Howdy! We’re back for another round of sharing five random things about our weeks in midst of a pandemic. Honestly who could have imaged the utter havoc 2020 would bring?
Anyhow, here’s my five:
- I’m not stressing about writing. I’ve been progressively regaining some of my concentration and ability to write, but this week, I’m more focused on keeping my attitude as positive as possible. Attitude can’t heal the world, but it’s part of the overall package of staying well enough to help those who need me.
- Amazingly, the mail order pharmacy was able to deliver my Humira medication. I am very grateful. However, I’m also very careful about taking my temperature daily and monitoring how I’m feeling before I take it since it’s a powerful immune suppressant. A humorous aside: Our county has put out a strong advisory for us all to wear face masks anytime we go out…um…how do we get those? I’ve managed to find some fabric ones and ordered them, but I’m not sure they’ll deliver them in a timely manner.
- I made cookies yesterday They are dairy free, so I’ve sent a text to youngest son asking if he wants half of the batch. He hasn’t answered yet, but I can guess what the answer will be. For his cookies, I was careful not to touch them once baked, and I’ll just drop them off on his porch if he wants them.
- I miss Turbo (my grandson), all my kids and Biker Witch so, so much. But I have Wizard and Maggie, and each day I am thankful for them. There’s no one else I’d rather be stuck at home with. Wizard and I aren’t getting on each other’s nerves any more than usual, but he’s been retired for a few years now so we’ve had practice at negotiating space.
- Wizard’s birthday is this weekend. Not great timing, but he’s a good sport. We’re making ribs and apple pie to celebrate, and we’ll open one of our nicer bottles of wine. Birthday shopping during a pandemic is a special challenge, LOL! But he understands that and probably won’t hold it against me on my birthday. Probably…
That was my boring week, maybe next week will be more exciting Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope everyone–and your loved ones–are all well. Have the best weekend possible under these trying circumstances!
P.S. I really wish I could call up the witches to heal the sick, and the wing slayers hunters to send this demon virus back to the underworld.