TGIF! I really hope Friday is a great day for all of us (my Thursday was exhausting and a little weird.) Okay time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Biker Witch had a birthday! We went to lunch on Tuesday to celebrate which was nice. Probably more for me than her because I dumped a lot of current life stuff on her :-). Seriously guys, she’s a saint for listening to me! But the next day, her daughter, who is currently living out of the country, showed up for a surprised birthday visit. I am thrilled for my sister getting to see her daughter! It’ll be nice if I get a chance to see my niece too, but life’s moving fast at the moment, so we’ll see.
- Wizard’s brother arrives later today (well technically it’s yesterday since you’re reading this on Friday, but I’m writing it on Thursdays). He’s been trying to get here for a while, so we’re glad he’s able to do it. It’s going to be a very quick trip to see another of their brothers and their mom, so it’s not precisely a fun trip. But I’m very glad he’s here, and it’s good for Wizard too. He’s leaving Saturday morning, so it really is a whirlwind.
- There’s been a lot of weirdness this week, but so far, this one stole the show. I was washing sheets and blankets for company. When I went to move the blanket from the washer to the dryer, I couldn’t hope the door. It was jammed and I could only open it maybe a quarter of an inch. I figured out the laundry basket was wedged behind the door somehow. I used a yardstick (anyone remember those??) under the door and with a bit of maneuvering, I was finally able to moved it, and we opened the door. The washer had gone off balance, moved several feet and wedged the laundry basket into the closed door. It was one of the weirdest things I’ve seen. But all worked out. Sometime in the next several days, we’ll get one of our sons over here and to help Wizard reset the legs to balance it.
- Maggie is still waking me over and over at night. Once my brother-in-law leaves, we’re going to try to various things to see what works with her. There’s a solution and we’ll find it once we focus on it. In the meantime, I’m a zombie, but at least my timing for zombiehood is good with Halloween right around the corner
- No idea what will happen this weekend, but we’re getting pretty good at rolling with whatever comes our way!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good weekend!