TGIF!! If I have my days of the week correct, then it’s time to share 5 random things about our week! Here’s mine:
- Maggie is in the dog house! So her stitches are fine, and if you ask her, she’s 100% and has no clue what all the fuss is about or why I’m taking her on fake walks only to the end of the street and back. So I was outside working with my plants, and I got a new plant — chives — which I transplanted and gave some plant food. Maggie tried to eat the plant food <<insert eye roll >> and I told her to leave it. Then I decided to wash out my standing planter and put all the herbs on the ground on the side of the house. When I went back a couple hours later to move the plants — Maggie had dug out half the soil in my chives, probably eating the plant food or maybe the chives just smelled interesting, I don’t know. I was so mad at her! But it does show that A) She’s feeling good enough to be mischievous enough to get into something I’ve never seen her do before, and B) I’m leaving her out in the back unsupervised so I’m not worried about her. I am worried about the poor chive plant! We’ll see if he survives.
- Wizard told me yesterday I couldn’t wash the floors because I’d done too much already. I just looked at him. He goes, “What? You say that to me and I listen.” Ha! Sometimes, he listens. Also, I washed half the floors only because I ran out of time and energy to do the rest. So I guess we both won? (Yes, I do listen…sometimes.)
- Wizard started clearing rocks and raking out the soil on the long side of the hill (with the retaining wall) where we haven’t planted anything yet and I helped in between making sourdough bread, which was as crazy as it sounds, LOL! I moved tons of rock. Well okay maybe it was pounds rather than tons, but I was happy I could do it without hurting myself. It’s so nice to see Wizard feeling better! We’re going to put my tomato and bell pepper plants there as we don’t think there’s enough sunshine on the other side where I originally wanted them. I’m not even sure I can keep the plants alive and get them to produce, but I’m gonna try!
- Last week I hit 10 miles of walking on my tracking app. I was pretty happy with that since I only track when I go out for long walks. This week will be much sadder. I think I got one or two 2-mile walks since I feel guilty going without Maggie. I’m trying to save the last couple hours of the audio book HARD DAY FOR A HANGOVER because if I don’t have Maggie with me, I love listening to it while walking. I just need the time in the morning when I tend to be busiest!
- I made and froze four layers of 8 inch found cake so I can decorate them for fun when I get the inspiration and chunk of time. It’s nice to have the cake layers in the freezer, ready to go when I am.
That’s my five (I know, I’m soooo bring these days!), now I’d love to hear yours!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all the Dad’s!