Friday, February 23rd, 2018
Happy Friday! Let’s get to sharing five things about our week.
- I had a good writing day yesterday, and I want more, more, more of them! I’m greedy that way!
- It’s COLD here for So. Cal. But much more in line with what February should be like. It’s better than the 80’s and 90’s we’ve had for weeks. I especially love the cold when I sleep!
- Maggie is not a fan of the cold, and she doesn’t get under her covers in her kennel. Instead, she creates a nest with the sides of the blanket raised up around her and I assume she stays warm that way. (Oh! And Maggie runs into her kennel on her own every night when I get up to go to bed. She sits there and waits for me to give her her nighttime treat and close the door. She never makes a peep until I let her out in the morning. Patience and consistency really pays off!)
- I’m sticking pretty close to my Weight Watchers points plan (except for a planned 24 hour period I took off from it last weekend), but dang, it’s hard. I’m on the new freestyle program and pretty much hate it. There’s a few good things, and a whole lot of gimmick to it. On the other hand, my goal is only 10 pounds and I’m close to halfway there. This is just about feeling more comfortable in my clothes.
- I haven’t been to the gym since before we got Maggie. My shoulder was too bad then, and now I spend between 30 to 90 minutes a day walking Maggie, and feel myself steadily getting better and stronger so I’m not excited to go back to the gym right now.
It’s obviously been a pretty quiet week here, and I’ve loved it
So that’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
February 23rd, 2018 at 6:54 am · Link
Woohoo for your writing! Be greedy. Yay for your cooler weather, even if poor Maggie has to wrap herself up in her blankies. She’s such a good girl! Way to go on the halfway there! Eh, if you can find ways to exercise on your own, you don’t really need a gym, so save money on the membership.
1) Despite some major derailing events last week, I did get Blink published. However, I did not get any advertising in place, so I’m playing catch up. Eh, it is what it is. The important part is it’s out there in the world now.
2) We’ve been having roller coaster weather – 68 one day, 28 the next. Sunny then icy. And all sorts of wind. I’m ready for February to be over.
3) I need to make no-bake cookies today. No reason, it’s just a need.
4) I finally have some time to read, so I’m making headway on Shogun again. The hope is to have this finished by Monday when Early Grave comes back from the editor. Only 500 pages left to read. LOL
5) After a poor start to the year with regard to eating habits and activity levels, I’m trying to get back on track. Writing, editing, publishing, etc. combined with winter have not been kind to my goals.
February 23rd, 2018 at 10:31 am · Link
Be greedy because good writing days rock! Our weather is a precursor to B.E.’s But we needed the moisture so even the ice and sleet was welcome–since I didn’t have to be out in it. Maggie is such a good girl! So…my five.
1) I made headway this week but not nearly as much as I wanted. The words are dragging their feet. At least I’m to the action part now so hopefully, things will speed up.
2) Spring training games start today! YAYAYAYAYAY! Cards at noon. Televised. I <3 AT&T U-verse.
3) I made enough headway on my office declutter than I can get to the gazelle and I've actually been on it a couple of times. Weather is playing havoc with my knee and I'm so out of shape I'm having to do it in small increments, but at least I'm out of my chair once in awhile.
4) I finished B.E.'s new release BLINK OF AN I. It's awesome! Loved the story. Now I'm back to something of a reading slump. Ah well.
5) I need to get out and run errands this morning before the rain moves back in. LG flys to DC tomorrow for five days and I have to pick up stuffs he needs. I should get on that.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
February 23rd, 2018 at 4:33 pm · Link
1. :)! on writing. Hope you had another good day.
2. Love the cold. It’s great for your hikes too.
3. Maggie is such an amazing pup. Being with you and Wizard – she has really made it :).
4. I’ve never done WW but I think it’s fantastic that you’re able to work around things so it works for you.
5. Don’t push it at the gym. (Does not look in mirror after typing that ;)).
1a. Stitches removed and replaced with stri-strips. Still limited activity. Can’t wait to be back to normal.
2a. DIL went back to work today and I was her first client. Boy does my hair look good :).
3a. Hubs is having a great time with Harrison. Today was his first official Manny Day :).
4a. Having dinner tomorrow with middle son and soon to be DIL. Really looking forward to seeing them.
5a. Must get hubs to vacuum tomorrow. I think things are growing on the carpet .
Have a wonderful weekend!
February 23rd, 2018 at 10:00 pm · Link
B.E., I’m hoping to keep writing like this. I only had about 90 minutes to work on Friday, but I made progress! Maggie is obviously my girl
1) Congrats on getting BLINK OF AN I published! I just bought it!
2) I hope you guys get some nice steady weather soon!
3) Mmmm Cookies! I’m on a downhill slide…I’m weak.
4) Oh wow, I think I read Shogun a million and two years ago, and not anxious to read it again. Tell me what you think when you’re finished!
5) If you guys get some milder weather, you can take more outdoor breaks. It’s just harder when it’s so freaking cold!
Have a great weekend and congrats again on your new book! I’m looking forward to reading it!
February 23rd, 2018 at 10:06 pm · Link
Silver, I’m with you on the good writing days (and Maggie, LOL)!
1) Hope the action scenes break things open for you on the books. The words-dragging-their-feet-syndrome sucks!
2) Enjoy Spring Training via your new AT&T U-verse.
3) Yay on the declutter success gazelle! A few minutes at a time is a perfect. I’m so sorry for your sore knees.
4) I just bought B.E’s new book!
5) Hopefully you can get a lot done while LG is in DC, but I’m sure you’ll miss him too.
Hope you have a great weekend!
February 23rd, 2018 at 10:11 pm · Link
Viki, I’m not doing as well as I’d like on WW, but I’m very happy with my walking and feeling stronger lately. And Maggie is my princess
1) I’m glad your stitches are out, but doesn’t it seem to take forever to heal? But try to wait until the doctor clears you. I know you’re tempted!
2) Awesome to have your DIL stylist back! I’m positive you look amazing!
3) Harrison is a lucky baby to have Grandpa as his Manny!
4) You’ll have a great time with Middles Son and girlfriend! Are you cooking?
5) YES!! I hope you can get hubs to vacuum for you. It’ll pull your back AND make your arm/shoulder hurt too much.
Have a great weekend!
February 24th, 2018 at 3:37 pm · Link
Jenn – I went to the store this morning and when I came in I noticed that the family room carpet had been vacuumed so I thanked the hubs. He says, “it’s not good. I broke your DYSON.” I look at him like he’s kidding but I can’t find the vacuum. He has it in the foyer and it is in fact broken. How he snapped off the lever that allows you to remove the canister he has no idea. I spend the next 1/2 hour on the phone with DYSON. My warranty expires in a little over a month, so I lucked out. They’re sending an new inner canister. Men are unreal!
Hope you’re having a good weekend.
February 25th, 2018 at 1:44 pm · Link
Viki, wow, I’m amazed your hubby broke your Dyson too. Big kudos to him for vaccuminging though. So glad the warranty covered it.
We still can’t use my beloved Dyson on this carpet. It’s too thick and the Dyson suction is too much for it. i’m keeping it though, I love that machine and use it for other stuff, and for my next house
Weather is nice here, hope you have/had a good weekend!