TGIF! It’s time to share 5 random things about our week. Here are mine!
- Yesterday, Wizard and I went to a consultation with an attorney to handle some documents for us. All that went fine, but while on the way…
- …We were side swiped on the freeway. Sigh. It’s a total pain in the butt, but no one was hurt so we are trying not to let it get to us. The other guy somehow hit the back left side of our car, maybe trying to change lanes, or he wasn’t paying attention and swerved into our lane. He eventually stopped, and we handled things, although he didn’t have his insurance information on him, so that’s still undetermined. The interesting twist is that Wizard informed him we were on our way for an appointment with our attorney. The guy was very cooperative
- It’s hot and humid. I’m not a fan of this weather, and very grateful that our air conditioning works.
- Our home decorating project this week is trying to spray paint some pictures frames. I have two cheap sets of four vertical pictures on a rope hanger. We’re painting them blue and gray to match the decor. If it works, it’ll be a cute and fun addition. If not, I’m out less than $30.00 in total for the frames and paint, and I can live with that.
- This might sound funny, but I’m teaching Maggie how to handle being tied on a long line in the garage with us, so she can be out there while we work on projects. In the past, she has always frozen if we tied her, and even if I dropped her leash. If I call her to me, she doesn’t think she can move, and seems worried about stepping over or around the long line. So we stopped doing it, thinking she was too scared. Then it dawned on me, this must be new to Maggie, and she needs to learn how to move around while attached to the long line, and understand the limits of it. She only fears what she doesn’t understand! Honestly, this was like a “Duh!” moment. I should have thought of this a year ago. Anyway, we’ve been showing her, she’s very quickly getting the hang of it and proud of herself. Obviously I still have much to learn about being a good dog owner/pack leader.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!