TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week:
- It rained Wednesday night and it’s supposed tonight and through today. I also wanted to take Maggie to take cookies to her vet and one other person, but we’ll see. I’ll see how the day goes and adjust as needed. Look at me being an easygoing flexible adult!
- I’m done with the general baking that I plan to give away. I have a few more things to do for parties, but that should all be manageable. In another episode of Baking Weirdness: I made thumbprint cookies and the ones I filled with raspberry jam came out as expected. The ones I filled with lemon curd — the curd was absorbed into the cookie. It’s the same curd I used for the same recipe last year, so who knows? It’s just been that kind of year And two fun, new to me, things I made: A version of Thin Mint cookies — I tried one and loved it. And some pretty easy but fun Grinch Cookies that are green. I didn’t try one, but Wizard loved it so I’ll call it a win. I’ll try to get some pictures to post next week.
- A few days ago, I had two baking sheets of cookies in a 375 degree oven, and needed to rotate the pans. That went well…I’m fine, I’ve had a lot worse burns. This one isn’t too painful, and thankfully, it’s not really in my way. This was my fault, I was mad at myself for not measuring the butter correctly, and then I destroyed my shoulder trying to fix it, so I was in pain and not being careful. However the pan didn’t “stick” to my skin, more just brushed against it, so I got off easy with this burn!
- I finally broke down and scheduled a follow-up with the ENT about my throat. The meds haven’t worked yet, but the appointment isn’t until February 5th, so maybe it’ll clear up. This ENT and I don’t mesh well with our communication styles, so I’m going to really attempt to adjust my own style and see how that goes. I’m trying to me a proactive adult
- We have two family parties Saturday and Sunday. I’m looking forward to those!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. And that all of you celebrate the holiday with those you love. Merry Christmas!