Friday, August 30th, 2019
This week was a blur for me, what about you all? Here’s five random things about my week:
- It’s our wine tasting weekend with Middle Son, his wife and 2 dogs!
- We took Maggie to boarding yesterday. Despite knowing she’s been there many times and always does fine, we still feel bad for leaving her. But as soon as I took Maggie through the gate and unleashed her in the dog area, she just walked off with her human friend. Um…I’m happy?? Ok seriously, Wizard and I are relieved and pleased when she does this at boarding. It’d be a lot harder if she cried when we left her. This way, we know she feel comfortable.
- Yesterday was Youngest Son’s fiance, Vet Tech’s, birthday! We went over last night to give her gift, which is sooo nice now that they live ten minutes away. She’s having a big year between buying a house, having a milestone birthday and getting married!
- Over two weeks ago, I ordered shoes from Reebok to replace the shoes I use for walking Maggie. I’ve worn out two pairs since I’ve had her, LOL! But this time, Reebok tripped over their own feet or something. A week after I ordered, they sent me an email that the shipment was delayed. Then it took me a week of hounding them to get the truth–they couldn’t find the shoes they’d advertised on their website in their warehouse, and finally, they just cancelled the order. I was frustrated–not at the problem itself because that stuff happens–but because the way they handled it was not customer friendly. However, I found some shoes on Amazon, ordered them, and had them in 2 days for the same price so it worked out okay. All that said, 95% to 98% of the time, name brand companies deliver on their website promises, or if there is a problem, they find a way to make it right.
- Monday is Labor Day in the U.S.! I’m wishing all of you a Happy Labor Day now, as I’m not sure I’ll have a chance to post on Monday. I’ll be back on Wednesday for sure!
And that’s my five random things. Now I’d love to hear your five even though I may not be able to answer. But I can definitely read your answers!
Have a great (and safe!) weekend!
August 30th, 2019 at 8:33 am · Link
Have fun this weekend! And may no irritating things arise anywhere to harsh your time. (Yeah, customer service levels have dropped pretty much across the board.) Happy Birthday to VT! Yay foir Maggie being such a good girl!
1) There is nothing going on here. Staying in and avoiding the last hurrah of the summer people.
2) The neighborhood was pretty quiet when I walked yesterday, which means they’ll all be arriving today. And that’s fine, because they’ll mostly be gone by Tuesday and then not back again until next Spring.
3) I have no clue what I’m doing for dinner tonight. I’m bored with everything I have in the freezer. :shrug:
4) I bought a lot of books at the thrift store this week. And I still have books from my last haul to read. But what a problem to have… too many books to read? Bring it on, baby.
5) I treated myself with some Chocopolitan ice cream, but Blue Bunny must’ve change the recipe. It used to be three distinct flavors of chocolate. Now it’s dark meh, white meh, and milk meh. So disappointed.
August 30th, 2019 at 9:05 am · Link
Yay for a fun weekend and Labor Day, for birthdays and milestones and kids being closer, for puppers liking boarding (I remember when y’all first got Maggie and she was so shy and insecure! Y’all have done awesome with her!!!), and I hate buying shoes. You’re lucky you can order them on-line. I have to try on pairs and pairs until I find one that fits right. 😜 Okay, my five:
1) We had torrential rains, a tornado and bad straight-line winds the first of the week. The kids’ house and ours came through fine. The BiL had some significant roof damage and lost power. They got the power fully restored yesterday. The man crew gathered on Tuesday morning to put tarps up. Of course, it’s raining today. 😝
2) Loki has “learned” to climb up my bed “under” the bedspread, whereupon he attacks my feet with his bitey little vampire kitten teeth. He figured out the bedspread protected me so he’s learned to circumvent the “obstacle.” There is a reason he is named Loki the Demon Lord of Kittens. 😼
3) THE OSU plays the other OSU tonight on TV and I don’t mean that fake OSU in Ohio. Go Pokes! Beat the Beavers! 😄
4) I’m making slow headway on the writing this week. But it is headway so there’s that. 🤔
5) Jake hasn’t gotten into the trash once this week, even when I’ve left him home “alone” (or as alone as a dog can be with an arthritic cat, a crazy ninja kitten, and a gruff old doggo who just wants to be left alone so he can sleep). It’s a milestone but not one I expect to last. Still, I think he’s learning this is his forever home and that we will always come back and feed him.
That’s my five. Have a safe and sane holiday weekend, everyone!
August 30th, 2019 at 2:41 pm · Link
1. Have a fantastic time at the wine tasting with middle son and DIL.
2. It’s so nice that Maggie is so comfy at her boarding. Knowing that she is happy must take some of the anxiety away from you.
3. Happy birthday to BLB’s fiance’.
4. Sorry you had a bad experience with your shoes. Good thing you were able to get them on Amazon. I find that more and more retail shop workers just don’t care. Makes me sad that the work ethic is going the way of the dinosaur.
5. Have a great Labor Day!
1a. Vacuum and I had words today :(.
2a. The drive is in but we can’t drive on it. Really is a pain in the butt having to lug my shopping through our front wooded area 185 feet (the length of the drive to the house).
3a. Keeping all the Floridians in my thoughts and prayers. Sure hope all goes well.
4a. Looks like we’re going to have a beautiful holiday weather weekend up here in Ohio. Guess we will be grilling :).
5a. Really noticed today how nasty the drivers are right now. Do you think it’s because of the long weekend? They are cutting each other off, driving into the other lane and tail gating like there is no tomorrow. Scary.
Every one enjoy the holiday weekend!