Friday, July 19th, 2019
Howdy and TGIF! Okay time to share five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- I finally got my new dishwasher! It took almost two weeks to get it installed. But because life has been on the bullet train lately, we haven’t had a chance to run it a full cycle yet, so fingers crossed that nothing leaks and it works as advertised.
- My brother is home from the hospital, and my sister may be coming home today. Both of them have been amazing, getting up at the first opportunity after surgery. My brother is probably pushing the boundaries a little bit. His theory is that if a nurse tells him to try to walk three times in a twelve-hour period, he’ll do it six times. Not sure where he gets that need to push so hard And Biker Witch? Well she’s a superstar! Her surgery was so much more involved than we’d hoped, and she’s surprising everyone by getting up and walking anyway. They both have a way to go in recovery, but they’re very determined.
- Maggie got a special trip to Petco today to pick out a couple treats. She’s been a really good girl, plus it breaks up the long hot days for her since I walk her early in the morning. I gave her one chew while I was cleaning, and normally I only let her eat half of it at a time by taking it away after about a half hour. But when I came back downstairs after dusting, the whole thing was gone. I have no idea if she ate it all, or she hid it for later. I guess time will tell.
- I went to the gym twice this week. Last week I didn’t go at all, so that’s a check in the improvement column.
- There was a surprise sale on one of my books, HER TEMPORARY HERO. I found out when I opened my Bookbub Newsletter, and saw it listed. It’s entirely possible the publisher had notified me and I missed it in my email. It was fun to see it hit #8 e-book bestseller overall on B&N, #2 in e-book contemporary romance on Amazon, and #1 in e-book romance on iTunes. I think I remembered all those right–I’m too lazy to go look through my screenshots.
That’s my five things, now I’d really like to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
July 19th, 2019 at 6:13 am · Link
First off, way to go on the sales! Those are some awesome rankings. I hope they help loads of people find your books. And yay for all the good things that happened in your week!
1) I woke up in a funk. Not sure why. This morning isn’t any funkier than any other. I took yesterday off for the most part. Maybe that’s why I’m funky. Back at it today.
2) Blueberry season is almost over here, and once again, I missed it. I’m hoping to catch peach season.
3) Yesterday at dinnertime, we had two fawns playing in the road. I went outside and, as much as I hated to do it, I purposefully scared them away. That time of day is bad for traffic and the people in here always seem to be in a hurry to get nowhere.
4) I have one little, pink wildflower growing in the garden under the cedars. Nothing else is blooming but that one pink flower, right in the center of the bed. It makes me happy.
5) I’m still plugging away on getting Ugly and the Beast into shape. Then I’ll work on Cinder Ugly. I started it, but I’m not there yet. I’m not even sure what the story there will be. But I guess that’s part of the fun – it’ll be like opening a gift.
July 19th, 2019 at 8:18 am · Link
Whoa! Great rankings! And you come from a family of overachievers. Glad Bro and Biker Witch are on their way to recovery. Yay for improvements and Maggie’s a good girl!
Here’s my five:
1) Loki has a new trick–he “climbs” the foot of the bed UNDER the bedspread and then plays “bed shark,” pouncing on my feet. 😜 I’m really going to miss all the critters next week.
2) Still not finished with the darn WIP. I “pre-wrote” a scene (as I do) and the emotion in it is pivotal but it no longer totally fits the storyline so I have to adjust it. I think I’ve figured out how to incorporate it. That’s my goal today.
3) The heat finally hit here. And no rain. I’m ready for fall.😓
4) I ordered new bookmarks for my Red Dirt Royalty series. They turned out cool. I’m going to slip them in books and leave them on the planes as we travel. And give them out at the signings. Speaking of, I’m doing the Harlequin signing in NYC. That’s another item off my writing bucket list. 😊
5) I’ve lost some weight and it’s stayed off all this week. As a result, I found 3 pairs of black jeans that fit now that I can pack for NYC. nnnnnnnnnnnnn (Loki says hi…) They haven’t been worn much so I can get away with them looking like “business casual” with a nice top. Yay!
That’s my five. Have a great weekend, everyone! Not sure I can check in next week–and will likely be at weird times but I’ll catch up when I get home, if not.
July 19th, 2019 at 3:14 pm · Link
1. Congrats on the dishwasher. I hope there are no leaks and that you will be happy with it for many years.
2. Glad to know that both your brother and sister are on their way to respective recovery. That’s fantastic that they both got up and started moving.
3. Maggie is very smart so I bet she did hide half her chew for “later”.
4. Good job hitting the gym. You’ve had so much going on that it’s amazing you worked two workouts into your week.
5. WOW! What wonderful news on HTH :)!
1a. Have I mentioned I hate the heat ;)? It is so oppressive with the temps in the 90s and the dew point in the upper 70s. And they have the nerve to ask us to conserve energy – can you imagine ;).
2a. I scrubbed all my floors this morning. Now I’m paying. Yes, I will be drinking wine.
3a. Spunk has been super verbal this week. He is even talking all through the human’s dinner instead of sleeping off his dinner. I finally figured out that he’s keeping us safe from birds and other creatures out side the sun room .
4a. Youngest has decided that he and hubs are going kayaking tomorrow early. It’s so yucky out that I’ll believe that when I see it.
5a. I’m going to try making Mexican chicken in a few minutes for dinner. It seems to easy to be true. Basically chicken with chili powder, hot peppers and onions served over a taco like seasoned rice. We’ll see. I’m too tired to really care ;).
Have a wonderful weekend!
July 21st, 2019 at 6:15 pm · Link
B.E, Silver and Viki–everytime I tried to answer the blog comments the last three days, something or other interrupted me. It was actually pretty funny But I read all over them!
Silver, have a great and safe trip to NYC for RWA!!