Friday, July 26th, 2019
TGIF! It’s time to share 5 random things about our week. Here are mine!
- Yesterday, Wizard and I went to a consultation with an attorney to handle some documents for us. All that went fine, but while on the way…
- …We were side swiped on the freeway. Sigh. It’s a total pain in the butt, but no one was hurt so we are trying not to let it get to us. The other guy somehow hit the back left side of our car, maybe trying to change lanes, or he wasn’t paying attention and swerved into our lane. He eventually stopped, and we handled things, although he didn’t have his insurance information on him, so that’s still undetermined. The interesting twist is that Wizard informed him we were on our way for an appointment with our attorney. The guy was very cooperative
- It’s hot and humid. I’m not a fan of this weather, and very grateful that our air conditioning works.
- Our home decorating project this week is trying to spray paint some pictures frames. I have two cheap sets of four vertical pictures on a rope hanger. We’re painting them blue and gray to match the decor. If it works, it’ll be a cute and fun addition. If not, I’m out less than $30.00 in total for the frames and paint, and I can live with that.
- This might sound funny, but I’m teaching Maggie how to handle being tied on a long line in the garage with us, so she can be out there while we work on projects. In the past, she has always frozen if we tied her, and even if I dropped her leash. If I call her to me, she doesn’t think she can move, and seems worried about stepping over or around the long line. So we stopped doing it, thinking she was too scared. Then it dawned on me, this must be new to Maggie, and she needs to learn how to move around while attached to the long line, and understand the limits of it. She only fears what she doesn’t understand! Honestly, this was like a “Duh!” moment. I should have thought of this a year ago. Anyway, we’ve been showing her, she’s very quickly getting the hang of it and proud of herself. Obviously I still have much to learn about being a good dog owner/pack leader.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
July 26th, 2019 at 5:33 am · Link
Ack! So glad you guys are okay. But what a pain in the buns. Good on Wizard for putting some fear into the guy. Yay for AC! And fun projects! It sounds like it’ll be pretty when you’re done. And of course, yay for Maggie! Such a smart girl.
1) Our lawyer is running for office, so we’ll probably have to hope whoever they give us at the law firm is good. Of course, we’ve only seen him once to do our wills, so not that big a deal.
2) I’ve been doing my hard-target walks. Yesterday, I made it 1.4 miles – my farthest walk yet. (Like that. I’ve walked farther, but that was strolling.)
3) I think I’m going to need new walking shoes before too long.
4) Last night, I hit 3K words in Cinder Ugly. Still not sure if it’s the right beginning but I’m running with it.
5) We had a little break in the heat here, so I baked cookies and muffins. We’re headed back to hot, though, so the baking spree is probably over. Well, maybe I’ll try that recipe for oatmeal cake today. Or the one for easy granola bars. We’ll see.
July 26th, 2019 at 3:41 pm · Link
1. Smart taking care of legal paperwork.
2. OH NO! Sideswiped, that stinks! I hope the cops were there since he didn’t have his insurance info.
3. I really feel for you with the heat and humidity. It makes it so hard to do anything when outside. Does Maggie even want to go for walks when it’s sticky?
4. Can’t wait to see the end product of the frames. You have a good eye at making stuff come together.
5. You’re right about Maggie. It will take a little work but once she understands she will love being on a tether while you’re working in the garage.
1a. It’s still rather nice but going to get yucky again starting tomorrow.
2a. All that rain we had over the past months and you’d never know it to look at the plants out on and off the deck. Strange.
3a. Dinner with my girlfriend was wonderful. On our way home hubs said, “That was great. She’s a riot.” Yes, my friends are different and she being English, is even more so ;).
4a. Next Friday girlfriends hub will officially retire and even though he’s having ankle surgery Thursday afternoon, we’re all going to go out for a drink. I think the guy is nuts. But then again, he’s the guy that ran a marathon 2 days after hernia surgery. Even I am not the obsessed.
5a. I have to put in the time this weekend and set up my own HSA. I can no longer use hubs and have to have my own.
Have a wonderful weekend. Wishing your brother and Biker Witch well.
July 26th, 2019 at 4:25 pm · Link
B.E., thanks we are fine, and keeping in mind that it could have been a lot worse. Let’s talk about you:
1) Well let’s hope you don’t need a lawyer–if your lawyer wins the office he’s running for. We are beginning our estate planning, but still working out details.
2) That’s great on your walks! I know what you mean between basically power walking and strolls.
3) Isn’t it amazing how fast we go through shoes by walking that way? I need new ones too.
4) Yay for 3k on your book!
5) For some reason, the granola bars sound good to me. Sorry about the heat heading back your way.
Hope you have a fun and productive weekend!
July 26th, 2019 at 4:38 pm · Link
Viki, we didn’t call the cops, but we documented everything, and I think we’re okay. We’ll find out. Thanks! Maggie and I go for our walks at 6:30 am, and she’s willing. I do slow our pace though. LOL on me having a good eye–sometimes, I can pull things together, other times it’s a disaster. But we’re enjoying it. And thanks on Maggie, I agree that it’s good for her too. Now for you:
1) Sorry the yucky weather tomorrow. I guess it makes us appreciate the nicer days.
2) We are having the same issue with some of our plants, and we had a more rain that we’ve had in years. I don’t know what it is.
3) So glad you had a great time with your girlfriend! Yep the British can be hilarious. Wizard worked with a lot of Brits. He saw the serious, working side, while I got the charming and funny side when we socialized
4) Ok, I have to say, your girlfriend’s hubby is a little crazy, and may be a bit optimistic. But I hope he comes through the surgery easily, and can go for drinks. And seriously? He ran a marathon 2 days after hernia surgery??? That’s…um…I’ll just go with committed On the other hand, I swear some people just bounce back quickly. These days, I don’t bounce at all, LOL.
5) Is HSA a Health Savings Account? I wasn’t sure, but whatever it is, hope you can get it all taken care of and off your mind.
Thank you for your good wishes for my sister and brother. Hope you and Hubs have a great weekend!
July 27th, 2019 at 3:24 pm · Link
The granola bars turned out yummy. I posted the recipe to FB, if you want to try it. And if you can’t find it there, let me know.
July 28th, 2019 at 10:52 am · Link
B.E., thanks I saw it on FB!