Friday, May 4th, 2018
TGIF Again! Okay time for some randomness! I’ll list five random things about my week, and then it’s your turn to do the same
- On Wednesday, it was so cold I had long sleeves and a jacket on to walk Maggie. On Thursday, it was so hot, I wore shorts and a tank for our afternoon walk. And by dinner time, both Wizard and I had sinus headaches…because the weather is psychotic.
- We had a scheduled power outage from 2am to 5am Thursday morning. Both Wizard and I woke up the second the power went off and didn’t sleep. There’s no logical reason for this, but our brains both decided we should be awake and so we were.
- I made tacos last night for dinner, and I fried Wizard’s taco shells the way he likes them even though they are good for him. Bad Jen. But how can I say no when I know he loves them fried??
- Maggie doesn’t have a watch, but she knows when it’s time for her morning walk around 8am, and her afternoon walk around 3pm. She’s sits and stares at me if I’m working.
- And…Wizard’s eyes surgery appears to have worked this time! And both he and his surgeon are happy. I’m so happy for him.
That’s my randomness, now it’s time to share yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend.
P.S., I get to see Baby Slayer this weekend!
May 4th, 2018 at 7:31 am · Link
Yay for Baby Slayer, Maggie, and Wizard! Boo for power outages and sinus things and wonky weather.
1) I am totally brainless today. Brain free. Cannot brain.
2) The coffee ain’t helping.
3) I have a stupid female cardinal who is obsessed with the back window. She keeps flying at it – not hard enough to hurt herself but just disconcerting behavior. There’s no purpose to it that we can figure out. She be crazy.
4) I have a sinking suspicion that bird is my spirit animal.
5) Not really.
May 4th, 2018 at 8:13 am · Link
Dogs always know. Scheduled power outage? Yikes. I’d be awake too. Mother Nature is definitely bipolar this year! Yay for Wiz’s eye fix and I’ve discovered tortilla “boats.” Not fried but good.
B.E., you made me snort coffee. Shame on you!
Okay randomness. I can do this. No, really, I can.
1) I was featured yesterday on the Harlequin blog as part of their Author Backstory campaign. There’s a video and everything.
2) It appeared on the anniversary of the first F5 tornado with the highest winds ever recorded, and during the search and rescue part I served as resource officer at the command post of one of the worst hit areas. Which is mentioned in the video.
3) I listened to a Gothic novel, THE BROKEN GIRLS. It was amazeballs.
4) I need more coffee before I get back to Digger and Shy.
5) Happy Star Wars Day! Metaphors Be With You!
May 4th, 2018 at 11:51 am · Link
B.E., I can’t wait to see Baby Slayer!! Ok, for your five:
1) You made me think of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. you need a brain!
2) Oh noes!! Coffee is brain fuel, it shouldn’t fail! What would Scarecrow do??? (Sorry, I’m just…random today!)
3) Crazy Cardinal!
4) Spirit Animal….
5) You’ve totally cracked me up today! Happy Friday! Hope you have a great weekend.
May 4th, 2018 at 12:01 pm · Link
Silver, the power outage was for the electric company to do some maintenance on their equipment. They alerted us. I hate it but I understand the necessity. Now for you:
1 & 2) LINK PLEASE!!! I’ll try to find it myself, but if you have a moment to post the link to your video, that would be awesome! Also, the work you did helping with that disaster is more than awesome, it’s what keeps my faith in humanity.
3) I’m must go look at that novel! I’m not huge on Gothic, but I’ll try it.
5) I do so love Metaphors!
Have a great weekend!
May 4th, 2018 at 2:34 pm · Link
1. Sorry about your weather giving you sinus problems :(.
2. That’s strange you both waking up for the power outage.
3. You’re a good wif (that’s how my middle on said wife as a little guy).
4. Maggie is very smart.
5. I am so happy Wizard’s doing so well :).
1. Hot and super windy here. The humidity has gone up too :(.
2. Off to get my knife sharpened. I use my chef’s knife every day and it’s edge is gone.
3. Got up yesterday and the TV was all screwed up and I had to reboot both systems. Took 25 minutes to get it up and going.
4. Wind just knocked out the power. Hubs needs me to reboot the cable.
5. Super tired today – must be the heat. I think I’m turning on the air ;).
Have a great weekend and have fun with baby slayer.
May 4th, 2018 at 5:14 pm · Link
Viki, thanks I’m happy about Wizard too! Now for your five:
1) It’s hot and mildly windy here, but it’s not humid. Sorry you’re getting hit with that.
2) I need to get a knife I love sharpened too, but haven’t found a good place to do it.
3 & 4) I hate rebooting the systems, but yours sounds like it’s more involved them ours (we have dish TV and cable internet). Hope they stay online!
5) It probably is the heat + humidity getting to you. Hope the air is running and you’re getting some down time!
Have a great weekend!
May 6th, 2018 at 9:06 am · Link
Jen, hope you found the link, (it was on my blog, and both FB pages) but if you got busy like I did this weekend, no worries. Here it is: https://harlequinblog.com/2018/05/author-backstory-silver-james/
May 7th, 2018 at 1:31 pm · Link
Silver, I had a tornado weekend (mostly good!) and finally got to see this today. You’ve accomplished so much in your life, and have so much more to do!! Congrats! You truly inspire me