TGIF! How did Friday get here so fast? Well since we’re here, let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week.
- Monday I took Maggie to her vet and put her through some minor testing. Her urinalysis came back with a bit of struvite crystals but no infection or other signs of stones. Yet she’s having weird accidents, so we have her on a “watch” for the moment. The plan is that if she’s still not quite herself in a bit of time, we’ll do an x-ray for a closer look, and if that’s clear, we’ll put her on some low dose meds to help her. This could just be an aging issue, but it’s upsetting Maggie and so we want to be sure she’s okay. I really appreciate her vet and the staff (they are more than just staff, they are true caregivers in the purest sense of the word) for their careful yet conservative approach. And they tell me they love her because she’s so sweet, even when they’re sticking needles in her. That’s my sweet Maggie — when she’s not out mercilessly hunting lizards and trying to get crickets to hop so she can chase them.
- Maggie is supposed to sit and wait while I answer the door. However some religious women stopped by and Maggie decided she must go out on the porch and wiggle-circle them. I don’t know if it was some kind of religious bonding ceremony or my dog is just nuts. I suspect that latter. For a dog who was scared of everyone, let’s just say that she’s come out of her shell. As for her her breaking command, that is my fault. I wasn’t paying attention as I should have been to stop her. And I let her go out to greet my kids when they come over, so that’s made her think she can.
- I had a really nice birthday, and thanks to all for the lovely birthday wishes! Wizard and I went to dinner where I had a filet mignon with herb butter and blue cheese topping. I paid for it with some indigestion which I knew would happen from the herb butter, but it was totally worth it! That steak was amazing! I also got an air fryer (I wanted it) for my birthday and I’m looking forward to playing with that.
- Yesterday in the late afternoon, I tried making granola again, and this time I used some oil and maple syrup. It smells really good but I haven’t tested it yet. Making the granola necessitated a trip to Trader Joes where several checkout people asked me what I was baking from all the dark chocolate and various nuts in my cart. I sheepishly admitted that I’m just stocking up for when I’m inspired to bake, and that I seriously love their dark, non dairy chocolate chips. They were kind and treated me as if I’m normal, LOL!
- I feel a bit spoiled; today I’m going to lunch with my sister and tomorrow evening we’re going to dinner with Youngest and his beautiful wife. I hardly ever eat out, so three times in a week is pretty amazing.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope you all have a great weekend!