Youngest had a birthday this week, and we’re having him and his wife over Sunday to celebrate. I’m looking forward to that! So is Maggie Hopefully he will like the cake. A gluten-free cake doesn’t have the same crumb, rise or structure as a cake that has flour containing gluten, but it’s still pretty good.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!