Time to list five random things about our week!
- Maggie LOVES my sister! Biker Witch came over yesterday to hang out and go to lunch. Maggie was all excited, played with her, and basked in a ridiculous amount of attention. She was so sad when Biker Witch left, I had to take her for a walk to distract her. I think it’s the first time that Biker Witch was here alone and could have Maggie all to herself.
- Wizard and I met his brother, who is herr from out of state for our niece’s wedding last weekend, for dinner. We had a good time. The only downside is we live 50 miles away from most of our family, so it’s always a time-consuming to do these things. On the other hand, we’re grateful to have family to visit, so we can’t complain too much.
- I keep waiting for life to slow down. But then again, being busy is better than being bored.
- This is one of Maggie’s many expression. In this shot, I have her on sit-stay on one of our walks. Wizard and I worked pretty diligently to reinforce this one command over others for safety. She’s pretty good about stopping and sitting when whenever we give her the “sit” or “stop” command. It keeps her from pulling me when we’re on uneven slopes, slippery rocks or steep stairs like this set I posted on my FB page: It also allows me to put her in a sit when trucks and offroad vehicles come by, and keep her safe at my side. Someone riding an ATV or motorcycle might not see her closer to the ground, but the almost always see me. If I have her sitting by my leg, then she’s safe. While she can heel, I’m not as big a stickler about that as the sit or stop command.
- We had an earthquake Thursday morning at 2.10 a.m. Of course it’s the one night I was actually sleeping, LOL. But it wasn’t strong enough to do any damage, so I’ll take lost sleep over a huge quake.
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share yours! Hope you all have a great weekend!