TGIF! Time to share 5 random things about our week.
- I’ve hit a wall, and had a couple days of getting nothing done no matter how hard I tried.
- One of the biggest lies I tell myself–writing the next book will be easy. It’s never easy. It’s a messy, dirty, frustrating job of digging and digging, searching for the one nugget of story gold. Right now, I just have a pile of coal. I hate the struggle, and yet I love writing with a passion that drives me.
- Many of you have probably seen this, but I put together a PDF of some of my favorite holiday baking recipes to give to my newsletter subscribers. I plan to send that newsletter out next Tuesday with the link to download the PDF, and hopefully there won’t be any glitches with that. I’m using Bookfunnel to do it. If anyone is interested in signing up before the newsletter goes out, click here for the link I had fun doing this project and hope to do more things as time allows.
- I bought myself a fancy new coffeemaker. This is a milestone for me. I always buy cheap ones, but realized if I’m going to work this hard, try this hard at my goals, the least I can do is buy myself a decent coffeemaker with the flexibility to make a full pot or a single serving. Seriously, why is it so hard to be nice to ourselves?
- Yesterday I made a few dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt. I might just eat them all before this blog posts due to frustration (That’s Wizard in the background screaming, NO! You have to save me some!)
That’s my five now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a safe, fun weekend and stays healthy!