TGIF!! Let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Because we’re crazy, we moved a couple things around in the office, and ordered a second bookcase We have really done this the hard way. In our defense, we bought it in pieces to see how much storage we would need, and how things would fit. All that said, we really love the office so it’s all good. But it is funny how much time and thought we are putting into it. Once the second bookcase comes today…we should actually put something in them. But then I think about moving stuff out when we do floors next year and get really tired.
- I got a Covid booster shot. I’d put it off because we were so busy and I couldn’t afford a sick day. I finally got the shot, and the only reaction I had was a mildly sore arm. I mean that’s good news, but all that procrastination was for nothing, LOL.
- I have five containers of homemade cookie dough in my refrigerator — which is double batches of 3 kinds of cookies: Chocolate chip, macadamia white chocolate chip, and lemon. I’m using different recipes for the first two because I have some kind of baking dysfunction that makes me keep trying different recipes. The lemon cookies I have made before and I wrote “good” on the recipe so maybe it is — we’ll see. Also after I made all that dough yesterday, I was rethinking my life choices. I mean one batch of each would have been fine, but my brain said: Double the batches and freeze them! It’s the holidays! Frankly my brain needs less coffee and more wine. Heck I don’t even know if I can get a lot of cookies into my new freezer, but I guess we’ll find out! Today I’ll be baking cookies for roughly a 100 hours. Good times.
- I bought a couple inexpensive Christmas decorations including one that reminded me of Maggie. I’ll post a picture below. Maybe this weekend we’ll get our tree and other decorations out. It not, we’ll do it the weekend after Thanksgiving. I’m not buying all the stuff I wanted to get for the front yard this year, but I did get a pretty wreath and a Santa for the front porch for great prices, so I’m happy. Here’s the one that looks like Maggie:
- This weekend, I’d love to run out to Middle Son’s to see their new kitchen, but it might not be feasible. We also need to plan out our Thanksgiving with Middle and his wife, which we’re really looking forward to. I don’t know if I’ll be able to see Turbo, as he and his family are still playing virus roulette. I really feel for them dealing with this! Oh! And I have a toy I need to take over to Youngest’s to give his dog, Phoebe. I didn’t buy Maggie a toy, just Phoebe, LOL! But Maggie doesn’t really care about toys, so she probably forgives me.
That’s my five. Now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!