To all the people dealing with hurricane, I hope you’re safe! It’s been awful, and I’m worried. Also, we have a dangerous fire (possibly started by lightning) in the next city that is threatening homes and lives. Natural Disasters need to stop! Human’s create enough misery with nature flexing her frightening power.
Okay let’s jump right into my five random things about my week:
- This week, I’ve been trying to clean the house by myself, hoping to wean off the once-a-month house cleaners. But my shoulder and neck are not happy. We will see if my stubborn pride or common sense wins. Right now, I’m rooting for my stubborn pride, LOL
- I’ve wanted to go to Costco for years but i’m too cheap to pay the $60.00 membership fee. I resent paying a retailer for the privilege of spending my money in their store. Hmm…I’m starting to see a pattern of cheapness.
- Heat and humidity suck. But on the upside, Wizard bought me a chocolate bar.
- I am writing a little this week. Still revising before pushing onto writing second half of book. My biggest advice to writers, and the advice I wish I’d freaking learn write a crappy first draft straight through no matter how bad it is. My perfectionist side is a mouthy, annoying, editorializing and demeaning bitch who won’t shut the hell up and let me write. And she ruins books. Truly. Also, she has a potty mouth
- This weekend, I’m finally going to see my grandson, Turbo, at swimming lessons! I’ve wanted to do this for weeks, so I’m happy. Wizard is planning to go too, unless one of the other kids needs him. Wizard is in demand these days!
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Everyone, please stay safe and have a good weekend!
September 6th, 2019 at 5:34 am · Link
Ack. Water on the east coast and flames on the west coast. Take care of yourself. :hugs: Speaking of which, take it easy on the cleaning. You’ll get there. I dunno, I think Costco is overrated unless you’re outfitting for an army. Boo for heat and humidity, but yay for chocolate! Eh, everyone has a process – this is yours. Accept that you’re not a dirty-draft kind of gal. Yay for Turbo time!
1) I need to spend a chunk of time today cleaning. The dust, she is thick.
2) Last night, I told myself I was going to wake up and get right after it. (You know, after coffee.) Umm, yah, right.
3) At some point this morning, I have to hit the bank and dump my latest backups into the safety deposit box. Right now, backups are the only things in there.
4) I really need to go fishing. It’s been too long and I could really use a couple hours of sitting on the shore, watching a bobber. Blow some air through the system. Get my mind right.
5) Before I jumped on Pinterest, I’d forgotten what a horse nut I used to be. So many pretty pictures of such beautiful animals. Arabians are my favorite, but I’m biased because the first farm I worked on was an Arabian breeding facility.
September 6th, 2019 at 9:01 am · Link
*shakes mother finger at you* Do NOT overdo it! The fact that the cleaners only come once a month to do the heavy stuff says a lot about how far you’ve come. Let it go! (Or I’ll put the link to that song in a comment to give you the ear worm! Just sayin’!!!!) Yay for swimming lessons. Boo on mother nature. I wondered how close the fire was. I hope it stays away. After last winter, I’d wager there’s not a lot left to burn in your neck of the woods. And B.E.’s right. If you can’t train your inner editor to leave you alone until the first draft is done, embrace the little turd and write around it. Okay…my five.
1. I watched Hummingbird Wars yesterday afternoon. I think I had at least 4 hummers all fighting for the feeder. Which has six feeding stations. Loki was on the window sill, mesmerized.
