TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week.
- Wizard asked me, “Witch, what did you impulse buy from Amazon? FYI, I actually wrote “impulse buy” in the check register. Why? Well…as I answered Wizard, “I don’t want to tell you.” He laughed, “Spit it out.” I gave in with, “Fine I bought another swim suit.” I heard a snort, and nothing else as he went back to reading the news. Let’s all take a moment to appreciate his restrain in NOT pointing out that no swimsuit is going to remove 20 years and 15 pounds (Just a note–he doesn’t really care what I buy, he was just curious.)
- Yesterday I got a call that Turbo was running a very slight (under 100) temp, and couldn’t go to preschool. And one of the three dogs hurt her leg. Could I come babysit? Of course I did. Turbo was sooo good. My poor daughter-in-law had to sit in the parking lot at the emergency vets for over 4 hours. The vet believes the dog’s leg is sprained not broken. Unfortunately, this little dog is older and, they just found out a couple days ago, definitely going blind. It’s been a rough week for them. They have two other dogs, including one that is paralyzed and on wheels. Turbo seemed fine by the end of the day.
- Turbo just started preschool last week. He’s not a fan, LOL. But he’ll adjust. He told me he loves the big playground but not the little playground. Sounds reasonable to me, why would anyone want a little playground when they can play on a big one??? That’s like asking me if I want a little chocolate or a lot of chocolate.
- Some writing happened, but definitely not yesterday. While taking care of Turbo is pretty easy, fighting traffic is not. I was way more tired from that than playing trucks on the floor and digging in dirt outside for five hours
- My sister, Biker Witch and her Biker Hubby are coming over Saturday. I’m making some easy fajitas and the key lime pie, because key lime pie sounds a good hot day dessert. I’m looking forward to that. I’d planned to clean and run to the store on Thursday, but since I spent the day at Turbo’s, I’ll go to the store today, then on Saturday, we’ll all ignore the dirt and eat pie Life is too short to worry about not having a perfect house.
That’s my five now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend.