Friday, January 15th, 2021
TGIF! It’s a crazy world, but some things remain the same like sharing five random things about our week. I’ll go first:
- Don’t be jealous, but yesterday I went to Target with a mental list, meaning I was too lazy to write it down. But guess what? I remember everything on my list. Impressive, am I right?
- After two weeks of nonstop whining from Wizard, I broke down and made dark chocolate almond clusters with sea salt. And I made him his favorite taquitos for dinner last night too. I’m inspired by how hard he’s trying to give me space to work lately.
- I’m hoping that Covid will be better and Wizard and I can go to the NINC conference in in the fall. It’s in St. Pete’s Florida, and I’ve loved it the the two times I’ve gone.
- I’m writing. It’s a mess, but eventually, the magic will happen and a book will start to emerge. Eli and Savi, and Ram and Ginny’s stories are running around in my head, making me dizzy as I try to get them all to line up in an orderly format. It’s probably a lot like putting a bunch of cranky toddlers juiced up on Twinkies and Ding Dongs in a room with feral cats, set off the fire alarm and sprinkles and then expect them to write a book that’s readable.
- I’m going to try to see Turbo this weekend if possible. I have some store bought break and bake sugar cookies in my fridge that I never used. So I bought mini M&Ms and plan figure out how to get the most M&Ms possible in a cookie, bake it and then take it to Turbo. I take my job of spoiling him very seriously I have no idea why his parents are so tolerant of me doing this stuff but I’m grateful.
That’s my five things, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and peaceful weekend!
January 15th, 2021 at 8:04 am · Link
🤣🤣🤣 I TOTALLY understand #4. That’s an excellent description! Yay for M&M cookies and Turbo Time(tm). I’m with Wiz, I want some of those almond cluster yummies and FYI? He’s a keeper! Okay. I’ll try to come up with five things…
1. Writing is a chore this week. Getting new words is like pulling tiny pieces of gravel out of road tar in the middle of Death Valley and trying to make taffy out of it. So, yeah. I totall feel your pain.
2. Loki decided to snuggle–sort of–the other night. I was in bed watching TV with Jake stretched out beside me getting scritches. I was propped up on pillows and had one leg straight, one leg crooked at the knee to make a 4. Loki hopped up and after a bit, curled up in the “nest.” He even let me stroke his tail, part of his back, and one hip. There’s hope I’ll eventually get another snuggle kitty!
3. Not having much luck with the crows so far. Time and patience. I did put some “sprarklies” out for them. So far, no takers and the starlings are still getting the bulk of the food but I’m not giving up. Crows are cool!
4. Finally took down the outdoor Christmas lights. The porch always looks…bare, even with the LED light string that stays up year round.
5. I’m probably going to have to buy a new keyboard. I have a couple of function keys that aren’t working correctly and all “Googled” searches for fixes haven’t worked. Plus, it’s getting so I can’t read the letters on over half the numbers, despite the plastic cover I’ve had on it. Since it’s over 5 years old, I suppose it’s time.
That’s my five. Spaghetti dinner at the Post tonight and then hopefully new words this weekend. Have a great one, witches!
January 15th, 2021 at 10:37 am · Link
Yay for remembering your list! I am totally jealous. LOL about Wizard and his whining for treats. You’re so good to him. And he’s so good to you, too. Fingers crossed for you to be able to attend NINC. LOL about your characters. You’ll wrangle them somehow. Yay for potential Turbo time!
1) I wrote the very beginning of the climax scene for my book last night. It won’t be too long now before I reach the end.
2) Yesterday, I went out and did some cleanup of the south part of the property. Would you believe I found even more of those landscape bricks? I think they buried the ones they didn’t want and now they’re coming to the surface.
3) The previous bricks are now part of the landscaping, so more of them are welcome. If they keep showing up, I’ll have the whole area underneath the desk paved eventually.
4) I’ve been researching putting in a terraced vegetable garden. Whether I actually do it is still in the air, but the research is keeping me out of trouble.
5) I think I need to make more applesauce bread. Hubs is out and he likes to have something home-baked with his breakfast. Maybe today.
January 15th, 2021 at 4:35 pm · Link
1. WOW! Great on remembering all the items you needed. Did you buy any you didn’t need?
2. Wizard is one fortunate guy ;).
3. I hope this “thing” goes away soon too and you get to go to the conference.
4. Your characters like to mess with you. It’s all part of their fun but you always end up reining them in ;).
5. Grandma and M&M cookies – YUM!
1a. We went to Harrison’s yesterday to wish his dad a happy early birthday. Harrison was a hoot as always.
2a. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies on Wednesday and forgot the bag on the counter to take to Harrison. Hubs forgot his mask (he had an old one in the car) so I don’t feel completely stupid.
3a. I’m going to take a 25 mcg of CBD tonight. My right arm has been giving me fits.
4a. I have Raynaud’s and have had it for over 30 years but yesterday it was acting up while I was cutting a pepper. I cut my finger but did you know that since there is no blood in the finger when a flare up occurs, the cut doesn’t bleed. What I learned, is that, as soon as blood returns to the finger (even 1o minutes later) the cut bleeds.
5a. It’s snowing. I guess we’re supposed to have some snow every day for the next 14 days. I’m good as long as it isn’t like Dec. 1st when all the trees came down.
Now I’m off to make stir fry.
Have a wonderful weekend!
January 15th, 2021 at 6:48 pm · Link
Silver, I’d happily share my almond clusters with you
1) Why do we love something so painful like writing?
2) Sounds like Loki’s growing in to a snuggle kitty, and that also sounded like a great way to relax for all of you.
3) I’m rooting for you to make friends with the murder of crows.
4) There’s something sad about taking down Christmas decorations. I always miss the lights.
5) Had to laugh, Wizard is always mad that I type off the letters and changes the key board. And I’m like…what letters? But the keys sticking or doing funky stuff is a real problem. Definitely time for a new keyboard!
Have fun at the spaghetti dinner and a good weekend.
January 15th, 2021 at 6:53 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all
1) You’re in the home stretch!!
2) That’s a little odd that they buried them, but it’s a great find for you.
3) Pretty cool way to pave your deck. It’s like a daily treasure hunt to find more landscape bricks on your property.
4) A terraced vegetable garden sounds amazing. But it’s also a lot of planning and work.
5) Hope you got the bread made.
I suspect you’ll be typing a lot this weekend since you’re at the climax scene. Have a great one.
January 15th, 2021 at 7:00 pm · Link
Viki, I got everything I needed and nothing I didn’t at Target, and I did it all in record time. If only I could write a book like that!
1) Hope Oldest has a great birthday, and Harrison must have been so happy to see you.
2) Bummer that you forgot the cookies. And always good to have a backup mask. We keep them in the car now.
3) I’m sorry you’re in so much pain. Hope the CBD eases it for you.
4) Sounds like your Raynaud’s is pretty serious if the blood flow is restricted that much. I always flinch at other people cutting themselves while chopping. I’ve done it so many times, I guess is an empathetic reaction. Hope it heals quickly.
5) Wizard was just commenting how so many areas are getting hammered. And here we are at 90 degrees and dealing with fires mid January. Weather madness.
Hope you enjoyed your stir fry and have a good weekend.