TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week:
- I was so convinced yesterday was Friday, I almost forgot to write this blog.
- On Monday I was baking and prepping dinner for daughter in law’s birthday, so I didn’t try to write. Instead, I handled time consuming crap I’d set aside. Stuff like filing for a VAT exemption as a US citizen from the IRS for my German publisher, and that department of the IRS is currently closed due to Covid. It’s a hamster wheel of endless fun right there, LOL. I also handled a time-consuming request from another publisher. I was thrilled to get that stuff off my desk.
- I’m finally on task with revisions. Happy Dance! I refuse to fret about all the wasted time trying to figure things out as it’s all part of retraining my writing, revising, editing and marketing muscles. My motto now is to Believe and Keep Going!
- Yesterday I did an upper GI x-ray series doctors have been after me to do for years. More progress in my exciting life I’m not having any sudden, new or worrisome symptoms, this is just sort of the medical housekeeping item given my history with stomach issues. The worst part was drinking a version of foaming alka seltzer that tasted like lemon flavored battery acid, chased my some thick goopy vanilla stuff. The two best parts were (1) having great technicians that helped me contort like a pretzel while drinking that stuff; and (2) that I can sign in and see all the images on my computer. And yes, I’m weird.
- Turbo will be gone this weekend He’ll have a great time with his parents and cousins, but I’ll miss him. It’ll be two weeks without seeing him. However I’m planning his next chocolate surprise when I do see him (which I already told his dad, who laughed). The upside of not seeing Turbo this weekend is I’ll get more revising done.
That’s my quick and borning Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and for those with a three-day holiday weekend, stay safe and enjoy!!