Friday, October 25th, 2019
TGIF! Am I posting on the right day? This week is totally off for me. I’m positive I misplaced a day somewhere, LOL! But assuming it really is Friday, here’s 5 random things about my week:
- Oh my gosh, Youngest is getting married in just over a week! How did that sneak up on us?
- Realizing #1 meant I spent yesterday running around getting last-minute stuff I needed. I finally ordered a small purse from Amazon as I couldn’t find one in the right color that I liked anywhere. I think I only have one more thing to pick up.
- Our new garage doors are great, and we got a price we thought fair. Then our ice maker stopped working…LOL! We got it working again, then realized how old the refrigerator is. Sigh, it’s going on the list of things that eventually will need to be replaced. However, it’s all working now so it can sit on that list for years and wait its turn or risk my wrath. I know that refrigerator is scared and will mind me
- Back to Youngest Son. He texted me a couple of nights ago and said, “Mom do you want to come over Saturday and help me paint my home office?” I used to be really good at tell my kids no, what happened? Also, I’m really impressed that they are getting so much done in that house, even with the wedding a week away. Time Management and Will Power!
- Do you all know how much we use the elbow on our dominate arm? I do! All the freaking time. The shot has helped my tendonitis some, and I wear the brace (per the doctor’s insistent orders), but I’m vividly aware of how much I use that elbow these days. It’s amazing how we take what our bodies do daily for granted until something gets old and cranky, LOL! (In case anyone is wondering about my tendonitis and #4, I can paint, especially if I do more trim work than the repetitive rolling of the walls. I may be a little sore, but I don’t mind–it’s better than sitting around and not doing stuff.)
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! Have a great weekend!
October 25th, 2019 at 6:07 am · Link
Wow. I’m so happy for BLB. May they have a long and happy life together. Yay! Fingers crossed your fridge behaves and yay for your garage door. LOL, saying no is hard. Sorry to hear about your elbow troubles, and yeah, if we let all the ouchies keep us from doing stuff, we’d be sitting in a chair slowly going nuts. Screw that.
1) We’re having the wettest October since we moved here. Over 11 inches of rain already this month and it ain’t over yet. Rain today, rain tomorrow. Who knows what next week will bring. Sploosh.
2) I think I perfected my pizza subs this week. The secret is to cook some of the toppings (mushrooms, ham, etc.) before they go in the sub and load that sub up.
3) Then yesterday, I took chicken tenderloins, wrapped them in ham and swiss, and baked them. So good. I ate way too much.
4) I really need to stop making such yummy things or I’m going to be exercising full time just to stave off the weight gain.
5) Earlier this week, I discovered a book I don’t remember writing. A NaNo thing I wrote in 2013 that I never finished. Now I can’t stop thinking about it, which may screw up my thoughts of doing a new NaNo book this year. One week left to decide what I’m doing. Ack.
October 25th, 2019 at 12:58 pm · Link
Congrats to the almost-newlyweds! And yes, I am impressed with how organized they are. Also, you should work your none-predominate hand and arm learning to do stuff. Being even semi-ambidextrous is beneficial. I’ll have to dig deep for five things because this has been a boring week.
1) Loki has a new trick. He hids under a blue Rubbermaid stepstool and plays “whack-a-mole” toes as we walk by. If we pick up the stool and move it, he zooms back under it to play some more. We laugh.
2) It snowed in the northwestern part of the state. I mean, REALLY snowed–like ten inches in some areas. We just got/are getting rain here.
3) Because it is cold and rainy, that means ooey-gooey food. Last night was spaghetti. Tonight is chili.
4) Today is trash day. I always feel bad about putting out the trash can, knowing the trash guys would prefer to be warm and dry somewhere. But, the city went to one day a week pickup and we can’t go two weeks without even the big new can overflowing so the thing is at the curb despite the cold and rain.
