Friday, November 22nd, 2019
TGIF! And here we go sharing five random things about our week:
- Next week is Thanksgiving! It’s at my house this year, with a mid-sized guest list of all my three sons, their wives, Turbo, Biker Witch, Biker Hubby and two large dogs. There are more people who may come, and we’ll love it if they do. I’m very grateful to have a lot of help of help this year, which will make it so much more fun!
- I got several things done this week, including my mammogram, which is usually a big hassle, but this one was pretty easy. Today I’m tackling the eye appointment I pushed way back until after Youngest’s wedding. My eyes are pretty bad. I’m hoping I can keep wearing my mono-vision contacts since I see better in those than my glasses, however it’s possible I’ve passed the point of being able to do that. We’ll see how it goes. I’m really happy to get these routine things done and checked off my list.
- My washing machine that had declared itself the I’ll-Spin-When-I-Feel-Like-It-Machine has been behaving 85 to 90% of the time. I don’t care why it’s behaving, I’ll take the win for now. And trust me, I’ve been washing a TON of stuff in the last few weeks.
- We had rain! Real rain! We started the week well over 90 degrees, and ended it pretty danged cold for this part of California. Wizard and I both enjoyed the rain. Maggie tolerated it
- We are seeing Turbo tomorrow, and going to the Long Beach Aquarium to see all the fish and sharks. It’s pretty small and a good place for young children so I’m really looking forward to it! By the way, Turbo is 20 months old now. He’ll be 2 years old next March. Time is flying!
That’s my Friday Five and now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
November 22nd, 2019 at 6:59 am · Link
Woo, your house is gonna be crowded this year. Have a blast! Yay for getting things crossed off your list! Silly ol’ washing machine. Yay for the real rain! And yay for Turbo time! A trip to the aquarium sounds fun. Gah, that old already. Time is swooshing right by there.
1) I have my quarterly ormone shot today. Drive up, get poked, come home. The worst part is that it’s supposed to rain all morning. Driving in the rain… bleh.
2) We’re seeing bald eagles again. Yay! I love it when they return for the winter. We had two circling each other over the house and screaming at each other. Too cool.
3) I snagged a really good book on Wednesday and spent most of yesterday reading it. I finished it and then went to bed, which was a bad idea since I kept thinking about the story instead of sleeping.
4) I actually did put the book down to write after dinner. I was actually jazzed and planned on a lengthy session, but a short ways in, a thunderstorm came up. I don’t like writing on the computer during thunderstorms because I’m always afraid something will fry and then I’ll lose everything. Once the storm passed, I was back inside that book, so there went the writing session.
5) Maybe I should consider writing earlier in the day. Except the creative side of my brain usually doesn’t get going until later. Too many years of writing after dinner so I could focus on homeschooling/momming during the day, I guess. Gotta retrain the brain.
November 22nd, 2019 at 9:54 am · Link
Lots of people but also lots of love! To-Do list heroine-that’s you! 🤞 on washing machine. What a relief to get rain! Turbo time and fishies! Stormy will be 6 in March. The little ones never waste time growing up! And my five:
1. I think I mentioned the character kerfluffle with another author in an anthology series. The six-book series releases in February and there are three events that tie-in to everyone’s plot. The other author and I worked our stuffs out, both of us very happy at the turn of events and I helped her brainstorm on some other stuff. S’all good. Plus I know have a character for our next round in 2021.
2. We had warm temps the beginning of the week and then rain came in Wednesday night with cooler/cold temps. I’m all about the seasonable but I could do without the leaf mold. 🤧
3. I fixed homemade patty melts this week, using Texas toast grilled in butter, pepperjack cheese on LG’s and sharp cheddar on mine. Never done them before. Yummers!
4. Speaking of food and Thanksgiving, I only have to make rolls. Yay!
5. Jakes has done very well on his outings this week. However, I did catch him sneaking Loki’s food bowl off the desk yesterday. He was looking for a snack and he’s so cutely apologetic when caught. He still got a stern “No, no, bad dog” and then scritches and hugs to show he’s loved no matter what. 🐶
Life was pretty quiet this week. Gonna relax and churn out words this week because next week will be busy. Have a great weekend, everyone!
