Friday, March 17th, 2017
Happy Friday! Okay let’s do our Friday Five.
- Wednesday I saw an adorable shar pei puppy that looked just like this picture. One of the girls at the gym brought him in to show her co-workers. He was adorably wrinkled!
- I picked up my new glasses yesterday. I was going to take a picture…but the day got away from me. I’ll try to get a pic next week. It’s going to take me a day or two to determine if the glasses are the right prescription, or a little too strong. My vision is pretty bad, so bad in fact that Wizard tried them on then got a migraine. I’d like to think it’s a coincidence, but probably not. (FYI, I warned him! He has meds that stop his migraine, and he was fine last night.)
- DEADLINE TERROR, I has it.
- Wizard mowed the lawn for the first time yesterday. He’s doing well in his back surgery recovery. It’s 8 1/2 weeks now.
- I’m reading a boring book. Bleh. The only reason I haven’t given up on it because it puts me to sleep at night, LOL! I can’t afford to get hooked into a good book right now, because of the aforementioned DEADLINE TERROR
That’s my Friday Five. Now it’s your turn to share yours. Have a great weekend!
March 17th, 2017 at 10:05 am · Link
Shar peis ARE adorable. Yay for Wiz! Not for the migraine (ugh) but for mowing. I hear you on the glasses. I need to get checked and new prescription. I’m putting it off because I know their going to recommend catarac surgery on my left eye (ugh-ugh). And now for my five:
1) I hit THE END, got a fast edit job and uploaded that puppy yesterday afternoon for the March 21st release. All in all, I’m pleased with SEAL Moon’s story!
2) LG and I are going to watch high school baseball tonight! YAYAYAY! Baseball Boy’s team is playing in a tournament at the Triple A stadium downtown.
3) I think it is finally safe to turn off the heater and leave the windows open. This makes me very happy!
4) I’m planning my next project–probably a Nightrider book that’s about half written, if in very rough draft. Next week. I have to catch up on RWA stuff this weekend.
5) I read a “fun” book this week–Joanna Wylde’s SHADE’S LADY (in the 1001 Dark Nights series). I’ve missed her Reapers MC and Shade is all dark-n-dirty awesomeness! LOL It was too short. And now I’m searching for something that will entertain me as much. May have to give up and reread something.
Have a great weekend, everyone! And Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
March 17th, 2017 at 3:15 pm · Link
What a cutie! Hope the glasses are right for you. Yikes – Dead lines. Good job Wizard! I like your sleep meds ;).
1. PeeWee went to the dr. again today. Still on meds but a lower does.
2. His parents are at Wizard World Cleveland selling son’s artwork. Man he’s good. Hubs is going to go watch PeeWee for a couple hours.
3. Have the corned beef cooking all day.
4. Arm is killing me. Too much house work and vegetable chopping. I need huge quantities of wine.
5. Having coffee with my girlfriend tomorrow. Have I mentioned that hubs thinks he’s one of the girls and crashes every time we get together. I’ve told him I don’t go to the bar with and his buddies so back off. Does he? No ;).
Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day and a great weekend!
March 17th, 2017 at 6:23 pm · Link
Silver, that little puppy really was too cute for words! I feel for you on cataract surgery, but if you need it, well you have to be able to see.
1) You rock on getting to the end and all the production and uploading done!
2) Have fun at the game.
3) **EDITED** I realized I mixed up your #3 and Viki’s #3. I blame Deadline Brain. My corrected response is: Enjoy the nicer weather now that you can turn off the heater and open the windows!
4) Sounds like a fun book to come.
5) I need to go snag that book, but I don’t trust myself not to read it until I’m finished with this book.
Have a great weekend!
March 17th, 2017 at 6:33 pm · Link
Viki, I’m trying to focus and not panic on the deadline. Life is just full of curveballs and we have to go with them
1) Poor PeeWee! I hope he keeps improving. Lowering the meds dosage sounds like he is going in the right direction. I feel for the little guy
2) Your son is doing so well! And yay for PeeWee getting spoiled and cared for by your hubby.
3) Shoot, I just realized you’re the one who has corned beef cooking all day, not Silver. I’ll edit my response to Silver and hope you enjoy the corned beef! I haven’t had it in years.
4) Your arm doesn’t seem to be healing. Do you need surgery? Or does it just take a long time? I”m so sorry!
5) Men sometimes just don’t get that we need that time with our friends. I hope you convince him. I get it! Wizard is very comfortable around me and my friends like that, but he’s pretty good about giving me space too.
Hope you have a good weekend, and both your arm and PeeWee feel better.