5) I did mention this has been a boring week, right? One last Loki tidbit. He follows us to the bathroom and “boxes” (“stands” up on his hind legs and waves his front paws) until we roll up a small ball of toilet paper and toss it to him. He then proceeds to play soccer with it. I’m scared to look under the bed because they all disappear under there eventually.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
October 25th, 2019 at 3:07 pm · Link
1. Wow, the wedding is coming up fast.
2. Can just imagine how crazy it is making sure everything is in order for the wedding. Good job ordering the purse.
3. Glad you’re happy with the garage doors. Very sorry about the ice maker/frig. As my grandma always said, “You don’t own a house. The house owns you.” Every time we turn around there seems to be something that is super expensive and needs to be fixed/replaced.
4. Ha Ha on saying no. I used to be very good at it too. In fact, they labeled me “the meanest mom on the planet.” I wore the patch proudly ;).
5. I can totally relate to the elbow and basically all pain. It’s nice that you are still able to paint and help out BLB.
1a. My car arrived yesterday morning and we’re picking it up tomorrow.
2a. Hubs also ordered a new car. His first ever BMW. It wasn’t due to arrive for 2 weeks. It came in this morning. He’s picking his up Monday afternoon.
3a. I’m really annoyed with all the Christmas stuff in the stores. It started showing up 2 weeks ago and has now taken over all but a tiny portion of each stores Halloween stuff :(.
4a. Hubs got his new iphone and youngest set it up. I don’t have an apple computer so I’m hoping that when I get mine they can back my phone up to hubs computer and then set me up. Otherwise I’m going to lose everything.
5. Had my hair done Monday and someone put the wrong color tube in the box. Cass didn’t check it before she mixed everything. When we got back to her station after washing the color out I had brown hair. I’ve never in my life had brown hair. Cass was so ticked. But she gave me a free full head of highlights to bring the color down. It looks good. But with my super light complexion the brown hair would never work.
I hope you have a great weekend. Have a fun time at BLB’s painting and hanging out.
October 25th, 2019 at 7:11 pm · Link
B.E., I’m with you–screw that Seriously, that’s always been my motto. That’s something getting sick when I was still a young woman with three children at home taught me. Now onto you:
1) Yeesh! I’m worried about what the entire fall and winter months will bring you. No flooding! Rain is good, but too much is a disaster.
2) Sounds yummy! I can’t eat much ham or bacon these days, but I can appreciate how much others enjoy it.
3) Sounds like a great dish!
4) The weight thing is a constant struggle.
5) My thought is: Go with that book that has you intrigued right now for Nano! You can rewrite or finish it!
Hope your weekend dries out and wonderful!
October 25th, 2019 at 7:18 pm · Link
Silver, you’re right on learning to use my non-dominant hand/arm. I tell myself that all the time
1) That is too cute with Loki! I can “see” him doing that!
2) WOW! Snow in October? Is that normal? The weather seems really whack to me. It’s crazy hot here,.
3) Fall foods! They taste so good for some reason. We even indulged in stew one tight when it wasn’t 90 plus degrees.
4) Look at it this way: The trash guys have work because you put the trash cans out. I hear what you mean though. Its like the guys here working in extreme heat–both Wizard and I feel bad (and worry for) them.
5) Loki boxing is too cute! He’s still tiny, right? Now I really want to come to your house and look under the bed, just to see what the little critter has batted under there, LOL!!
You’re never boring to me! I really hope and LG have a great weekend!
October 25th, 2019 at 8:23 pm · Link
Viki, you’re grandmother was so right! But I’m very grateful to have a home
1) So exciting about your new car! I hope you love it!
2) Wow, Hubs car is arriving really fast!
3) Commercialized holidays are something that annoys me too. It’s just sad.
4) They should be able to transfer your data/contacts using hubs computer. If not, check with the Apple store. For myself, they transferred everything from my iPhone to my Android. I’m sure it can be done!
5) OMGosh that’s awful! I’m sure you look lovely with the highlights though. But how careless and unprofessional to put the color tube in the wrong box. I can see how easy it would be to grab the tube from the correct box, never thinking to check it. STill, I hope you’re enjoying the change since the highlights should have given you enough blonde to compliment your complexion.
I really hope you have a great weekend and love your new car!