TGIF!! Time to share 5 random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It’s been so hot this week, I stayed inside and cleaned the beginning of the weak, and felt that by Wednesday night, LOL. Thursday I consciously slowed my pace and treated some RA symptoms and by today I’ll be fine. I suspect the humidity coming in hard then leaving also was a factor.
- For a Maggie laugh, she loves to run and jump onto her bed in our room, and slide it into the corner between the wall and the nightstand. She does it intentionally, and has done it two or three times in a row. It’s fun, I guess or that’s how she moves her bed. Well the other morning she ran ahead of me when I heard a thunk. I went into the room, and Maggie was staggering slightly, tilting and shaking her head. Sure enough she’d finally hit the nightstand. She recovered 30 seconds after I got in there, and once I realized she was fine, I laughed. She looked like a confused drunk those fist few seconds, and I don’t think she quite knows what happened. After that, she did a two mile walk, ate breakfast, and acted normally. That very night, she ran and jumped on her bed to make it slide into the corner again. If she does hit the nightstand again, I’ll move the bed. But it was the first time in almost a year of living here so I’m not too worried.
- I’m writing this on Thursday, and tonight we’re going to dinner with my daughter in law and youngest son for my DIL’s birthday. We are so looking forward to that, and I imagine it’ll be a nice night.
- After dinner they coming over our house for cake. I made a gluten free, dairy free cake and because of the dairy free butter, the layers were slipping making the cake lumpy and tilted. It was pretty funny, but with a bit of work, I managed to get it straightened out. My original plan was to put a marbled fondant on it over the layer of buttercream, however I didn’t trust the cake without gluten plus the weaker non dairy icing to be able to support the weight of fondant so I improvised. This is how it turned out: By the way, if anyone is worried about food safety, I washed the silk flowers on the top
- Turbo is coming tomorrow! It should be fun. I’m not sure if his parents were able to get the reservations they wanted at the spa, or if they’ll be here too. Either way is fine, it’ll be a fun and easy day. Today I’m hopefully going to Trader Joes and since I’m not baking anything else, I’ll buy some fun snacks there. I have nothing planned for meals, we’ll just pick something up if my son and daughter in law are here.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours!