Friday, June 25th, 2021
TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- After three short years of procrastinating, I bought a carpet cleaner on Amazon Prime Day. Cheap Jen is still pounding on the my mental basement door demanding to be released, LOL! Hey, she’s the one that went down there when I whispered they were serving wine and chocolate in the basement.
- My hairdresser moved, and I have to find a new one. My bangs are in my eyes–I don’t think I can procrastinate for three years on this one.
- I wish I had chocolate.
- One day this week, Wizard went to the indoor track to practice racing his radio control cars. Special K brought Turbo to watch and Turbo loved being there with Grandpa. Turbo went home and told his daddy, “Grandpa speeds a lot.” LOLOL! I’m not saying if that’s true for all cars or just his radio control cars I will say that I loved hearing every detail of Grandpa-Turbo time. Probably because Wizard always supports me going to see Turbo alone when he’s doing something else.
- Turbo and family are coming over Saturday for a pool and dinner day. It’ll be fun.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
June 25th, 2021 at 7:52 am · Link
Yay for good stuff! Boo about your hairdresser, though.
1) It’s blueberry picking time again here. Every year I say I’m going to go do that and every year I fail. Maybe this year will be the year.
2) We have five-lined skinks living on the deck with the container garden. They’re cute and I talk to them when I’m out there watering the plants.
3) The more I think about eating less the hungrier I seem to get. I’m also hungrier after getting a lot of exercise. How’s a gal supposed to lose weight against those odds? LOL
4) We’re seeing fawns! Yay!
5) I’m determined to not let anything get in the way of finishing this book. It’s only been about 10 years since I started it. Derp.
June 25th, 2021 at 10:01 am · Link
Bangs. My former hairdresser showed me how to trim them. You part off the hair you want for bangs then you gather it and twist it around and around until you have a tight twist. Pull that strand/twist down flat along your forehead in the middle of your nose. Cut the twist even with the base of your eyebrow. Comb it out. This should make them the right length and keeps them from being straight across like “Buster Brown” bangs. And that’s my #1 thing. LOLOL And yay for all the good stuff you did and have going on. And TURBO! Now to my remaining 4.
2. Stormy has enjoyed his lunches and afternoons over here. His Big Daddy (aka Lawyer Guy) picked up some STEM Lego-style kits. He’s built a rescue space shuttle, an outerspace drone and two moon bases. Then he built a B-25 bomber model that was a regular “snap-together” model (not Legos.) He works at the end of the dining room table while BD is on his computer. Stormy also reads all the instructions and then builds ALL BY HIMSELF! The kid’s too smart for my own good.
3. I have a plot–sort of–for the Christmas novella. Only 1000 words so far this week but new words!
4. It’s hot again. It was 80 degrees at 8 am with 80% humidity. It was like walking into a sauna. I moved the trash can the twenty feet to the curb for trash pickup and was sweating by the time I got back inside. Ugh. Supposed to get some relief this weekend. Totally sending cooling thoughts y’all’s way because you’re suffering!
5. I’m giving blood tomorrow. We have a blood emergency in the state. I should save that for Monday, but I have nothing else even remotely interesting to share. 🤣
Stay cool if you can. Have a great weekend!
June 25th, 2021 at 3:13 pm · Link
1. Ha ha – You trickster you luring Cheap Jenn with wine and chocolate ( Do you even have a basement in CA?). Good job on using Prime day for the steam cleaner!
2. Really feel for you in trying to find a new stylist. Hope you get your bangs trimmed soon.
3. Chocolate is medicine.
4. Turbo is so cute. Poor Wizard getting called out for speeding on the track. Sure hope he pointed out to Turbo that the track is the only place to speed .
5. You all have a great time Sunday. A pool get together is the best thing for the super heat.
1a. It is so dark here. I figure the Lake is getting rain, we sure aren’t and we need it badly. Seems it’s going to be this way again this year. North and south get the rain. It splits and goes around us :(.
2a. A friend I grew up with lost her son in a truck accident Friday night. He was only 32, 2 months younger than my middle boy. I can’t imagine the pain.
3a. That 3000 mg CBD balm works pretty well. I just have a hard time applying it since I have poor range of motion.
4a. I’m getting my hair done tomorrow. Can’t wait and I am telling DIL to go back to my normal shade of blond. As the gray comes in it blends better.
5a. I made oatmeal raisin cookies the other day. Hubs has pretty much wiped them out . They did turn out pretty good. I used extra Saigon Cinnamon.
I hope you have a really wonderful weekend and have tons of fun with Turbo and playing in the water.
June 25th, 2021 at 5:36 pm · Link
1) Go for it. Fresh picked blueberries give you so many baking options
2) Sounds like the skinks aren’t afraid of you.
3) I hear you. It’s a vicious cycle.
5) The book will be awesome, just keep typing.
Hope you have a great weekend!
June 25th, 2021 at 5:40 pm · Link
1) Great tip on cutting bangs.
2) Stormy sounds pretty amazing. Not only his smarts, but his patience and follow through.
3) Awesome on plot for Christmas novella!
4) That’s just disgusting weather. Mother Nature needs drugs.
5) Tell us how it went on Monday, and kudos for giving blood. I always feel guilty that my meds prevent me from doing it when the supply is short like now.
Really hope you get a break in weather this weekend!
June 25th, 2021 at 5:47 pm · Link
Viki, there aren’t many basements in CA due to earthquakes. There’s plans for a subway like system that I question the wisdom of for that reason too. But moving on…
1) Amazing out the rain can “split” like that. Weather patterns are pretty interesting. But sorry for lack of rain. We’re in serious drought mode here.
2) I’m so very sorry for you, and for your friends. I can’t imagine losing a child either. My heart aches for all the family and friends. So tragic.
3) Glad it helps, and hopefully hubs assists you to reach the spots you can’t do yourself.
4) They gray does blend better in blonde, so hopefully Cassie can do that for you.
5) The cookies sound delicious, and were obviously a hit with hubs!
I hope you have a good weekend.