Friday, January 20th, 2017
Happy Friday Five
Happy Friday! Time for our Friday Five where we all just list five random things that pop into our heads
- So far Wizard is doing pretty good after his back surgery. He’s dealing with the expected amount of pain and we’re having the usual ups and downs, but the good news is his nerve pain (the reason he had to have this surgery) has already improved dramatically.
- I desperately need to write, and hopefully today I can as long as Wizard is doing okay and I get a little sleep. But of course, Wizard is my priority right now and he still needs quite a bit of help to move around.
- Monday is the release of Good, Bad & Sexy. The advance reviews on Goodreads have been good, so yay!
- I saw a draft for the cover for my March re-release of The Sex on the Beach Book Club–love it!
- It’s supposed to rain hard over night and all day today. Then again Sunday and Monday.
Okay your turn to share your Friday Five. Have a great weekend!
January 20th, 2017 at 7:25 am · Link
Yay for Wizard! Fingers crossed he keeps improving (of course he will, he’s the Wizard). I hope you get some writing time in, but I totally understand. Write when you can. Yay for re-releases and new covers! And yay for rain. You really needed some rain, right?
1) I have some seriously ugly birds on my Bird-a-Day calendar today. I’d tell you what they are, but I don’t have my glasses in the office and the writing is really tiny.
2) We could probably really use some rain, too. Not that it’s in the fire danger range, but the lake is still super low. On the other hand, I’m really getting a kick out of exploring places I couldn’t get to when the water was high, so I’m torn.
3) I went fishing on Wednesday, but they weren’t biting, so I spent more time picking up trash and hunting for fishing gear other people might’ve lost amongst the rocks.
4) I’m down to 54 pages left to edit in Natural Causes, which amounts to about 3 pages left of written notes to input and the last chapter to rewrite. I hope to get it done by Monday.
5) I’m also about 3/4 of the way through this really enthralling book I’m reading. I’m not even sure why it’s got me in its grips, but I can’t put it down. Except I have to if I want to get my work done. Arrgghh. Oh, the tribulations of being a writer/reader. (Not giving up the title yet. I will if it ends well. If it doesn’t, I’m sticking it in the ‘never to be mentioned again’ pile.)
January 20th, 2017 at 12:39 pm · Link
Continuing to send healing thoughts to Wiz! Five happy things, huh? I’ve been awake since 3 a.m. This will be an interesting exercise.
1) I had coffee. Lots of it.
2) I’m over halfway through my word count on the Jan. 31 deadline.
3) I figured out my black moment and the heroine’s realization that she’d really done it this time. Now I have to figure out how to redeem her. (Which is totally weird because usually the hero has to grovel! )
4) I’m having breakfast for dinner tonight. I might even make waffles, but probably just bacon, sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns.
5) I got my author copies of REDEEMED BY THE COWGIRL. It may just be my favorite Red Dirt book…
And now, I have 2K words to write before my brain atrophies and demands a nap! Have a great weekend everyone!
January 20th, 2017 at 12:52 pm · Link
B.E., yes we need the rain, so this is a good thing, but the downside is potential mudslides and other rain related disasters.
1)Now I’m thinking about ugly birds (can’t think of many)
2) Exploring sounds like fun so I see why you’re torn.
3) Sorry the fish weren’t biting.
4) Yay on Natural Causes! You’re almost there!
5) As a reader it’s the best experience ever to not be able to put a book down! Right now, I can’t concentrate on fiction, so I’ve been reading a non-fiction. I’m rested enough today that I might be able to read for pleasure tonight.
Have a great weekend!
January 20th, 2017 at 12:56 pm · Link
Silver, thanks on Wizard. It’s a long, slow process to heal from back surgery, but the long term results will be worth it.
1) Boo on insomnia. Coffee is your friend.
2) You’re rockin’ the word count!
3) I love the idea that you have to redeem the heroine! You’ve got this.
4) I vote for waffles too
5) REDEEMED BY THE COWGIRL is on my Must Buy list.
Have a great weekend!
January 20th, 2017 at 3:14 pm · Link
Great news on Wizard. I know recovery can be a drain on you but he seems quite strong and so are you so I’m sure all will be good soon.
I hope you got some rest so you could get some writing time.
1. It’s raining and warm :(. It’s freaking January, I want cold and snow ;).
2. We have a dog digging up something in our woods. Wondering what – time to sends hubs out since this is day two :).
3. Going to have my arm worked on again tomorrow. It’s helping little but dang I wish it would heal 100%.
4. Hubs and I are having our DNA tested. Should be fun. I’m Rhneg so I should have no neanderthal in me.
5. Have to take cat to the vet for his yearly. Hubs and youngest giving me grief about it. They don’t think I should upset him by taking him in. Guess who wins this battle ;)?
Sending more prayers for Wizard and you.
Have a wonderful weekend.
January 21st, 2017 at 9:13 am · Link
Viki, thanks. Yeah it’s exhausting, but the payoff of getting through this will be worth it. And I’m getting some sleep now which helps.
1) Hope you get some snow and cold.
2) The dog digging something up made me think of Stephen King’s book Pet Cemetery. There’s a reason I don’t read him anymore. And sounds like Hubs has a mission.
3) You’ve been fighting this arm for months now. Is it a frozen shoulder? Whatever it is, I hope it heals 100% soon.
4) DNA testing sounds interesting. I should test mine and see if I can find any witch lineage
5) You’ll win! But I’m laughing my butt off at your hubby and son not wanting to upset the cat. Men.
Hope you have a great weekend!