TGIF! Okay lets dive right into sharing five random things about our week.
- I am off jury duty as of last night! I got lucky this time and didn’t have to go in. Wizard sulked because he not only had to go in, but got the judge that held them there for two days.
- Youngest is having car issues, which is not unusual. But the state of California has turned what should be an inconvenient headache into a blazing migraine with no cure. It’s utter craziness. So this morning I am picking him up from another mechanic (his third or fourth) as they try to solve this problem. FYI — the car drives and performs fine. This is a state bureaucratic issued and the dealership just shrugged their shoulders and said, “We don’t know.” I’m seriously pissed for him. Not that he needs me to be pissed, LOL. But he’ll solve it and move on because that’s what adults do.
- I bought some pillows and a candle for my outdoor space (because I had a gift card!), and now I’m out there all the time. Wizard and I love that patio. This weekend, we’re hoping to get the ceiling fan installed. I mentioned to Youngest that Wizard and I could probably do it now that he has the bracket up. Guys, I was so proud of him — he was very tactful when he insisted he would do it. I know he didn’t want us trying to maneuver the fan up the ladder and because I can appreciate his concern, I told him we would wait for him. The kids seldom worry about us doing anything, so if they do have a concern, we make a point to listen.
- So I think I accidently created a Sourdough Monster in Wizard He’s worrying that we will run out and wants to know when I’m starting on the next set of loaves. I find that hilarious. In the beginning, he was afraid of the starter, and my first efforts weren’t turning out the way we hoped. But now he’s a sourdough fiend!
- Turbo is coming over this weekend. That’s awesome. But Turbo’s dad (Oldest) loves sourdough so I told him we’d bring out the loaf in the freezer while he’s here. Wizard tried to talk me into buying sourdough from the store and giving oldest that, and save the homemade stuff for him. I just rolled my eyes and told him I’m serving the homemade sourdough to Oldest and Special K. Wizard will find a way to cope, LOL. We are both looking forward to seeing Oldest, Special K and Turbo! Sometime today I have to go buy some snacks for Turbo since I don’t think I’ll have time to bake. I already bought him a toy when I was in Target this week. I had zero intention of doing that when I ran into Target so I’m not sure how that happened, but I do have a theory: Grandma’s have a magnetic field that draws toys into their carts and we don’t notice it until we’re checking out. By then, it’s too late and so we keep buying toys. That’s my story! (Wizard rolled his eyes at that one!).
So that’s my five, now I’d really love to hear yours! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!