Howdy! We’re back for another round of sharing five random things about our weeks in midst of a pandemic. Honestly who could have imaged the utter havoc 2020 would bring?
Anyhow, here’s my five:
- I’m not stressing about writing. I’ve been progressively regaining some of my concentration and ability to write, but this week, I’m more focused on keeping my attitude as positive as possible. Attitude can’t heal the world, but it’s part of the overall package of staying well enough to help those who need me.
- Amazingly, the mail order pharmacy was able to deliver my Humira medication. I am very grateful. However, I’m also very careful about taking my temperature daily and monitoring how I’m feeling before I take it since it’s a powerful immune suppressant. A humorous aside: Our county has put out a strong advisory for us all to wear face masks anytime we go out…um…how do we get those? I’ve managed to find some fabric ones and ordered them, but I’m not sure they’ll deliver them in a timely manner.
- I made cookies yesterday They are dairy free, so I’ve sent a text to youngest son asking if he wants half of the batch. He hasn’t answered yet, but I can guess what the answer will be. For his cookies, I was careful not to touch them once baked, and I’ll just drop them off on his porch if he wants them.
- I miss Turbo (my grandson), all my kids and Biker Witch so, so much. But I have Wizard and Maggie, and each day I am thankful for them. There’s no one else I’d rather be stuck at home with. Wizard and I aren’t getting on each other’s nerves any more than usual, but he’s been retired for a few years now so we’ve had practice at negotiating space.
- Wizard’s birthday is this weekend. Not great timing, but he’s a good sport. We’re making ribs and apple pie to celebrate, and we’ll open one of our nicer bottles of wine. Birthday shopping during a pandemic is a special challenge, LOL! But he understands that and probably won’t hold it against me on my birthday. Probably…
That was my boring week, maybe next week will be more exciting Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope everyone–and your loved ones–are all well. Have the best weekend possible under these trying circumstances!
P.S. I really wish I could call up the witches to heal the sick, and the wing slayers hunters to send this demon virus back to the underworld.
April 3rd, 2020 at 7:18 am · Link
Wouldn’t it be great if we actually were witches who could cast a spell and return everything to normal again? Nope, never would’ve imagined this. I couldn’t write this book – no one would believe it. Yay for not stressing about writing right now. Yay for getting your meds! LOL about the face mask thing. I’ve seen several things about how to make your own masks using things around the house (i.e. vacuum cleaner bags). Yay for cookies! Boo for not seeing family, but I’m so glad you two aren’t driving each other nuts. Happy Birthday, Wizard!!
1) We’re trying to get outside every day, if the weather permits. It’s still Spring and things are blooming and growing, so being outside helps.
2) One of our older deer is beginning to show her pregnancy. I can’t wait for fawns this year.
3) It’s raining again. We had an unusually wet March and April’s typically wet, so I wonder how much more wet we’re going to be this year. Sploosh.
4) One of my anemones is blooming. Such a happy little red flower all by its lonesome. I hope the others bloom, too.
5) Live PD is supposed to be new tonight, but ‘special edition’. I need me some new Live PD, but we’ll see what happens.
All are still well here, including our families who are spread all over the country. Fingers crossed we all stay that way. And positive thoughts for all the witches and their families to stay healthy and safe. :HUGS:
April 3rd, 2020 at 9:00 am · Link
B.E., that book has been written a lot–only with zombies. Glad you can get your meds, Jen, and smart to be cautious. A couple of hints until your “made” masks arrive, and something to consider if the ones you ordered don’t have filters. Medical friends in the military has used coffee filters. I’ll say more in my five. Consider Face Time, Skype, or Zoom to visit, especially with Turbo. Okay, my 5.
1. Masks. Anything is better than nothing. Even a bandana. Tightly woven material is best, having some sort of dense filter and/or HEPA filter material inserted in the mask is even better. We ordered masks yesterday from an Etsy store in Texas. They have a “pocket,” are washable with a washable filter. Hopefully, they’ll get here in a week or so. Until them, we have coffee filters and bandanas. LG plans on dragging out one of our respirators left from fire service days. It has new filters because he was going to do some work in the attic. Even if there is no pocket, you can cut a coffee filter to line the mask and use paperclips to hold it in place.
2. We kidnapped Stormy Wednesday afternoon. They’ve been self-isolating almost as long as we have and they needed the break! We had a lovely afternoon with him, LG and I taking turns doing things. Stormy, Jake and I took a fairly long Treasure Walk. He collected all sorts of things and got points for spotting things on a scavenger list.
