Friday, January 27th, 2017
Happy Friday! The days are all a blur right now, but I think it’s Friday?
- Oldest Son came over Wednesday to help out, and Wizard finally decided he wanted a walker. We went right out and bought him one. He has more freedom and I’m hovering less now that I know he’s has something to keep him from falling if he gets a spasm or shooting pain. He’s getting stronger everyday, and probably won’t need it in a week or so, but it’s well worth it right now.
- Yesterday afternoon, Biker Witch (my sister) and Biker Hubby came over with pizza and boysenberry pie. Wizard loves boysenberry pie! And it was a great break for me too.
- Sales calls on my landline are driving me out of my mind. They call every time Wizard’s asleep. It reminds me of when the kids were babies and I’m like, No!!! Don’t wake the baby! LOLOL! But the real question is why do I still even have this blasted landline?
- I have to go to the eye doctor today. I’m need new contacts and glasses. I do really well in contacts using a monovision system of correcting distance in one eye and near vision in the other. But glasses are a pain with my progressive lenses and I can’t seem to find a prescription that works well. Maybe I’ll hit the jackpot today!
- One day I’ll get back to the gym…that day is not today
Now it’s your turn, what’s your Friday Five? Hope everyone has a great weekend!
January 27th, 2017 at 7:38 am · Link
Good idea getting him a walker. Mine was totally key to getting back to normal. And years later, my dad used it. Yay for pie! Unplug the phone when he’s sleeping. I keep the landline because I hate hate hate talking on the cell, but we unplug the phone when we need to – and everyone we care about knows that if the answering machine doesn’t pick up, we’re sleeping. Good luck at the eye doctor!
1) We have a tiny little bird visiting our suet feeder right now. He’s a ruby-crowned kinglet, and he’s so cute. Every time I see him I smile.
2) I made steak pizzaola the other day using a roast and it turned out really chewy for the most part. I’m pretty sure it was because I put the roast in the sauce while it was still mostly frozen. (The pieces that weren’t frozen were tender and yummy.) I’ll never do that again.
3) Someone got me an Amazon gift card for Christmas, so I’ve been buying new books. But I don’t have much time to read them because I’m using my Kindle for editing. LOL
4) I bought a french-toast scented candle. Every time I light it, I get super hungry. Bad candle.
5) I chatted with the Kid yesterday. She’s doing really well out on her own now. Back taking college courses and excelling at them. Getting lots of hours at work. Happy. =o)
January 27th, 2017 at 10:28 am · Link
LG still uses his walker sometimes (should use it MORE often), but it’s especially helpful at baseball tournaments because Stormageddon can “ride” with Big Daddy.
Phones. We still have a landline because it’s easier to screen calls. Our phones and/or answering machine can be set to mute. Callers still get the answering machine, we can see we have a message, but we aren’t disturbed. I spent so many years being on 24-hour call, it’s really hard to hit mute.
B.E. Tell The Kid we’re all rooting for her and proud. That’s awesome news!
Okay, my Friday Five!
1. The timeline was totally off for my current WIP. I spent a full day fixing it. I’ll have to edit those changes in. I’m within about 4K words of THE END so I should have a few days to edit.
2. My reading slump appears to be over. I received contest books and *have* to read them. So far, so good. But I’ve also downloaded a bunch of new sale or free books that caught my interest.
3. Insomnia is better. When I wake up at 3, I can roll over and go back to sleep instead of lying there for hours.
4. B.E. nudged Iffy this morning and I now have a new character in my stable. He has to wait though. There are a lot of H/h’s in line in front of him. But he loves books, so….
5. It’s Friday. And I didn’t need bail money this week. That’s a win in my book! Okay, on a more “serious” note, we’re finally getting fiber optics for real high-speed internet and we’ll be able to dump the cable company we loathe and go to the competitor’s dark side.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
January 27th, 2017 at 11:50 am · Link
B.E., I should have unplugged the upstairs phone. We had a walker for BLB and got rid of it for some reason. Dumb of us!
Aw on the bird
The Pizzaola sounds like a good way to use left over roast too.
I’m right there with you in buying books I don’t have time to read! I have contest books to read…I’ll get to it.
I’ve had a french toast candle–it always made me want to bake cookies, LOL!
That is AWESOME news on your kid! And really not all that surprising. It takes a little time to figure out life as a young adult. You have every right to be happy and proud!
January 27th, 2017 at 12:01 pm · Link
Silver, oh I need a mute for my answering machine.
You’re almost there on your book! Timelines can be a PIA–glad you got it sorted.
Yay on your reading slump. I have contest books to read, and I will soon.
Good news on Insomnia. It’ll help you focus more in the day as your in the end stretch of the book.
A hero who loves books always rocks! So is a great friend like B.E. to help
Let me know how your fiber optics experience goes. We need to upgrade and keep procrastinating. Happy Friday!
January 27th, 2017 at 4:51 pm · Link
Good for Wizard in going with the walker. You heal so much faster when not in pain.
Nice of Eldest and Biker Witch to help out. Great family :).
We ditched the landline 18 months ago – don’t miss it at all.
How’d the eye appointment go?
The gym can wait until Wizard is doing better and you have some time.
1. Hubs is picking up Lobster Bisque for me for dinner from ZOUP :). I love lobster bisque.
2. It’s snowing :). Not much accumulation but that’s okay. It’s pretty.
3. We’re finally working on the walls of middle son’s old room. Awful ;).
4. Ever order from JET? I just did for the first time. I’ll let you know how they compare to Amazon. I bought groceries.
5. Found a new tea I just love, Bigelow Lemon Ginger Probiotics Herbal tea. It tastes so good. Off to make a cup ;).
Have a great weekend.
January 27th, 2017 at 10:01 pm · Link
Viki, the eye appointment went okay, but my contacts are too strong. I’ll get that adjusted Monday, it’s a easy fix. I decided to hold off on picking out frames from new glasses.
Hope your lobster bisque was delicious. Sounds perfect for a snowy day.
Good luck tackling the walls in middle son’s old room.
I haven’t tried Jett yet, but I’ve looked at the site.
That tea sounds good, I’ll look for it. I like tea sometimes on cold (for us) afternoons.
Hope you have a great weekend too!