It’s that time again to list our five random things about our week!
- I’ve hit the wall last night. I came home from the NINC conference energized, but life is running fast and hard this week and not letting me catch my breath or concentrate on writing. Today, I have an early morning appointment then I’m getting back to writing!
- We met three potential foster dogs on Wednesday. Our first choice is a sweet little chihuahua mix (she’s a little bigger than an average chihuahua, curious and submissive with new people), and if all goes well, we’ll pick her up next week. Right now, her name is Nana but I just can’t call her by that name as it’s what my kids call Wizard’s mom. So I’m going to ask if I can change her name to Maggie–she looks like a Maggie. Although I’d be happy with almost any other name besides Nana. I didn’t take pictures like I should have because I really wanted to focus on the dogs not photo ops :-). If by chance she’s adopted over the weekend, then we’ll probably take the second choice, an eight year old laid back Pomeranian named Larry. He came across as a pretty mellow guy. We also met a scared little terrier that really tugged on both Wizard and my hearts. This dog has been seriously neglected or abused and afraid to let anyone touch him. It’s heartbreaking. I hate anyone who intentionally abuses an animal that way. I want everyone to be assured though, the shelter staff really care about this little dog. They have him in a kennel with two little friends that he loves to play with, and they have a trainer coming in to see if he can work with him. We’re keeping the little terrier in mind, but we don’t want to take him out of the place he feels safe unless we’re reasonably confident we can help him. And for sure, I’ll take pictures when we pick up our foster pup!
- We had a sudden death in our extended family this week It’s always sad, and I wish I could spare my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nieces the pain of losing a beloved father and grandfather, but unfortunately, I can’t. I hate when people we love hurt, but all we can do is be there for them.
- In good news, we’re going to a birthday party for my daughter-in-law, Special K, this weekend. That’s the reason I put off picking up our foster pup until next week–I didn’t want to leave her a really long stretch of time the first few days home. I can’t wait to see how Special K is showing in her pregnancy, and I’ll get to see Middle Son’s fiance’s ring in person Middle Son is very proud of choosing that ring (and I’m proud of him for choosing a great girl!).
- I’m so sluggish from poor eating and lack of exercise, but I can do small things to change that. Getting a foster pup will help me get more active too. It’s a win-win!
Okay that’s my Friday Five. Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five.