Friday, December 4th, 2020
TGIF! Time to share 5 random things about our week.
- I’ve hit a wall, and had a couple days of getting nothing done no matter how hard I tried.
- One of the biggest lies I tell myself–writing the next book will be easy. It’s never easy. It’s a messy, dirty, frustrating job of digging and digging, searching for the one nugget of story gold. Right now, I just have a pile of coal. I hate the struggle, and yet I love writing with a passion that drives me.
- Many of you have probably seen this, but I put together a PDF of some of my favorite holiday baking recipes to give to my newsletter subscribers. I plan to send that newsletter out next Tuesday with the link to download the PDF, and hopefully there won’t be any glitches with that. I’m using Bookfunnel to do it. If anyone is interested in signing up before the newsletter goes out, click here for the link I had fun doing this project and hope to do more things as time allows.
- I bought myself a fancy new coffeemaker. This is a milestone for me. I always buy cheap ones, but realized if I’m going to work this hard, try this hard at my goals, the least I can do is buy myself a decent coffeemaker with the flexibility to make a full pot or a single serving. Seriously, why is it so hard to be nice to ourselves?
- Yesterday I made a few dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt. I might just eat them all before this blog posts due to frustration (That’s Wizard in the background screaming, NO! You have to save me some!)
That’s my five now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a safe, fun weekend and stays healthy!
December 4th, 2020 at 11:33 am · Link
Yum, yum, more yum. And COFFEE! And Wiz needs to get in there fast. 🤣 I’ve bounced off that wall a time or ten, and yes. No way to walk away from our passion. Okay, my five:
1. I hate drama. I didn’t hit my deadline due to it. Not my drama–just caught in the backlash that created big revisions that wouldn’t have had to be made without the drama. And then a stab in the back to top it all off. 🤬
2. That said, revisions, edits, and proofs done. I’ll be sending the MSS in today. Just waiting on the revised book covers. 🤞
3. I fried up 16 pounds of bacon for tomorrow’s December Santa Pancake Breakfast at the Post. 🥓🥓🥓
4. Speaking of cooking, I did French Dip in the slowcooker yesterday YUMMERS! A rump roast, two packages of Liptons Beef and Onion soup mix, about 1/2 cup of water, and 1-1 1/2 cups of beef broth. Cook on high for at least 8 hours–I went a little over 10 to makes sure the roast came apart and was totally tender. Hoagy rolls broilered with butter and Provolone cheese melted, and the leftover au jus for dipping. Easy and YUMMERS! 😋
5. Hallmark Christmas movies are addicting. Just sayin’… (I’ve caught LG watching them when I’m not even around!💕💕)
Have a great weekend, everyone! 🥰
December 4th, 2020 at 4:37 pm · Link
1. Sorry about the wall. I get there all the time and feel like I’m just smashing my head against it.
2. Sure hope the coal turns to gold soon.
3. Love the recipe idea.
4. Nice coffee maker.
1a. My week has been awful. No need to mention the trees and mess any more.
2a. Hubs didn’t get his new credit cards so he called and reported them as stolen. All the Christmas shopping I did over the weekend was either suspended or recharged to me credit card. Just spent a ton of time trying to fix the mess.
3a. Virus is awful and everyone is grumpy.
4a. Someone sent me a card from Buffalo that was from Spunk. No idea who. The card looks just like him too ;).
5a. Have to go make dinner – not looking forward to it. Think it will be beef of some sort.
Have a great weekend!
December 4th, 2020 at 5:53 pm · Link
Silver, coffee always rocks, it’s the only way I function, LOL.
1) Dear God, that was the drama from hell, wasn’t it? I’m with you, I hate it, and it’s creates such an energy drain, plus the extra work. I’m so sorry for all of you.
2) You did it despite the drama! You’re amazing. Believe it!
3) And very giving too! Your bacon will be enjoyed
4) I want to try that French Dip. I make one with packaged Au Jus for busy nights, but I want to try your version too.
5) I hear so many people say they are addicted to Hallmark Christmas movies. I like some of them I’ve “caught” Wizard watching them though.
Hope you have a great pancake breakfast and weekend.
December 4th, 2020 at 5:57 pm · Link
Viki, so far I really love my coffeemaker!
1) Okay, you win the Crap Week award. I hope you are able to make some progress on the cleanup.
2) That lost credit card is a nightmare anytime, but it’s so much worse at the holidays. I hope you can get it resolved and the gifts reordered.
3) Right there with everyone on being grumpy about the virus. I strive for a positive attitude but it’s tough.
4) Okay, that’s either really cute or really weird. Maybe someone who just wanted to make you smile? Or Spunk is even more amazing than we knew
5) I hope you had a big glass of wine with you dinner. You need and deserve it after this week.
I hope your weekend is better than your week!