Friday, October 18th, 2019
TGIF!! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We got a bunch of quotes for new garage doors. Once we passed through the stages of shock, anger, bargaining with God to win lotto, and finally acceptance, we made a decision Our new garage doors will be installed on Tuesday. We had two quotes over the phone (worthless for fairly obvious reasons–if you’re too lazy to come out and do a proper quote with pesky measurements and all, we’re too lazy to hire you), and four in-person quotes, and in that process, Wizard and I learned a lot more than we ever planned to know about roll up garage doors. But it did help us make a decision. I’m not even going to talk about California’s insane laws because I don’t have a seaweed, emotional support latte to help me think. Nor would I drink that if I did have it
- Still kind of, sort of, writing. Last night I thought I’d ruined the book, today I’m thinking…I need a latte. No wait, I’m thinking the book isn’t bad and I can totally make it work…but I should still get a latte. Maybe I’ll go buy one tomorrow because I’m irritating myself with my sudden latte obsession.
- I saw my doctor this week, mostly to deal with my right elbow and other assorted stuff. He did another shot in my elbow, plus an x-ray, and I’m waiting to hear on that. I have looked at the x-rays images myself, but then I remembered that I never went to medical school, so…yeah…my diagnosis is worth as much as my non-existent medical degree. It’s probably just chronic tendonitis from an old injury, and also I’m recommending latte physical therapy to heal the stupid elbow. Bending my elbow to drink qualifies as therapy, right? Ha! I live in California, of course, it does!
- Maggie charmed the man yesterday who came over to finalize the garage door thing. She was all shy, sweet and wiggly, and it works every time. Just like the time she met us and used her adorable charm to secure her forever home and human servants. Yeah, we eventually caught onto her methods, but she has us too well-trained now to do anything but fulfill her every wish.
- Turbo is coming over Sunday and spending the night again. Maggie is resting up! Wizard and I are making sure to keep those days clear to enjoy The Turbo Toddler. If it goes as well as last time, we’ll be thrilled. And if it doesn’t, we’ll still enjoy having him because that’s what grandparents do. Then we’ll send him home and crash–maybe with a latte. Or wine. Probably wine if we have the energy to lift a wine glass.
That’s my five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!
October 18th, 2019 at 6:13 am · Link
You’re a hoot. And, yes, you should definitely get a latte.
1) They’re making progress on the construction next door. Unfortunately most of the work being done harshes my nap time, so I’m draggin’ butt more than usual.
2) I made pizza subs for dinner the other night. I’d forgotten how much I used to love those things.
3) Right now, I’m trying to decide if I should attempt NaNoWriMo this year. Maybe it’ll be the thing that breaks this non-writing jag apart.
4) Writing was so much easier when I wasn’t worried about publishing.
5) I have no clue what I’m doing today. It’s already one of those mornings where I need more coffee in my coffee. Maybe once the coffee kicks in I can brain. But right now, I haz the dumb.
October 18th, 2019 at 9:48 am · Link
I love when you get snarky, Jen! And yay for Turbo Time! Okay, my five.
1) The weather is gorgeous. There’s a reason fall is my favorite time of year–balmy days with a hint of cool crispness and cool nights perfect for snuggling under a comforter.
2) Stormageddon comes this afternoon for play and dinner while Only volunteers with table decorations for a school dinner/auction. Then he comes back tomorrow night to spend the night while his parents do grownup stuff.
3) Mmmm. Lattes. Only I’m thinking cinnamon. Or Skinny Vanilla. NO pumpkin spice. Just…not! Or, since it’s supposed to hit the mid-70s today, better yet, a frappacino! Double yum.
4) Not enough coffee in the world this week. Good thing I bought the 5-pound size last week.
5) I don’t want to adult today. However, I have to go to the grocery store and then await Stormy’s arrival. Fun times!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
October 18th, 2019 at 3:26 pm · Link
1. Love the idiots that don’t come out and want to quote things over the phone. You know they are bad news. Sorry this is going to be such an expensive item but it’s one of those things we have to have. I hope all goes really well.
2. I’m sure the latte will be helpful and bring clarity to it all :).
3. Yes, bending the elbow is therapy ;). Again, good luck.
4. Maggie is a girl and knows how to use her charm wisely.
5. Have a great weekend with Turbo :)!!!!
1a. My car was born yesterday and will be arriving from SC this coming week :).
2a. Had to put a blanket on the bed for hubs this week. Will be removing it this weekend when the temp goes back up ;).
3a. The local healthy food store is closing. Got an email yesterday that they will be done as of the 30th :(. As of today at 10 am all items are 20 to 35 % off. I walk into the place at 10:05 and the shelves are almost 1/2 empty and the place is mobbed. So sad they are closing.
4a. Spunk is talking up a mean streak right now. Guess he wants dinner REALLY early. Not happening.
5a. I’m going pumpkin shopping tomorrow morning. I always buy the hubs a pumpkin and he keeps it in the house all winter. Come spring he puts it in the woods and we shoot it with the Glock. Yes, we are weird.
Have a real fun time with Turbo this weekend :)!
PS I’m making B.E.’s Romanian Apple cake tomorrow :).
October 18th, 2019 at 6:00 pm · Link
B.E., I got my latte Okay now for you:
1) Bummer on your nap.
2) Pizza subs sounds easier than making the pizza dough from scratch.
3) Do it! I’m all for challenging yourself if that works!
4) THIS! Writing gets harder when published! Pressure and expectations get in our heads and in the way of the story.
5) Hope coffee finally chased the cobwebs out of your brain.
Have a great weekend!
October 18th, 2019 at 6:04 pm · Link
Silver, LOL on my snark. My filter has been broken lately.
1) I like fall too!
2) Stormy must love all this grandparent time this week and last week (I think I’m remembering that right)
3) I had a plain latte today. I’m not a pumpkin spice fan either.
4) I like the way you plan ahead for your coffee needs
5) Hope you and Stormy have fun!
Enjoy your weekend!
October 18th, 2019 at 6:10 pm · Link
Viki, the garage thing is turning into a comedic routine. Wizard was doing some stuff today to prep, and everything that can go wrong pretty much is. We just hope the install goes well.
1) Exciting news that your car is almost here!
2) Maybe it’ll cool off enough at night to leave the blanket on?
3) How frustrating that the store is closing when it seems so many people like it? I hope a new option appears for you. Also, I don’t love those kinds of changes.
4) But Spunk is hungry! It’s so hard to resist them.
5) LOL I forgot that you guys like to repurpose your pumpkins into targets for shooting!
Thanks on Turbo. Have a great week and enjoy that apple cake! I really want to try it once I have a good excuse.