I’ve been bad this week. I’ve now racked up one Blog-Tardry on Monday (that one I have an excuse for since my website was down when I tried to post), and one Blog-Absent on Wednesday (totally unexcused, I just blanked). But I’m here on Friday! So lets cover five random things about our weeks!
- I’m judging the RWA RITA Contest again this year, and I’ve read four of my seven entries. And you know what? Three have been good, and one readable just not my thing (but I can fairly judge it). After two years in a row of getting less than stellar entries, this year has been a pleasure so far.
- I joined Weight Watchers. Yeah…who else wishes they were me???? LOLOL!! I just want to get rid of a few pounds, and I like WW as it forces me to be more aware of what I’m eating. But still….kind of sucks to be me, right? No worries, though, I scrimp and save points to have wine with Wizard while we cook. I mean let’s not get crazy here.
- Speaking of wine, Wizard just brought me a glass while I’m writing this blog, and said, “Poor Maggie is hungry. How long do I have to wait until I feed her?” I laughed, because the dog is playing him by simply sitting there and looking sad with her big brown eyes. But I said, “You can feed her whenever you want.” Then when he was walking away, I fake-coughed the word, “Wuss!” He snort-laughed.
- Two doctor appointments this week sucked up way too much time. Both were good appointments. My new GP is on top of everything. I don’t need a neurosurgeon consult yet, I do need a hearing test due to the tinnitus (ear ringing), and my RA is pretty stable. Yay. And the pain specialist is encouraged with the minimal but important improvement, and we’ve scheduled another epidural procedure on March first. That will be followed up by trigger point shots two weeks after that, then we’ll re-evaluate. It’s a relief to be getting some help here. It’s not magic but it’s very hopeful.
- I’m writing again, it’s slow, and I’m still working on developing ways to write without pain, but happy to be making progress!
That’s my week, now I’d really love to hear five random things about your week! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
P.S. Wizard gave in and is feeding Maggie now
February 2nd, 2018 at 7:32 am · Link
Heh. Maggie’s got him trained. As for the blogging, I’ve been a bad commenter, so it’s all good. At some point, life will even out and go back to normal. I hope WW helps. Yay for good things to read and good doctor’s appointments! And always Yay for writing!
1) Got the one book off to the editor and the other book back from the editor. Just thinking about it all makes me tired, but I’m committed to putting out four books this year. (And I might need to be committed afterwards. LOL)
2) I managed to find flannel sheets on clearance for only $19. I also bought new pillows. New sheets and new pillows. :happy sigh: I am thinking these are the reason I actually got a good night’s sleep last night. Yay.
3) As a result of a rare good night’s sleep, I attempted to joke around with Hubs first thing. It fell flat. I think I caught him off guard. After coffee, he got it and laughed.
4) After four and a half years of going to the same store to buy smokes, they treat me like Norm at Cheers. It’s all like ‘Beth! Hey!’ Which is nice. Although, I’m not sure everybody knows my name, so it’s more like “It’s that writer chick! Hey!”
5) It’s Tax Day. I spent a couple hours last night organizing my receipts and now it’s time to actually do the deed. But later. After copious amounts of coffee.
February 2nd, 2018 at 9:19 am · Link
Dogs! And cats, to be fair. Adidas has LG trained. Yay on the hopeful medical news. I need to move boxes so I can get to the gazelle and start on it again. Like…today. My RITAs? Yeah, not so much. Okay, my five.
1) We got U-Verse TV and like it. A lot. And the upgraded internet speed. And save money in the process. LG spent a long time at the Cox store turning in the boxes because they ganged up to convince him to stay with Cox. Yeah, right. *snort*
2) Writing is going. Slowly, but it goes. I will conquer both current projects. Soon. I am about 1/3 way through the April KW release.
3) My “Beyond the Arched Brow” class on body language was picked for RWA Nationals in Denver, provided I change it to fit into a new format they’re trying. I agreed. It’ll be interesting.
4) I finally took the time to weed out some emails that had stacked up. Got rid of almost 100. Only 230 to go. And yes, I was procrastinating.
