TGIF!! Let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Boy were we surprised! Wednesday we had high winds, rain, hail and finally SNOW in the afternoon! It was only for about 20 minutes but very fun for us. I’d say it’s the perfect amount since we have no real desire to live in the snow
- I am once again getting my Humira after weeks of it being held hostage for a supposed deductible that was in the thousands. I spent weeks on this, calling four different entities involved (it’s very complicated), and one doctor appointment. My doctor by the way was furious, but there was nothing he could do to fix it. What’s a little frustrating is that I don’t know specifically who of all the people I talked to actually fixed it, but I am very grateful to them for doing it. It just goes to show that sometimes even when we can’t see instant results, things are being done behind the scene. And that “keep trying” often works.
- I’ve officially named my new starter attempt Rye-N. He’s clearly a boy, if I ever make a gluten free starter, then that one will be a girl. And speaking of hobbies, lets transition to talking about yoga. My latest is an attempt to get better at yoga pose transitions. Specifically I want to do a better jump up from the down dog pose to forward fold. But my age and the titanium plate in my neck do not make this the most realistic goals Wizard just shakes his head when he sees me watching instructional videos on this. But to his credit, he doesn’t laugh out loud. While I might dream of doing it, I’m pretty good at knowing my limits once I start to try it. I really don’t want to get hurt!
- Yesterday oldest called in the afternoon when he was driving somewhere. It was a fun conversation about nothing in particular. Some of it was stories he was telling me that had me laughing. But I just took a moment to appreciate that even heading into his super busy tax season — he’ll find time to check in with us. Oh and then I laughed when Wizard called youngest daughter-in-law to see if it was snowing where she is too. She answered with, “Yep it’s snowing here too!” I just cracked up. It’s not like he calls her a lot, but she definitely knew why he was calling Youngest son had gone into work (as opposed to working from home) that day and missed it.
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch for coffee, and tomorrow we’re going out to see Middle Son, his wife and my two beloved grand pups, Jett and Hazel. This has been a priority for Wizard and I for about three weeks now, so we’ll be really glad to see them!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!