TGIF!! Friday is so reliable and shows up every 7th day like clockwork. I appreciate that! Okay time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine!
- Top of my mind as I write this is that the five people on that Titanic submersible are presumed dead. So tragic. Confession time: I tried not to read this stuff and get invested because submarines in general trigger my fear of being trapped, plus the fact that wasn’t a fully functional submarine but a submersible dependent on a launch ship, and finally, I didn’t think this would have a better outcome. But I got sucked in, and I really feel for all the families and loved ones of the victims. Just to be clear, despite my own fears, I respect those who are more adventurous than me, and I’m deeply sorry this tragedy happened.
- I have not baked anything since Sunday. I’m mildly proud of that for some reason, LOL. I was on one heck of a baking spree last week.
- Yesterday I met Biker Witch for coffee, a little browsing and then we finished up the day at Trader Joes. I so enjoyed just seeing her and hanging together. Plus the coffee at the little pastry and sandwich shop we went to was amazing! It’s been awhile since I had such good coffee. The people who worked there (and I think owned it) were so nice and very friendly too. I love that. Then we found another lovely woman in a small arts and crafts shop — she’s a retired accountant now working for fun in her son and daughter-in-law’s business. I found her refreshingly happy and living the life she chose with joy.
- Oh, I just looked at my walking app and discovered I’ve walked 30 miles this month (that I tracked, I only track dedicated walks, not anything else). That shocked me. Of course, the math makes sense, but I just hadn’t thought about it. By the way, Maggie is fine now, I’m just making sure I keep her walks a bit slower and no more than a mile through at least today. Then we’ll edge up a bit more if she’s ready. She is an aging girl and it’s getting hotter so I’m keeping a close eye on her.
- Wizard and I planted the rest of the hill along the side of the house. I’m amazed at how much Wizard is doing now that his back is healed. He laid the rest of the drip line and dug all the holes for the plants! Now we have a couple bare spots here and there left to fill in with some plants but that’s easy to do. It’s been a bit of work and a lot of pleasure to work on this back yard. I hope we continue to love it over the years as we do now. Even Maggie really enjoys being out there! That said, in the summer we will miss our old pool, and that’s okay. We can always invite ourself to Youngest’s house to use his pool!
That’s my five now I’d really love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fabulous and healthy weekend!