Happy Friday! Another week vanished! All right, time for our Friday Five!
- Wizard is trying to convince me I want a Barbie Dreamhouse for Christmas. I’m not kidding, he’s in the other room watching TV, describing this house to me and exclaiming, “If you saw it, you’d want it!” Really??? I never played with Barbies when I was a kid. My dream gift then was an Easy Bake Oven. So what did the heck did he get me for Christmas that he’s tormenting me like this?
- I don’t hate the beginning of my book anymore! I haven’t gotten as much done on it as I want to, but at least I’m not banging my head on the desk in frustration so that’s a win.
- Wait…Tarak and Christina aren’t the happy couple portrayed on my favorite show FLIP OR FLOP??? I just found out they’ve been separated for 6 months and are heading for divorce. How is this happening? I thought everything I saw on TV was true!! I’m devastated. Okay I’m exaggerating, but dang, I really liked that show and wanted to believe they had a real and sincere love. The romance writer in me is not happy with this mean reality-slap.
- Sunday we’re going to Middle Son and Girlfriends for snacks, desserts and a gift exchange with just our family since Middle Son and Girlfriend will be out of town on Christmas Day. On Saturday I’m going to bake Raspberry Bow Tie Cookies and Sugar Cookie Lemon Tarts to take–both are new to me recipes, so I’ll let you guys know if they turn out decent. I really only need ONE kind of cookie, but I wanted to try both recipes And should I admit that I also made Mocha cookies and froze them to take too? But I have to have a backup plan in case the other two recipes don’t come out, right?
- This is Corky in his happy place. Corky is CPA Boy and Special K’s pup and he loves to swing, can you tell? Corky doesn’t like to be picked up at all–unless Special K is going to put him in the swing. How cute is he?
Your turn to share you Friday Five! I hope you guys have a great weekend!