November 22nd, 2019 at 4:10 pm · Link
1. How wonderful! You’re going to have a full house Thursday. It will be so nice and cozy and having the pups there too is sweet :).
2. Glad to hear you had your mammogram. Oh no on the eyes. I hope you can get by with regular contacts. I need reading glasses now but only 1.50, so I guess I’m doing okay ;).
3. Very happy to hear the the washer is spinning most of the time. I’d go crazy. You’re a much better person than me.
4. Yippie to rain! Poor Maggie isn’t a fan? Glad it finally cooled down too.
5. Have a wonderful time at the aquarium. I’m sure Turbo will love it!
1a. Finally got the plates to my car. Took the longest it’s ever taken. Ohio is really getting slow.
2a. Wednesday hubs and I went to look at new wall and slide in ovens. We need to replace my microwave/wall oven combo and my slide in downdraft cook top/oven. The problem is my wall combo isn’t made any more. It’s only 24 inches and the standard now is 30″. They will order 27″ but the cabinet will still have to be cut out. And only Kitchen Aid makes a downdraft electric 30″ slide in. We’re at a standstill :(.
3a. I finally have everything in the house for both Thanksgiving and Sunday’s family dinner :).
4a. Middle son’s birthday is Dec. 6th but we’re all tied up for weeks so tomorrow we’re taking him out for the family birthday dinner. We’re going to a hibachi place. Hope Harrison has fun ;).
5a. I’ve only bought 2 Christmas presents so far. This is going to be a struggle this year.
Have a great weekend!
November 22nd, 2019 at 6:21 pm · Link
B.E., Thanks, I hope Thanksgiving fun chaos as opposed to stressful chaos. Dogs and kids have a way of creating their own energy, LOL. Now you:
1) Hope the rain didn’t make your drive to get your shot too much of a challenge.
2) Yay for the Return of the Bald Eagles!
3) Yes! I’ve lost sleep when I can’t stop thinking about a good book too.
4) Not writing on the computer during a T-storm if very reasonable.
5) It may be best to go with your creative flow if you enjoy writing at night. If not, good luck retained stubborn creativeness!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
November 22nd, 2019 at 6:30 pm · Link
Silver, LOL on to-do-list heroine. Given how long I procrastinate these things, I have no choice but to finally tackle them hard Stormy is getting so big!
1) Wouldn’t it be amazing if all people could work out their issues or complications like adults they way you and the other author did? Major Kudos to you both!
2) Leaf mold does not sound good.
3) Those patty melts are making my hungry. I’m trying to avoid fats and cheese that trigger my stomach, but it sounds like it might be worth it!
4) Homemade rolls are still work!
5) Good boy Jake! Well except for stealing Loki’s food bowl, but his “I’m sorry mom” look much be pretty tough to resist.
Hope you get lots of words written and have a good weekend!
November 22nd, 2019 at 6:40 pm · Link
Viki, my eye exam turned out better than I expected. I’m both near and far sighted (cause I’m an overachiever that way), and my farsightedness has improved, rather than worsened and that caused my recent problems when I wore my glasses. We can keep my contacts the same, yay! I need new glasses so we ordered those. Now for you:
1) Glad your plates arrived.
2) Ugh on your oven/mircrowave. We’ve had that problem with space, in fact it’s one reason we’re holding off on washer/dryer. But ours is solvable, yours is more of a head-scratcher. I’m not sure what you can do I’m so sorry.
3) You are so organized! I have some T-Day stuff, but will do the rest on my regular shopping day.
4) I hope Harrison and all of you have fun celebrating Middle’s birthday early this weekend!
5) Again, you’re so good having already started Christmas shopping. I don’t even know where to begin.
Have a great weekend, and hope the Hibachi place is delicious and fun! Happy early Birthday to Middle Son!