Friday, December 11th, 2020
TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing 5 random things about our week.
- I’m reading Ilona Andrews book titled Burn For Me and enjoying it.
- I’m listening to another book that’s not a romance and annoyed. The story is constant telling rather than telling and worse, the author is repeating scenes from different character point of views. And to top it off, the author occasionally moves onto a new scene, then backtracks to retell an old scene from another point of view. I’m only sticking it out from stubbornness now. But I often switch to listening to podcasts, so I may end up DNFing this book.
- This was Maggie’s face when I told her I didn’t have time to take her for a second walk yesterday.
- I love my new coffeemaker. It makes me happy every morning
- I’m not really doing Christmas baking this year and I miss it.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear 5 random things about your week. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
December 11th, 2020 at 9:45 am · Link
You should listen to BURN FOR ME. I 💕 that series. Rogan and Nevada are awesome and the whole series is total reading crack! Renee Raudman does all their narration and she’s awesome! I’ve DNF’d more this year than at any time. I think I’ve decided life’s too short. Poor Maggie. I’m sure you or Wiz will make it up to her. COFFEE!!! And I hear you on the baking. Okay. My five:
1. I got my outside lights up. We haven’t done the huge displays we used to put up in years so it’s just on the porch and around the walkway. Still…lights!
2. I’m sort of working on a free Christmas story. I really need to get a plot nailed down since it’s the 11th already.
3. I didn’t take Jake shopping this week. I had Christmas presents on my list and that always takes longer. It takes us awhile to get through Walmart anyway because people want to talk about him. He’s still sulking so we’re going to Starbucks this morning. Hopefully, that will get him over his grump.
4. The ferals aren’t too sure about the big lighted candy canes around the front porch. Well, except Shylock who pretty much lives on the porch and has for years.
5. The tree crew finished up this week. We’re the only house in the neighborhood without huge piles of limbs and branches. They trimmed out the dead/hanging branches up high, took down one tree that had been totally topped out and wouldn’t survive, and hauled everything away. It’s sooo nice not to see the piles.
That’s my five. Pretty mundane but then life isn’t exactly exciting currently. That’s not a bad thing, but I really need to get back to serious writing. Have a great weekend! 🥰
December 11th, 2020 at 4:28 pm · Link
1/2. Glad you’re enjoying the first read and I can’t believe you’re hanging in there with the second. I would be done with it.
3. I love Maggie’s face. She is so smart. I also like her ears. They contribute to her expression.
4. What brand is your coffee maker? Ours is very old and will expire soon.
5. We’re not baking much either but boy is Harrison. His mom said he eats most of the ingredients as they bake :).
1a. I just finished a quick Christmas read by Cynthia Eden – DECK THE HALLS. Fast and fun.
2a. They adjust will be here tomorrow around 10:30. It’s supposed to be pouring. He better show. And youngest may try and get up there and see if he can cover any damage before I can get the roofer (if needed) out to the house.
3a. All but one gift has arrived. Now I have to plan the mass wrap session. I have to be careful because my arm can only take so much.
4a. My stripe is getting really big again. It’s been 8 weeks since my hair was done and oh my!
5a. DIL is thinking that if it’s nice out on the 22nd, they’ll come by to drop off/exchange gifts at the garage and maybe come out of the car and say hi. If that’s the best we can get, we’ll take it.
Have a wonderful weekend!
December 11th, 2020 at 6:50 pm · Link
Silver, I hadn’t thought of listening to it, but I’m into the story so will keep reading at least this one. Maybe for the rest I’ll listen Maggie got two walks today, so she’s once again properly spoiled.
1) Yay on lights. That’s better than we’ve done this year.
2) I saw you are working on a Christmas story. Keep going! We all need more cheer.
3) Poor Jake, he’s just a sociable sweetheart. I hope he had a great time going to Starbucks.
4) Shylock sounds like he’s just a tad less feral, or maybe more experienced than the others. I can see why lighted candy canes might be a little scary. I saw a lighted Christmas snoopy on my walk this morning and now I want one.
5) It must be awesome to have that mess gone! That’s good news.
I hope you have a good weekend and get lost of words!
December 11th, 2020 at 7:01 pm · Link
Viki, I’ve only hung in there on the second because there’s a decent story in that mess of narration. But I’m reaching the end of my patience. I agree, a lot of Maggie’s expressions are in her ears.
Oh the coffeemaker is a Hamilton Beach Flex Brew. Here’s the amazon link (although I got it a little cheaper for some Cyber Monday sale or something) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2WCHDV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Now for you:
1) Sounds like a perfect book for a stressful time of year.
2) It figures it’s supposed to rain when the adjuster is scheduled. I’m crossing my finger’s he shows AND that you don’t have any leaks. But tarps might be a good idea if it’s safe for your son to get up there.
3) I know wrapping is hard on you. Maybe gift bags? I all my gifts, I think, and need to wrap too.
4) Hope you can get out soon to get your hair done. We’re on shutdown but I’m going to get mine taken care of if at all possible.
5) It’d be really nice if you could have a little outdoor party. Maybe even share some of Harrison’s cookies I hate that it’s been so long since you could hug him. This pandemic is staining us all in varying ways.
I hope the adjust shows up and gives you the best news possible under the circumstances. Have a good weekend!