TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about out week. Here’s mine:
- We had so much fun with Turbo when he was here. The only issue we had was the middle of the night when he woke and missed his mom. Pretty typical for a two year old. Wizard ended up sending me to bed, then he got Turbo back to sleep and slept with him on the couch downstairs. He’s such a good grandpa! Other than that, Turbo was great. Then when we took him home Monday evening, and his mom made us a delicious dinner. I appreciated that beyond words.
- One more Turbo story, the other day Turbo video called to tell me that he got a flu shot and he didn’t cry. I told him he was a big, brave boy for not crying. Turbo’s response was, “I cried on the inside.” That was adorable. None of us know where he got that from, but I sure related. I’ve cried on the inside many times!
- My copy editor has started on SAVAGED DEVOTION. I just going to do a soft release (not a huge release plan with lots of promo, etc.) for that book when it’s ready. I’m hoping the book is as solid as I thought to was when I sent it to her. We’ll see.
- After hours of “discussion” with Eli, I think I have a place to start his opening scene. I’m excited about this book! Also, I’ve built a pretty big story bible for this series that’s already 45 pages long. It’s broken up into three major sections: 1) Mythology that has two subsections of World Building & Terms, 2) Character Overview that contains descriptions of all the gods, demons, witches, demon witches, wing slayer hunters, rogues, hybrids & secondary characters), and another section for each book’s Hero and Heroine profile. 3) Series Timeline for each book in order as things happen. It’s in a notebook I can flip through for quick reference and on word docs I can easily access, and update as I go. I ‘m happy with it, and know it will help me as I tackle both PRIMAL MAGIC and then FALLEN MAGIC. I have ideas for at least two more books after that…but I don’t want to get ahead of myself, LOL.
- This weekend Wizard has plans for both days and I’m wide open. I might clean something, or see a kid, or write, or take over the world. The possibilities are endless!
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend.