Friday, May 1st, 2020
TGIF! How can it be May??? Okay time to share five random things about our week:
- I just put this picture of my grandson as wallpaper on my phone.
- I’m writing in spurts, got over one hump and then yesterday I ran right into a big wall, LOL After a couple of fruitless hours (filled with distractions) I had the sense to walk away. Today I’ll figure out the scene or jump ahead to the next scene.
- The other morning I made toast, slathered on almost butter, topped with partially defrosted blueberries and sprinkled on cinnamon. It was AMAZING!
- In my big push this year to do morning strength and strengthening exercises, I developed pain that my doc and I think is Piciformes Syndrome, which is pain in the big butt and upper thigh muscles that pivots your leg side to side (I think I’m explaining that right but I’m too lazy to look it up). I stopped doing things like squats and leg lifts, and am trying to use targeted stretches and walks to heal. But it’s not working and I’m frustrated. When the Covid thing is over, I may have to try some physical therapy to learn the right exercises and hope that does it. FYI–Don’t do what I did, and keep working out through pain thinking it’ll get better! I thought I’d developed some tiny, mini tears that build muscle and it would repair itself. Nope. All I did was prove I can be stubbornly idiotic sometimes.
- We’re planning some Turbo time and very excited. We are still staying home and using all reasonable precautions, but slowly expanding for family.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good (and healthy) weekend!
May 1st, 2020 at 6:14 am · Link
Yay Turbo! He’s so cute! Bummer about the writing wall. You’ll get over it, get around it, or knock it down. Yum on that blueberry toast! Well, crap about your muscle woes. That sucks. I hope it heals soon, whatever it is. Yay for Turbo time! Finally.
1) My self-imposed deadline for pushing Ugly and the Beast out into the world was today. Blew that one. New deadline – Monday. I just have to finish proofing for typos, then format this sucker and get it uploaded to Amazon.
2) Right now, our internet is so freakin’ slow, uploading may take all day. Lord knows I can barely get FB to load and my work email on Yahoo won’t load at all. Thankfully, I don’t have that problem with gmail.
3) Wednesday I did the big Walmart shopping trip. My car hasn’t been that full since we moved here.
4) Today is my quarterly shot appointment, so out into the world I go again. Good thing, too, because I bought hot dogs and no buns. Derp. I can swing through Dollar General while I’m in town. Yay.
5) My irises are blooming. So cheerful. It’s mostly the purple ones, but I have one blue that decided to bloom this year. Yay. Not sure what’s up with the white ones. They’re not into blooming this year, I guess.
May 1st, 2020 at 8:28 am · Link
Yeah, the whole “No pain, no gain” thing? Totally false! A little soreness in the muscles that is gone in 48 hours AFTER resting that muscle? No sweat but yeah…”pushing through the pain” is not a good idea. TURBO!!!!! Which is where I should have started. He’s too cute for words. Bummer on the writing. I feel that pain. 🤣 See #1
1. I get ideas as I’m laying in the dark about to fall asleep. I didn’t write one down and totally freaked when I couldn’t remember. I’m now writing them down and have made some progress on the short story. I have 14 days.
2. My honeysuckle is blooming!!!! Took it long enough. I still plan on trimming back after bloom season. I had a HUGE purple iris bloom and now discovered that I have a smaller whitish-blue one blooming. And my antique rosebush. I am soooo NOT a gardener but I love seeing stuff bloom. 😁 Ooh-ooh-ooh! I just discovered that I may actually get peony blooms this year!
3. I fixed SOS from scratch last night. LG stocked up on jars of dried beef. I usually just grab the frozen Stouffers version. Yeah, we’re weird but we both really like SOS (aka creamed chipped beef). It’s awesome on toasted Texas toast bread.
4. The birds are singing. I want an app that I can record their calls and hit “find” and the app tells me what kind of bird. We have too many trees and my eyes aren’t good enough to locate them. I have an app that tells me what plants, bugs, and animals are if I take a picture.
5. The problem with sleeping with the windows open is the possibilites of outside scents drifting in. In my office, it’s honeysuckle–a YAY! Two times this week, late at night in the bedroom, it was skunk. BOO! The first night, I woke up and thought I was dreaming it. Last night? Jake smelled it too and freaked! He had an early run-in with a skunk soon after he came to live with us. I was totally glad it wasn’t my imagination! 🤣 And glad that all my critters were indoors.
And that’s my news for the day. Our favorite Mexican restaurant isn’t open yet and tomorrow is siren test. I miss the first Saturday of the month pancake breakfast-siren test-lunch with the family at Alvarado’s. Next month! Maybe we’ll just meet for take out and eat in our cars next to each other. 😋 Have a great weekend, everyone. Stay safe! 🥰
May 1st, 2020 at 3:29 pm · Link
1. I love the photo. I see James is an avid reader :).
2. Spurt writing is good.
3. That toast sounds yummy.
4. Be careful with your workout, I know you are. My broken down body is what happens when you don’t stop :(.
5. Yippie for getting to see Turbo tomorrow :)!!!!
1a. Did some shopping today but have to go out again tomorrow to finish up.
2a. Trying to find a place to order a nice pick up dinner for tomorrow. I’m tired of doing all the work or getting fried pickup food.
3a. Youngest is back to working downtown. Some places are going back and his is one. We the people are still in lock down :(.
4a. I still am having trouble reading. I finally get the book out and fall asleep. Very annoying.
5a. Have to figure out what to send my mom for Mother’s Day. I really don’t want to have to go into a Post Office but I think I’m stuck.
Have a great weekend and have a great time with James :).
May 1st, 2020 at 6:07 pm · Link
B.E, we’re excited to see Turbo
1) A weekend delay isn’t bad! Just and FYI, I saw a message from my formatter that Amazon is warning of delay in getting new books uploaded. She said the message is on the dashboard, so you’ll see it if that’s correct.
2) Slow internet sucks.
3) Full shopping!
4) Shot and hot dog buns–almost like normal life
5) Purple irises are so pretty! Hope you white ones get busy soon.
Have a good weekend!
May 1st, 2020 at 6:11 pm · Link
Silver, true on muscles, but I was trying to think positive, LOL. And hey, at least it’s not my hip joint from the RA, which would be a whole other problem.
1) Writing ideas down is key, and yet, I don’t do it enough. Or I write them on random pieces of paper that vanish. 14 days! Time for Butt in Chair and you know the rest!
2) It’s a great feeling when our plants/flowers bloom! You have more of a green thumb than I do. Enjoy!
3) Yay for your yummy dinner!
4) Is there an app that identifies bird chirps or sounds? I bet there is!
5) Ugh on the skunk smell For me, it’s not the scents, but I’m waking up the chirping birds which is not a bad way to wake up since I normally wake that early (5:30ish).
Hope you have a good weekend!
May 1st, 2020 at 6:20 pm · Link
Viki, I’m pretty broken down too, LOL!
1) It’s pretty hard to get everything we need for one or two weeks in one shopping. I’ve been to stores twice this week, I just do the usual mask and handwashing.
2) I hope you find something appealing.
3) Hope your son feels good about going back to work.
4) It is annoying! I fall asleep or my eyes bother me and I stop
5) Mother’s Day is tougher this year. I’m sure you’ll find something that makes your mom happy.
Enjoy whatever you find for dinner tomorrow night and have a good weekend!