2. I freaked out the feral cats. I bought a cheap serving deal-thingy (a “tray” with four “bowls”) to add to the two 3-bowl tray-thingies I already had. There are times that there’s a LOT of cats out there. Shy, Salem, Hi-jinx, Wynken, Blynkin, and Nod (the blacks), Cowboy (orange tiger), Sari and Raja (Balinese), Lucifer (who I think is Loki’s dad, though he’s not around as much as before), with occasional visits from Sunshine, who belongs to someone down the street and lets me pet where the others are truly feral. Anyway, not enough slots at the “feeding trough” so for $3, I added more. Except they freaked out because…NEW THING ON PORCH! *CAT FLAIL*
Okay. That was so long, I think it’s worth 2 random things. 😂
4. Remember me talking about going to pick out a new kitchen faucet because LG wanted it done “right now” and we got caught in that HUGE thunderstorm a few weeks ago? Yeah…the sucker is still sitting in the box and I still have a bowl under the sink to catch the drips. 🤦
5. Tomorrow is pancakes, siren test, and hopefully Mexican food with the family. Yay!
Have a great weekend, everyone. And B.E.? GO FISHING!
September 6th, 2019 at 3:06 pm · Link
1. You take it easy and let someone else clean. You don’t need the pain. I wish I had someone to clean ;).
2. Agree with you on paying for the privilege of spending money in a store, though, youngest buys so much gas there that the card pays for itself fast.
3. I hate the heat and humidity too. Wizard scores big points on chocolate bar :).
4. You are too funny about that demeaning bitch ;0.
5. Enjoy the swim lessons. Take a video. You’ll love re-watching it all weekend.
1a. The weather has been nice. Low humidity. It will head back up Monday.
2a. That brand new truck is already getting an alignment. God knows what the kid did in 5 days. Very expensive since the truck is HUGE.
3a. Hubs is going through withdrawal. Harrison’s mom took this past week off and they are away this weekend. She has next week off too but she may take pity on grandpa and let him come over Monday :).
4a. This week has been the week of all the pains coming out at once :(.
5a. I’m craving cold weather food. Since it’s only supposed to go up to 70 Sunday I’m roasting a turkey loin. That way it’s not too much and will take the edge off :).
and I’m having a bloody Mary tonight!
Have a fantastic weekend!
September 6th, 2019 at 5:17 pm · Link
B.E, so true about water and fire, and we can throw in wind. Sigh. But let’s talk about you:
1) Dust just comes back too!
2) I hear you. I swear the same thing each night.
3) Wow I’m impressed that you put your backups in a safety deposit box. I do backup though.
4) I hope you went fishing! We all need to relax.
5) That must have been so cool to work with or at least near those beautiful horses!
Hope you have a great weekend!
September 6th, 2019 at 5:27 pm · Link
Silver, no! Not the song! Okay, I didn’t clean today. I was going to do just one protect, but Wizard snarled so I didn’t. I did write so I guess that’s good. Also true, there’s not much as far as thick forestation to burn by us. But I sure feel terrible for others going through it. I’ll never forget seeing the fire raging on TV one block from my house. It was so surreal, and we were incredibly fortunate I’m very aware that others not not that lucky. Anyhow onto you:
1) LOL I guess the hummingbirds all wanted the same feeding station. Or they were showing off for Loki
2 & 3) Cats!! First off, yeah, that’s a lot of cats! And they are pretty easily freaked by anything new or changed. I bet they adjust soon, and will enjoy the food.
4) Um…can I laugh??? Okay LG really needs to instal it since he dragged you both out into the thunderstorm even if he didnt’ know the skies would open up and dump buckets on you. Men.
5) Have fun tomorrow doing all the stuff with family!
Hope you have a great weekend!
September 6th, 2019 at 5:35 pm · Link
Viki, I “rested” today if we call hours on the computer rest, LOL! I’m unsure about Costco, and hope I remember to video Turbo.
1) So happy you’re getting a break from the humidity. Ours is less than yours, and it made my RA flare a little. I can deal with cold better.
2) Sheesh, that’s crazy to need an alignment so fast! He must have been having a lot of fun in his new truck.
3) Poor grandpa! That’s just cruel. I’m sure Harrison’s mom will let him come over since Harrison probably really misses grandpa too.
4) I’m sorry for all the pains. It seems to work that way. Hope you can find relief.
5) I’m a fan of roasted turkey! Enjoy your bloody mary!
I hope you have a great weekend, and your pain gets better!