Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Happy Friday Five
Okay let’s get right to our Friday Five where we name any five things about our week:
- It’s been six weeks now since Wizard’s back surgery. Time flies! He’s doing well, he really likes physical therapy and works hard. We’re hoping the residual nerve pain–which is normal at this point–continues to improve. Wizard is returning to a many normal activities but he’s being very good about not lifting things he shouldn’t–case in point–he asked me to lift a propane bottle out of the car the other day. I was impressed!
- However later that same day, he fired me from mowing the yard and paid the neighbor’s gardener to do it. I was writing away and didn’t realize what he was doing until the yard was done. Hmm…that was either really considerate or he isn’t impressed with my awesome moving skills.
- Yesterday Wizard made up for that abrupt firing by bringing these home as a surprise from me:
- I went to the gym only once this week. I suck…I don’t mean to suck, but our house cleaners came Wednesday morning, and this morning I have a hair appt. which cuts out my gym time. And Monday morning I have a dental appointment. If I don’t go first thing in the morning, I won’t go…because I suck and eat truffles
- I want to write the book my heroine is writing in my book!! Did you follow that? So in my rock star trilogy, my heroine writes for fun and as a kind of therapy. In this second book, her stories are changing, and now I’m jealous of her book…I really want to write that book! But I also want to write this book..and now I’m confused and must to back to #3
I was going to talk about our weather too but I used up all my 5…oh well Now it’s your turn, what’s your Friday Five? Happy Friday and Have A Great Weekend!
March 3rd, 2017 at 9:59 am · Link
Once you finish this book, write the heroine’s book! What an awesome “extra” for the trilogy. Wiz is awesome in all things and now I want chocolate.
Okay, my five.
1. I am now older than dirt, plus one. LOL LG was in DC, flying in late on the day–midnight. We had Mexican with the kids last night after using LG’s truck to deliver Stormageddon’s new “big boy” bed.
2. I missed my line-edit deadline. I’ll have it finished today. Or else.
3. Celebrating Stormy’s B-day 2-weeks early at the Railway Museum tomorrow afternoon. The kid loves Thomas the Tank Engine and Star Wars.
4. I had daffodils blooming on my birthday. This is a thing. Long story.
5. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and we’re headed to the 60s today. I’ll take it! Hope you missed the bulk of the bad weather!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
March 3rd, 2017 at 3:36 pm · Link
Silver, great now you’ve put an idea in my head, but I’m not giving in on this–too many books to write
1) Happy Birthday! And you’re not old at all! Aww on Stormagedden’s big boy bed. Hope he loves it!
2) Sympathies on missing the deadline, but you’ll get it in today and all will be well.
3) 2!!! He’s really growing up!
4) Yay for daffodils blooming on your birthday–the obviously have a special meaning for you.
5) Enjoy your pre-spring weather! The harsher rains were north of us, so we’re fine. Today is 80ish, and dropping 20 degrees over the weekend. Weird.
Have a great weekend!
March 3rd, 2017 at 4:25 pm · Link
Oh no, you were fired from mowing :). I’d be happy. It’s so good to hear how fast Wizard is healing.
1. Weather guy said last night that we’d get a dusting of snow. Well….7 inches later ;).
2. DIL’s birthday dinner is Saturday downtown. Should be very nice.
3. Step dad is in AZ with his daughter and family. He sends me photos of dirt and mountains and I send him photos of snow :).
4. Looks like my health insurance won’t be too difficult this year since I just continue as is at a lower premium when hubs goes on medicare. Relief.
5. Paid too many super high bills -house ins, umbrella policy and cars ins. Way too much money. Can certainly wait on paying taxes :(.
and a 6th – I’m addicted to watching April :). I wish she’d drop that baby already.
I hope you have a really great weekend!
March 3rd, 2017 at 9:10 pm · Link
Viki, thanks Wizard is getting there in healing! How’s your arm doing?
1) 7 inches is a pretty massive dusting!
2)Hope DIL has a great birthday!
3) I lived in AZ for a few years so I relate to the pictures of dirt, LOL!
4) So glad your health insurance isn’t too bad. We’re going off cobra this year and dreading it.
5) Ugh on the bills! I feel for you.
I could get addicted to watching April too but I just can’t afford the time right now. Hope she has a safe delivery!
Have a great weekend!
March 4th, 2017 at 6:36 am · Link
I can’t believe I missed Friday Five yesterday. I have no idea what I was doing. Oh yeah, routine doctor’s appt. Bleh.
Yay for Wizard’s recovery! LOL about him firing you. Yay for chocolates! Bummer about not making it to the gym. And yes, it makes perfect sense, so when you have time, right that story, too.
1) I got my edits back and started on those.
2) The doctor’s appt was an exercise in frustration, but I got my shot, so ultimately, it’s all good.
3) Got reminded that my editor won’t be available in May, so minor panic ensued, followed by chilling out and schedule shuffling. Also, all good now.
4) There’s a bass tournament being held on my lake right now, which means more traffic on the water where I go for quiet fishing.
5) The whole area around here filled up with smoke yesterday afternoon from a controlled burn down in Arkansas. It’s pretty nasty when they do that, but it makes for an interesting sunset.