TGIF!! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We got a bunch of quotes for new garage doors. Once we passed through the stages of shock, anger, bargaining with God to win lotto, and finally acceptance, we made a decision Our new garage doors will be installed on Tuesday. We had two quotes over the phone (worthless for fairly obvious reasons–if you’re too lazy to come out and do a proper quote with pesky measurements and all, we’re too lazy to hire you), and four in-person quotes, and in that process, Wizard and I learned a lot more than we ever planned to know about roll up garage doors. But it did help us make a decision. I’m not even going to talk about California’s insane laws because I don’t have a seaweed, emotional support latte to help me think. Nor would I drink that if I did have it
- Still kind of, sort of, writing. Last night I thought I’d ruined the book, today I’m thinking…I need a latte. No wait, I’m thinking the book isn’t bad and I can totally make it work…but I should still get a latte. Maybe I’ll go buy one tomorrow because I’m irritating myself with my sudden latte obsession.
- I saw my doctor this week, mostly to deal with my right elbow and other assorted stuff. He did another shot in my elbow, plus an x-ray, and I’m waiting to hear on that. I have looked at the x-rays images myself, but then I remembered that I never went to medical school, so…yeah…my diagnosis is worth as much as my non-existent medical degree. It’s probably just chronic tendonitis from an old injury, and also I’m recommending latte physical therapy to heal the stupid elbow. Bending my elbow to drink qualifies as therapy, right? Ha! I live in California, of course, it does!
- Maggie charmed the man yesterday who came over to finalize the garage door thing. She was all shy, sweet and wiggly, and it works every time. Just like the time she met us and used her adorable charm to secure her forever home and human servants. Yeah, we eventually caught onto her methods, but she has us too well-trained now to do anything but fulfill her every wish.
- Turbo is coming over Sunday and spending the night again. Maggie is resting up! Wizard and I are making sure to keep those days clear to enjoy The Turbo Toddler. If it goes as well as last time, we’ll be thrilled. And if it doesn’t, we’ll still enjoy having him because that’s what grandparents do. Then we’ll send him home and crash–maybe with a latte. Or wine. Probably wine if we have the energy to lift a wine glass.
That’s my five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!