Friday, October 20th, 2017
It’s like I should have this on repeat–where does the time go? This was another supersonic week! I can’t even keep up this crazy year. Let’s do our Friday Five:
- Yesterday Wizard was gone, and Maggie and I did a little work. Well one of us worked and one of us did this…
- Maggie’s back to complaining for a while when she goes into her kennel for the night. She appears safe and fine, so we’re trying a few different things to help her adjust but otherwise we’re ignoring it and she eventually goes to sleep. Trust me, the dog is very smart, and not above trying to get her way in some things. Overall though she’s a really good girl. I’m taking her on one to two miles walks and she’s just trots along at my side. So far, she hasn’t had any accidents, doesn’t chew on the wrong things and tries hard to please us.
- I’m going to ask everyone to bear with me. Things are going to get a little worse with me health wise as I switch doctors over the next month and try to get all the meds and specialist changed, then I expect it to get better. But I want you all to know that I’m working on Savaged Devotion and will get back up to speed soon.
- For a while I wasn’t really reading books due to the distractions of life, plus I was using audio books to drown out the ringing in my ears. But…I started one of Laurann Dohner’s News Species series that I really enjoy and I’m hooked. Oddly enough…that’s helping me streamline my plot on SAVAGED DEVOTION. These two books aren’t anything alike, but reading other people’s work just tends to help me step out of my own way I think
- This weekend will be low-key I hope. Another family member is ill, so we’re a little concerned about that. Otherwise, we may have a visitor or two to see Maggie and I’ll work as much as I can. Monday will be long as we’re going to a funeral that’s quite a distance away.
Okay that’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
October 20th, 2017 at 7:17 am · Link
You do whatever you have to do to feel better and don’t worry about us. We can wait for the next book if it means you’re taking care of yourself. I don’t know anything about crate training. All my pets have always been free-range in the house. My dogs always slept by my bed (or on my bed if they got scared or I did) and wandered the house otherwise. :shrug:
1) Still not writing. The stall has turned into writers’ block. Meh.
2) I finished reading a book yesterday that would’ve been so much better if the author had left off the entire last chapter. She spent the end explaining to readers what it all meant, which was totally different from what I got out of the book, and kind of bummed me out when I had been inspired. (It was from 1944 and she’s long since passed, otherwise I wouldn’t be talking about it.)
3) I hate leaving negative reviews – even when the author is dead.
4) Yesterday, Hubs washed my car. Out of the blue. No reason, he just felt like it. Now I need to do the inside because yuck.
5) Straightening out the learning curve on this work thing I’m doing. I’m hoping to get it streamlined down the road eventually, but right now, it’s kind of a whole lot of information all at once in a big tangle.
October 20th, 2017 at 7:59 am · Link
Like B.E. said–YOUR health and welfare ALWAYS comes first! Hang in there. Smart dogs do push the envelope. Stick by your guns with Maggie. Sending good thoughts your way for both family health and condolences. **HUGS** Okay, my five.
1. Roman’s ducks are finally paddling into a row. I know I said I’d hoped to finish the darn thing last weekend and that didn’t happen. THIS weekend!
2. I’m trying to get the feral cats to start coming in the morning for food so the nocturnal critters don’t hang around and annoy the dogs. For some reason, they ignore the cats but let a possum or skunk hit the front porch? Such ferocisty!
3. I’ve been listening to Jayne Castle’s Harmony series from start to finish. I’m on the 3rd from the last book, which kinda makes me sad. That said, it’s been fun to watch her evolve as a writer–both within the world and characters but also her storytelling. If someone as prolific and talented as she is grows in strength during a long series, there’s hope for me.
4. I’ve got to hit Wallyworld early today. As soon as I finish here, time to put on real clothes and head out. I’m almost out of soy milk and today is going to be a LlloonnngggG coffee day.
5. I have an urge to go back and reread all of my books. Every time I open one to check a continuity fact.
Have a good weekend, everyone!
October 20th, 2017 at 6:22 pm · Link
B.E., Today was crazy, but I’m finally here to catch up on comments. I don’t mind a dog sleeping by or on my bed, but I’m up and often switching rooms at night so I don’t bug Wizard, and don’t want to confuse her. We’ll see how it goes
1) I hit a block like that on every book, so I’m not much help. Conventional wisdom is to keep writing anyway. But I tend to make it a worse mess to untangle that way.
2) Since the book was from 1944 that might explain the needless chapter. But I’ve read books like that so I know exactly what you mean.
3) We know what those negative reviews feel like. Although this author probably isn’t going to mind
4) Your hubs is awesome!
5) You’ll get it all sorted out, but it’s a big new undertaking for you.
Have a great weekend!
October 20th, 2017 at 6:30 pm · Link
Silver, thanks that means a lot. I think I’m more tired of dealing with the one dr office than everything else. his change should help, although it’ll take time to figure out the new relationship.
We’re sticking to our guns. Wizard sleeps and I’m trying to just ignore it. I’ll sleep soon too. Maggie is safe and comfortable in her kennel even if it’s not where she wants to be.
Now onto your five:
1) Books, like babies, are born when they’re ready. You’ll get it done! I’m glad Roman’s ducks have all lined up.
2) Really the dogs ignore the cats? Interesting. I admit, I snickered a little at the idea of getting feral cats to follow your schedule. On the other hand, if anyone can convince them, I’d put my money on you.
3) Okay now I want to go check out Jayne Castle (she also writes as Amanda Quick right??) Harmony series in audio. Trying to resist the temptation!
4) Hope you got your soy milk to keep the coffee flowing!
5) Even after re-reading I still need to check timeline and various facts on my books. I’m thankful for the search function in word docs!
Enjoy your weekend and hope Roman’s book gets done!