Is it just me? Or is anyone else annoyed by the coverage of Michael Jackson? But since we can’t get away from the coverage today, and because I’m hot, tired and unable to think of anything else to blog about, I have two questions about Michael Jackson.
1) Do you think that, in a romance novel, it would be possible to redeem a person with Michael Jackson’s history into a romantic hero? (My answer, I’m not a skilled enough writer to do it, but better writers than me probably could)
2) What’s your favorite Michael Jackson song? (My answer Billie Jean)
Let’s hear your answers!
July 7th, 2009 at 1:58 am · Link
1. Not sure if that’s possible
2. Rock With You
July 7th, 2009 at 4:46 am · Link
1. It should be over soon
2. Man In The Mirror
July 7th, 2009 at 6:18 am · Link
Annoyed with the coverage. The media ALWAYS overblows things ad nauseum.
1) He could never be a hero in a book, though I’m certain many think of him as one.
2) Never bought a MK album. Wasn’t into him. So no faves.
July 7th, 2009 at 7:16 am · Link
Any MJ coverage annoys me. Enough already!
In answer to your other questions:
1) MJ as a hero? You’re making me nauseous!
2) Billie Jean is the only MJ song I can even half-way stand. Stations usually just get changed as soon as any of his songs start.
July 7th, 2009 at 7:19 am · Link
Ack, definitely right there with you on the Jackson thing.
1) With all the bizarre things he did and the horrible things he was accused of, I don’t think he’s heroic at all. It would take a lot of work to make him into a book-worthy hero.
2) I think Rock with You would have to be the song I liked the best.
July 7th, 2009 at 10:11 am · Link
I’ve turned off radio and TV. Yay for iPods! I need to work anyway and listening to them wax poetic about him is…yuck. Anyway…
1. Let me count the ways he would NEVER be a hero… Wait. I don’t have that many fingers.
2. I was in college when the Jackson 5 hit the music scene so no favorite, though the Thriller video was kind of cool.
July 7th, 2009 at 10:40 am · Link
see Dawn’s answer above … with a bit more gusto !
July 7th, 2009 at 10:52 am · Link
Jane, see, you guys are proving my point! This is silly, who are these people so wrapped up in this?
I can’t see MJ as a romance hero either.
ROCK WITH YOU…I’ve got another song in my head and I know that’s not it. It’ll come to me!
July 7th, 2009 at 10:53 am · Link
Dru, I hope you’re right. I told my husband that it should be over after today and he thinks the media coverage will drag on with the kids etc.
MAN IN THE MIRROR is good too.
July 7th, 2009 at 10:54 am · Link
Margaret, your first answer? CLASSY! Just saying! And I couldn’t make him a hero either. But some people just see him differently.
July 7th, 2009 at 10:57 am · Link
Dawn, sorry! I should have passed out Dramamine with this post.
I always did like Billie Jean. But that was before…when MJ was just weird.
July 7th, 2009 at 11:01 am · Link
B.E. this media frenzy is so tiresome! I don’t have the TV on and am ignoring it.
I agree with you on the hero thing. And dang it, I have to find that song, ROCK WITH YOU. It’s just not cliciking. And I’m sure I’ll recognize it instantly and feel stupid!
July 7th, 2009 at 11:04 am · Link
Silver, I can lend uyou some fingers to count, but I’m going to need them back. Typing without fingers is pretty tough!
July 7th, 2009 at 11:05 am · Link
Ban, I’ll get you some Dramaine too
July 7th, 2009 at 12:51 pm · Link
1. No way. He’s too weird.
2. Smooth Criminal
July 7th, 2009 at 4:02 pm · Link
Erika, that’s a good song too.
Yeah, he was weird. Sad too in a lot of ways. Maybe troubled is a better word.
July 7th, 2009 at 4:31 pm · Link
Jen, not sure there’s enough Dramamine in the world.
Silver, I’d offer my fingers as well, but I still don’t think that’d be enough.
I have to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth now. *mixing up Chocolate Thunder (ice cream, chocolate syrup and Bailey’s)* Anyone else want one?
July 7th, 2009 at 5:06 pm · Link
Dawn, me! ME!!! I want one! I’ve never had it. I’m guessing it’s not low calorie, or you know thigh-friendly LOL!
July 7th, 2009 at 5:18 pm · Link
Jen, just wave your magic wand. I know you can make it low-cal Besides, what could be better than ice cream, chocolate and alcohol? It’s the perfect potion!!
July 7th, 2009 at 8:06 pm · Link
Dawn, I just looked at my thighs and something appears to be wrong with my magic wand But your perfect potion sounds worth the calories!