TGIF! Now let’s get to sharing five random things about our week.
- I expect the blog to be quiet today, but for anyone who heard about the earthquake in Southern California, we’re fine. The epicenter of the quake was something like 100 miles from us. We felt the quake for sure, but we’re fine. My concern is for those close to the center, and we’re all aware that another, bigger one could come. Fun Fact: A part of the San Andreas fault line runs right through my city
- Wizard and I had a great 4th of July day with drinks in the jacuzzi, ribs for dinner and peach pie for dessert.
- 4th of July night, however, was like living too close to war zone. I have never actually been in a war zone, but this is what I imagine it sounds like. I was on the couch with my trembling dog, and the massive booms were coming from out the front of my house in a half circle to the back. It looked like lightning flashing. Those were the ones that had my flinching, and clearly these are not the legally sold fireworks, but the dangerous ones. Maggie wouldn’t leave my side until I told her it was time for bed and she ran in her kennel. She was a very brave girl throughout the rest of the night. She stayed in her kennel with no crying, whining or barking, and she even ate her treat. I’m proud of her.
- We saw Turbo this week. He was a blast as always. Wizard and I were playing with him outside, and when we went for a little walk, the boy reached for both our hands. We both looked up at one another, feeling the love that transcends time: There were all the moments that our sons reached for our hands, and now in this moment, our grandson reached for out hands. That kind of love and trust is a priceless gift.
- I have a new TV stand! After two years of searching, I finally found one that we like and that fits into the awkward corner! We put it together and it’s all done. It’s not expensive or anything, it just makes us happy.
So that’s my five. I know it’s kind of a holiday weekend for most, but it you’re here and have time, I’d live to hear five random things about your week. Have a great weekend!