I’ve been bad this week. I’ve now racked up one Blog-Tardry on Monday (that one I have an excuse for since my website was down when I tried to post), and one Blog-Absent on Wednesday (totally unexcused, I just blanked). But I’m here on Friday! So lets cover five random things about our weeks!
- I’m judging the RWA RITA Contest again this year, and I’ve read four of my seven entries. And you know what? Three have been good, and one readable just not my thing (but I can fairly judge it). After two years in a row of getting less than stellar entries, this year has been a pleasure so far.
- I joined Weight Watchers. Yeah…who else wishes they were me???? LOLOL!! I just want to get rid of a few pounds, and I like WW as it forces me to be more aware of what I’m eating. But still….kind of sucks to be me, right? No worries, though, I scrimp and save points to have wine with Wizard while we cook. I mean let’s not get crazy here.
- Speaking of wine, Wizard just brought me a glass while I’m writing this blog, and said, “Poor Maggie is hungry. How long do I have to wait until I feed her?” I laughed, because the dog is playing him by simply sitting there and looking sad with her big brown eyes. But I said, “You can feed her whenever you want.” Then when he was walking away, I fake-coughed the word, “Wuss!” He snort-laughed.
- Two doctor appointments this week sucked up way too much time. Both were good appointments. My new GP is on top of everything. I don’t need a neurosurgeon consult yet, I do need a hearing test due to the tinnitus (ear ringing), and my RA is pretty stable. Yay. And the pain specialist is encouraged with the minimal but important improvement, and we’ve scheduled another epidural procedure on March first. That will be followed up by trigger point shots two weeks after that, then we’ll re-evaluate. It’s a relief to be getting some help here. It’s not magic but it’s very hopeful.
- I’m writing again, it’s slow, and I’m still working on developing ways to write without pain, but happy to be making progress!
That’s my week, now I’d really love to hear five random things about your week! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
P.S. Wizard gave in and is feeding Maggie now