TGIF! Is it just me, or is time flying? Okay, let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I think it’s obvious that I’m still not writing. But I am living a happy life doing all the things I didn’t have time to do when I was writing. That surprises me in a way. Writing has been such a big part of who I am that I wasn’t sure I could be happy not doing it. Life can surprise us. But I do think about stories and ideas, so who knows what the future has in store.
- I finally ordered my standing planter for my herbs and I’m excited! I know it’s a little thing, but I’ve been looking forward to getting to this point in our backyard plans. Once we get it assembled (thoughts and prayers for a swear-free experience, please ), I will be able to get my herbs! The standing planter is pretty small and easily moved, so I can easily protect the plants from the elements when needed. I’m not big gardener, but fresh herbs are just one of those little things in life that make me happy.
- Wizard has a birthday next week, and I just got all the things I need to make him a mini cheesecake as he requested. He’s pretty happy about that And I’m happy as I can get another use out of two mini spring form pans that I recently bought. I think I’m also going to try making sourdough bread again. I’ve decided to use the same recipe and maybe do a couple tiny tweaks. I think sticking with the same recipe for the first few times will help me learn the feel of the dough better. Experience is the best teacher. Thankfully the bread seems to freeze well too.
- I’ve been researching microbiomes, gut health and various related things. Let me just say that this is a huge rabbit hole! I fell in hard, LOL! And then I kept stumbling into new rabbit holes like sugar in children’s school breakfasts and I don’t even know how I ended up there. Then my incessant need to verify stated facts with my own research sucks me into an endless tunnel system of rabbit holes via Google! I’m not sure I’ll ever escape now. Don’t believe me? I can now tell you what the elementary school nearest us offers for breakfast to those who cant have it at home, and I don’t have school aged children. I actually had to look that up to see if what I was reading was correct (sadly, it was correct). That is only one of the rabbit holes! I think I need an intervention!
- This weekend, Wizard is racing, and I’m meeting Special K to take Turbo to a little craft show/Easter egg hunt. It’s by their house and sounds like a fun thing to do. I’m looking forward to it!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!