3. Writing? Pfffft. It comes in fits and starts so a few words here and there. Better than nothing. I’m no longer stressing. Too much other stuff
4. We hit freezing last night/early this morning, with drizzle. I’m afraid all my pretty wisteria blooms are toast. Ah well. Spring in the flyover states. Supposed to get nice again next week. If it does, Jake and I may start taking more walks. HE needs the exercise.
5. I finally remembered to flip my wall calendar to April. I have a very happy wolf staring out at me. I think I’m going to pretend to be him and be happy.
Be happy, everyone. Stay home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:24 pm · Link
1. This week has been one where we need to focus on the positive – smart.
2. Glad your meds arrived. I just saw a no sew method to make a mask and re-posted it on FB and Twitter. I will be making one.
3. Yum! I want to go to your house for cookies.
4. I hear you on missing the little one but you do have two great house mates :).
5. I bet you and Wizard will still have a nice time celebrating his birthday. Please wish him a very happy and healthy birthday from me.
1a. We’re getting bored with lockdown. I think the hubs and youngest are going to go kayaking tomorrow. As of yesterday they were still allowed to exercise outdoors as long as social distancing was applied.
2a. I think I’m expressing my stress with this by being tired. I am falling asleep at 6:30 on the couch :(.
3a. Hubs and I cheated and took over soft pretzels and cheese to Harrison’s house. I placed them on the porch and Harrison sat at a window and talked to us for 5 minutes yesterday. It felt great to see him (and to get out of the house).
4a. My mom is driving me crazy. She is 80 and my step dad 94. She has gone out every single day but 2. I finally told her in a MOM voice that she obviously doesn’t know the meaning of STAY HOME! She didn’t care. Oh well.
5. It has been a beautiful sunny day here. It’s chilly but tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60’s and sunny. The daffodils are in bloom so I guess spring is here :).
Have a nice weekend!
PS. Pls get those witches and Wing slayers on the job.
April 3rd, 2020 at 6:38 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all. Yep I’ve seen the how to’s on making face masks. I can do it in a pinch, but boy, how I wish I had my sewing machine now Most of the time, I don’t miss that machine at all, but now…big time!
1) I agree, if weather permits, outside time is a huge help.
2) Baby deer!
3) You have had a lot of rain! We have more rain next week too. Nothing like you guys get though.
4) I think we appreciate the beauty of flowers even more these days.
5) I hope you get a new episode of Live PD tonight, but I guess most filming has stopped for now so who knows.
Positive thoughts and hugs to to you and your too.
April 3rd, 2020 at 6:45 pm · Link
Silver, thanks for all! I’m very fortunate because my R.A. doc taught me so much about both my condition and meds, and how to adjust in dramatic situations. Not everyone is as fortunate to have a medical provider willing to do that, and I’m very thankful. But yes, I should be wearing a mask now.
1) Appreciate the tips. I’ve seen all the how-to’s. I’m just venting. And I won’t buy anything the medical community needs. as I told B.e., I really wish I had my sewing machine again.
2) I love LOVE the Treasure Walk and will remember that when Turbo is a little older. Your Stormy Day sounds like a priceless moments to cherish.
3) Same here on writing.
4) Hope you get some nicer weather to get Jake out on those walks HE needs so much
5) Being a wolf sounds like a good goal to me, LOL!
We are, and I wish all the same for you!
April 3rd, 2020 at 6:53 pm · Link
Viki, thanks, I’m sure we’ll have a nice birthday for Wizard, I know he won’t complain, but he’ll miss everyone. We video chat though and that helps.
1) I hope hubby and youngest can get out on the lake. Our lake is open for fishing and boating the last time I checked. I hope you can find a way to get some outside time too.
2) I bet it’s stress making you tried in the early evenings. I’m struggling between 7pm and 8pm if I’m sitting too.
3) Talking to Harrison through the window is so cute! I love that. Man, I get needing to get out of the house. We took the cookies to Youngest son and his wife. We talked a few minutes, but no touching. And Harrison needs to see his grandparents.
4) MOMS!! So stubborn! And yet that stubbornness and determination also go them to this age. But in this case, they should listen to you!
5) Spring doesn’t seem totally committed this year.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
April 4th, 2020 at 1:06 am · Link
Here is how to mske your own mask
No sewing involved