5) I’m reading DARK IN DEATH. Well, not reading–listening. There’s a scene where Eve–who is not an animal person but for the fat cat that once saved her life–walks into a vet’s office and a huge slobbery dog “attacks” her with love and kisses. Best scene I’ve read in awhile. I kept laughing and then made LG listen to it. He caught the reason I was laughing but not the backstory. It was a thing. Others mileage may vary.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
February 2nd, 2018 at 12:30 pm · Link
B.E., Maggie sure does have Wizard, (and me!!) trained, LOL! Now on to your five:
1) You can do four books! It will increase your visibility, but the work in pretty overwhelming, so give yourself permission to step back if you need to.
2) I love news sheets and pillows! My last ones however weren’t good choices. But glad you found the perfect ones for you!
3) Your hubby’s delayed reaction is pretty funny
4) Everyone needs their “Cheers” moment.
5) Good luck on taxes! I organize mine and dump it on Wizard. Being married to an accountant (and having a CPA son and Tax Accountant son) has it’s perks. But I feel for you having to do it.
I hope you have a great weekend, and take time for yourself in between all your editing and tax work. Oh and Congrats on getting the book off to the editor!
February 2nd, 2018 at 12:43 pm · Link
Silver, ugh on the RITA entries. It’s random and I just got lucky this year. Last two years were a struggle. I’m sorry you got the less than stellar batch this year. And yep, cats do the same thing in training their humans as dogs Now for your five:
1) Awesome that U-verse is working so well for you! LOL on Cox
2) Slow seems to be a lot of writer’s struggle lately. You’re a fast writer though so I suspect your speed will pick up in the second half of the book. And all progress counts!
3) That’s fabulous news that you’re class has been picked up for National! I wish I was going Right now, I think we have other commitments this summer that limit my funds to go to conference. You’ll do great!
4) Wow on your emails!
5) I love those surprise laughs in books! I was looking at the book in audio, but opted for an older Linda Howard. Hmm, maybe I’ll pick it up, I have a credit waiting for me.
Have a great weekend!
February 2nd, 2018 at 4:05 pm · Link
1. Happy to hear you have some good reads to judge this year.
2. I wish you great success with WW.
3. Wine – yes :). Love that Maggie has Wizard wrapped around her paw.
4. Sure hope the audiologist can get rid of the tinnitus. Sounds like you and your docs have set up a nice plan of attack for arm/shoulder.
5. Yes, writing. But take it slow.
1a. The weather guy said no one got more than 2 1/2 inches of snow Tuesday early morning. Wonder what that 8+ inches of white stuff at my house was ;)?
2a. Harrison’s mom has a cold. She’s all upset he has it too. She called the doc and was told he doesn’t have a cold, he’s a normal baby :)>
3a. Going to bake some Swai (fish) tonight. Hope it turns out good. I’m really in no mood to cook ;).
4a. Youngest got up early to snow blow. When he came down stairs he asked me to write him a note to get out of work because he was tired. We both laughed. While he was out I sent him a text asking that he be excused from work. Big laughs.
5a. The RA in my thumbs has been really bad lately. Do you think this constant up and down weather is contributing to the discomfort?
Have a great weekend!
February 2nd, 2018 at 9:35 pm · Link
Viki, the audiologist is just to see if I’m losing my hearing, which is the most common reason for Tinnitus (like Eric Clapton). Or it might be connected to the nerve problems in my neck, or both. One step at a time Now for your five:
1) Wow on your weather guy! Boy was he wrong about no one getting more than 2 1/2 inches of snow.
2) Harrison’s mom sounds like a good mom dealing with a pretty significant case of First Baby Syndrome I was just told today I have to get a booster of one of my shots to care my new grandbaby. Since the shot covers Whooping Cough, I’m happy to do it and think it’s reasonable, but well, new parents
3) I hope you enjoyed your fish. I wasn’t in the mood to cook, but we had leftover chicken so it was pretty easy. Still a lot of dishes though.
4) First off, you son’s awesome for getting up to do it, and I laughed at the idea of you writinge him an excuse. I think there’re are parents who just might…LOL!
5) Ouch on your thumb, and yep, I think the weather is very likely aggravating it. RA hates extreme cold and humid heat. i’m sure you know this, but alternating hot and cold packs, alone with ibuprofen or NSAID’s might help reduce the joint swelling a little. I’ve also had cortisone shots right into my finger joint, and it did wonders if you’re willing to do it. I hope you feel better!
Have a great weekend!